Evangeline name meaning
On This Page
What does Evangeline mean?
Meaning of Evangeline is Good News used for baby girls which of Old Greek origin is used largely in English. The name is celebrated on 27th of December.
How do I pronounce Evangeline?
The most common pronunciation of one syllabled Evangeline is eh-VAN-je-leen. The pronunciation choose to emphasis on second VAN syllable. The other ways to say the name are ah-van-jah-leen, e-vangeli-ne or ev(a)-nge-line.
Variants of Evangeline
Nicknames for Evangeline
There are plenty of nicknames to go along with Evangeline. Some of those include:
Middle Names for Evangeline
Cordelia, Aizah, view more middle names that goes with EvangelineNames that rhyme with Evangeline
How popular is the name Evangeline?
Evangeline was among the popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1881 around 26676 babies have been given the moniker. At the peak of its usage in 2016, 1324 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 240th position.
However after 138 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still performing better than most of the names. Additionally, the name has been in the top 500 baby names a whooping 52 times
Evangeline used to be a common name in England and Wales, first appeared in 1996 and over 2542 babies have been given the name in 23 years.
When at the peak of its usage in 2015,. However after 23 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong. Evangeline is a unique baby name in France, it has been in use since 1901 and was able to reach the top 800 names.
In 1901, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 749 on girl names chart when 41 babies were named Evangeline. Over 583 babies in France have been named Evangeline.
Evangeline is an uncommon baby name in Ireland still in use today.
Evangeline is a rare baby name in Belgium where it is still in use. But an extremely popular name in Philippines where every 1 in 700 have the name. As per our research, over 200000 people has been named Evangeline globally.
Evangeline in Nordic countries
Numerological aspects of Evangeline
You will learn that nothing matters more than love and dreams in life. Logic isn't your strongest side but perfectionism is something people admire you for. Your motto is "Why fight when you can solve issues the better way?" You need to start looking out for yourself more. Find out what drives you. You are that person who teaches others how to live life without much drama and walk their path with no one's help.
Do you like Evangeline? Read these names too
- Alexiane - Girl name Alexiane means "Repel or Protect". Its origin is in Old Greek is commonly used in French and English
- Coraline - Famous girl name Coraline has origin in Greek and English, mainly used in French and English languages, meaning of Coraline is "From the Semi-precious Sea Growth Coral or Girl of the Sea"
- Kittie - Used specifically in Swedish and English old-school and widely accepted, Kittie means "Beloved, Pretty and The Pure", a girl name is rooted from Old Greek. Kittie is short form of Karine.
- Cassiopeia means Cassia has origin in Old Greek, a baby girl name is majorly used in English and Greek
- Defne - Origin of Unconventional Defne is in Old Greek language bestowed upon baby girls which is used in Turkish, meaning of Defne is "Laurel Tree or Laurel"
Sibling Names for Evangeline
Evangeline is a beautiful and unique name that has been increasing in popularity in recent years. If you've chosen to name your baby girl Evangeline, then you might be wondering which sibling names would complement her name perfectly. Here are some great sibling names for Evangeline that will make a lovely combination of siblings.
Names for Evangeline's sister
Names for Evangeline's brother
Famous people named Evangeline
- Evangeline Adams, late 19th- / early 20th-century American astrologer
- Evangeline French, British Protestant Christian missionary in China
- Evangeline Lilly, Canadian actress
- Evangeline Booth, British theologist and the 4th General of The Salvation Army
- Evangeline Walton, an American author of fantasy fiction
- Evangeline Lindes in Episode #1.5 as Actress
- Evangeline Young in Yes, Your Tide Is Cold and Dark, Sir as Actress
- Evangeline Pascual in La visa loca as Actress
- Evangeline Duy in Dancing Shiva Series as Actress
- Evangeline Archer is known for her acting in movie Davy Jones' Locker
- In 1927, Evangeline Russell characterized the role of Lua in adventure film The Isle of Sunken Gold.
Lists having Evangeline
- Girl names beginning with E
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Greek Girl Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -eline
- Girl names that starts with Eva
- Baby Names that mean Good