Roosevelt meaning and origin
Dominantly used in English persistent and pleasing, Roosevelt is used as a gender-neutral name, meaning of Roosevelt is "Roose, Veld or Rose Field" is rooted from Dutch.
Variants of RooseveltNames that rhyme with Roosevelt
Popularity of Roosevelt
Roosevelt was a popular name in United States. Over 37725 babies have been given the moniker in 163 years. When at the peak of its usage in 1905, 1209 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 91st position. But after 163 years, the name has lost its appeal a bit and is now ranking low. Moreover, the name has been to the top 100 baby names 3 times But Roosevelt is a popular baby name in Brazil where every 1 in 40000 have the name. According to our estimate, at least 40000 people have been bestowed Roosevelt around the globe.
What numbers say about Roosevelt?
You always find a creative way to express how you feel and turn your pain into some masterpiece. You are a risk taker because you know that in order to get something, you need to give something in return. People don't concern you much, meaning there are only a few people you trust in your life. Great things are ahead of you. You were this kind and generous person in the past but hanging around with negative and abusive people has changed you.
If you like Roosevelt, you would love these names
- Cornelis - Commonly Accepted boy name Cornelis means "Raven or Horn" which is dominantly used in Norwegian and English has origin in Latin
- Sasso means The Saxon is used especially in German and Dutch is originated from Old High German is given to boys
- Ron - Admired Hebrew, Old Greek and Old Norse Ron means "Rule or Song of Joy", commonly used in Danish and Dutch is given to both genders. In 1980, admired name Ron managed to bag 494th position on baby boy names chart in United States
- Alida - Of Old High German, Germanic and Latin origin, Famed and Perpetual Alida bestowed upon girls, Alida means "Of a Noble Kind, Noble or The Element Alaida Which Means Little Winged Girl" is used especially in Swedish, Italian and Danish
- Feike - Unisex name Feike means "Peace". Its origin is in Old English is largely used in Dutch and Frisian
Namesakes of Roosevelt
- Roosevelt Johnson, Liberian
- Roosevelt F. Dorn, the former mayor of Inglewood, California, was born October 29
- Roosevelt Chapman, American college basketball player who
- Roosevelt Zanders, owner of New York City limousine service Zanders Auto Rental Service
- Roosevelt Skerrit, Dominican politician
- Roosevelt Sykes, musical artist
- Roosevelt Leaks, Roosevelt Leaks, Jr
- Roosevelt Taylor, former American football safety
- Roosevelt Potts, former professional American football player
- Roosevelt Brown, retired professional baseball player
- Roosevelt Mercer Jr., military person
- Roosevelt Jamison, music manager, publicist and songwriter
- Roosevelt Grier in The Thing with Two Heads as Actor
- Roosevelt Jackson, from 1973 horror, sci-fi movie Blackenstein, who played the Malcomb.