Rochelle meaning and origin
Origin of Famed Rochelle is in Old High German, Germanic and Hebrew is commonly used in English, meaning of Rochelle is "Battle Cry, Rohon Which Means to Roar Battle Cry or Short Tunic" is a gender insensitive name . Rochelle is variation of biblical and enduring Rachel. Also Rachel is equivalent of Hebrew רָחֵל = Ewe, Female Sheep in Greek and Latin languages. Rachel is also equivalent of Rågiähl in Latin language. Widely Accepted Hebrew Rachel, meaning of Rachel is "Little Lamb, Jacob's Wife and Innocence of a Lamb". Rochelle is derivation of Roch. Roch is form of virtuous, customary and imperishable Rocco. Roch's meaning is Shout a Battle Cry and Short Tunic is rooted from Old High German and Germanic is used in French. The name is celebrated on August 16th.
Variants of RochelleNames that rhyme with Rochelle
Popularity of Rochelle
Rochelle was among the popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1900 around 47151 babies have been given the moniker. At the peak of its usage in 1969, 1270 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 236th position. But after 167 years, the name has lost its appeal a bit and is now ranking low. Moreover, the first name has been to the top 500 baby names a whooping 59 times
Rochelle is a common name in England and Wales given to over 941 babies in 23 years. At the peak of its usage in 1997, the moniker grabbed the 283rd spot and 128 baby girls were given the name. Rochelle is an uncommon baby name in Ireland still in use today. Also, it is uncommon in France, where it has been in use since 1993 and peaked in 1995 when it ranked 2051st. But Rochelle is a popular baby name in Philippines where every 1 in 3000 have the name as well as in South Africa. As per our estimate, over 140000 babies have been bestowed Rochelle around the globe.
Rochelle in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Rochelle
Once you get distressed, you turn to solitude for a while, until your soul heals. Having number 6 as your expression number says you are responsible and trustworthy. You don't have to lie but find a subtle way to tell someone they need improvement or work harder on something to get it done correctly. If you have number 8 as your personality no, it reveals your competitive spirit, good nature, and lucky one.
Other names liked by would be moms that are similar to Rochelle
- Aviana - Customary Aviana came from Germanic and Greenlandic is notably used in Greenlandic, Swedish and English used as a baby girl name, meaning of Aviana is "Bearer of Good News or Modern Blend of Ava or Ana". On list of baby girl names, predominant Aviana elevated to 394th position in 2018 in United States
- Dixie - Noteworthy and Perennial unisex name Dixie is used prevalently in English and English. It is rooted from Old Norse and French, meaning of Dixie is "Dick's Son, American South or Southern Us"
- Freddie - Used chiefly in Swedish, English and Norwegian durable and popular, Freddie is originated from Old High German and Germanic mainly given to both boys and girls, Freddie means "Supernatural Counsel, Power or Peaceful Ruler"
- Tiara - Mainly used in Oriya, Telugu and Swedish preeminent, Tiara means "Crown or Royalty Jewels" is a unisex name is originated from Greek and English
- Golden - Used largely in English eternal and prevailing, Golden means "Gilded, Blond or Gold". Its origin is in English is a gender-neutral name
Namesakes of Rochelle
- Rochelle Low, former field hockey player from Canada,
- Rochelle Jones, South Florida author and journalist
- Rochelle Loewen, Canadian broadcaster, former Glamour model
- Rochelle Stevens, 1996 Olympic gold medalist for the United States
- Rochelle Hudson, American film actress
- Rochelle Aytes, American actress and model
- Rochelle Ballard, American professional surfer and a veteran of the Association of Surfing Professional’s World Championship Tour
- Rochelle Pangilinan, Filipina dancer, actress and recording artist
- Rochelle Alers, American writer of romance novels
- Rochelle Gilmore, Australian former racing cyclist currently living
- Rochelle Ovitt in If Looks Could Kill as Actress
- Rochelle Balin in Devils Are Dreaming as Actress
- Rochelle Douglas in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets as Actress
- Rochelle Ashana is known for her acting in movie Kickboxer
- Rochelle Davis characterized central role of Mrs. Layton In drama and horror movie Revenge of the Devil Bat.
- Rochelle Swanson, from 1994 drama, thriller movie Night Fire, who played Gwen.
- Rochelle Barrameda characterized leading role of N in 1995 comedy, drama film Best Friends.
Lists having Rochelle
- Boys names beginning with R
- Girls names beginning with R
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Girl names that ends with -elle
- Baby Names that mean Battle
- Baby Names that mean Cry
- Baby Names that mean Rest
- Baby Names that mean Little
- Baby Names that mean Rock
- Baby Names that mean Short