Alida name meaning
On This Page
What does Alida mean?
Alida means Of a Noble Kind or The Element Alaida Which Means Little Winged Girl is used prevalently in Greek, Low German, Icelandic, Danish, Hungarian, Finnish, English, Italian, Swedish, Norwegian, Dutch and German.
It is rooted from Germanic, Latin and Old High German is given to girls.. Also Alida is Dutch and Hungarian equivalent of Adelheid. It is celebrated on April 26th or December 24th.
Does Alida work as a baby name?
Alida is a unique and charming name that has gained popularity as a baby girl name in recent years. This Latin-originated name implies nobility and a noble kin, making it an ideal option for parents who want to instill these values in their daughters.
It also connotes the image of a small winged one, which adds a touch of grace and elegance to the name. Alida is easy to pronounce, spell, and remember, making it a convenient choice for parents looking for an original yet straightforward name for their little one.
Overall, Alida stands out as an endearing and meaningful name that can represent the beauty and strength of femininity.
How do I pronounce Alida?
Three syllabled Alida is pronounced as a-li-da.
Variants of Alida
Adalheidis, Adaliz, Adelais, Adelina, Ada, Adela, Adeline, Leda, Ledah, Leta, Adele, Adelheid, Adéle, Udele, Adelaide, Adalhaid, Adalheid, Lettie, Aleida, Aidaliz, Adaleiz, Adalina, Adabella, Adda, Adalinda, Adah, Adiel, Agda, Adalaide, Adelise, Adalie, Adell, Adalene, Edeline, Adelene, Lida, Leata, Leyda, Adalayde, Alline, Aleit, Eline, Adelice, Adélaïde, Lettye, Aletta
How popular is the name Alida?
Alida is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1880 and was able to reach the top 500 names. In 1880, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 403 on girl names chart when 64 babies were given the name Alida.
Over 4463 people have been named Alida in United States. Also, in France, it has been in use since 1900 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 1903, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 188 on girl names chart when 96 babies were given the name Alida.
Over 2203 people have been named Alida in France.
But Alida is a popular baby name in Venezuela where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, South Africa, Burundi, Chad, Central African Republic, Rwanda, Guatemala and DR Congo.
As per our evaluation, over 150000 people has been named Alida globally.
Alida in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Alida
You are a seducer who doesn't care about true love but deep inside, you die to find someone who will teach you what true love looks like. You have high aspirations in life, and to achieve your goals. You are known for your lively spirit, eternal patience and lack of belief when it comes to love. Situations and people don't bother you much unless they concern you in some way. You deserve the best because you are simply the best.
Other names liked by soon-to-be-parents that are similar to Alida
- Nivia means Snow and The Word Nivis Which is of the Meaning Snow used for girls is originated from Latin. Nivia is derivative of Neva.
- Dante means The Word Durare Meaning to Endure to Withstand, Withstand or Enduring is used substantially in Swedish and Icelandic. Its origin is in Latin is bestowed upon both sexes
- Trisha - Darling Trisha especially is used in Marathi, Kannada and Hindi aimed at both sexes, meaning of Trisha is "Aristocratic the Three Goddesses Shakthi or Thirst" is originated from English and Latin
- Rémyse - Origin of Rémyse is in Latin, meaning of Rémyse is "One Who Heals"
- Kaie - Well-Liked Kaies origin is Latin bestowed upon both genders is used principally in Swedish, Finnish and Danish. Kaie is Estonian cognate of Kaia
Sibling Names for Alida
Choosing the perfect name for your little one can be a challenging task. If you have decided on the name "Alida," you might be wondering what sibling names will go well with it. To help you out, we've compiled a list of beautiful and unique names that complement "Alida" perfectly. Here are some of our top picks:
Sister to Alida
For a brother
Famous people named Alida
- Alida Rockefeller Messinger, American philanthropist and the youngest daughter of John Davison Rockefeller III
- Alida Bosshardt, Bosshardt became a member of the Salvation Army after visiting one of their meetings when she was 18
- Alida Brittain, British harpist
- Alida Withoos, Dutch botanical artist and painter
- Alida Valli, Italian actress
- Alida Chelli in They're a Weird Mob as Actress
- Alida P. Field in In the Bedroom as Actress
- Alida Morberg in Insane as Actress
- Alida Pantone in The Next Hit: Family Business as Actress
- Actor Alida Cappellini, noted for movie Io, mammeta e tu
Lists having Alida
- Girl names beginning with A
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Latin Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Dutch Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- Greek Girl Names
- Hungarian Girl Names
- Italian Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Ali
- Girl names that ends with -ida
- Baby Names that mean Noble
- Baby Names that mean Kind
- Baby Names that mean Little
- Baby Names that mean Winged
- Baby Names that mean Girl