Sylvie meaning and origin
Famed Sylvie is originated from Latin is used particulary in Danish, Norwegian, English, Tamil, Swedish, French and Finnish, Sylvie means "Forest Woman, Wood or Forest Man" is a baby girl name . Sylvie is variant of eternal and popular Silvia. Silvia is variant of dominant Silvana. Silvia is resultant of Sylvie. Silvia is effeminate form of Silvius. Silvia means Woodland, From the Forest and Maid has its origin in Latin. Sylvie is variation of eternal and darling Sylvia. Sylvia is version of famed Silvana. Also Sylvia is form of prominent and all time favorite Silvia. Sylvia is derivation of Sylvie. Sylvia is feminine variant of Silvius. Sylvia's meaning is Woman of the Wood and Wood is rooted from Latin. It is celebrated on November 5th.
Variants of Sylvie
View middle names that goes with Sylvie like Yyn, Aine,Names that rhyme with Sylvie
Popularity of Sylvie
an extremely popular name in France with over 364739 new-borns have been given the name since 1900. At its zenith in 1961, it ranked 1st when 27555 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 5 baby names 13 times Sylvie is a common name in United States given to over 3834 babies in 81 years. Currently at its peak, it ranked 896th when 298 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, Sylvie used to be a common name in England and Wales, first appeared in 1996 and over 1334 babies have been given the name in 23 years. When at the peak of its usage in 2015,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 23 years but it is still going strong.
In Belgium, Sylvie is a unique name where it has been in use since 1995 and has secured the place in top 300 names. In 1995, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 244 on girl names chart when 43 babies were named Sylvie. There are over 239 babies that have been given the name Sylvie in Belgium. Sylvie is an uncommon baby name in still in use in Ireland. However things change on global perspective, Sylvie is extremely popular in DR Congo where every 1 in 500 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Chad, Canada, Madagascar, Central African Republic, Cameroon, Congo, Rwanda, Benin, Burundi, Switzerland, Ivory Coast, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia and Togo. At least, 1170000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our estimate.
Sylvie in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Sylvie
Sometimes, you question your existence. You stand for inner strength, smartness, solitude, single, superior, sensitive, and everything that comes with an “s”. If you had to choose which animal you want to trade your human body with, you would choose a bird? You want to do everything as planned in life. You like your relationships build on trust and respect. Your heart already knows what you should focus on.
Looking for a name like Sylvie? Please go through the following names
- Biagio - Biagio's meaning is Lisping or Bègue is primarily used in Italian that originated from Latin is a baby boy name
- Fedele - Infrequent boy name Fedele is used dominantly in Italian, meaning of Fedele is "The Faithful" has origin in Latin
- Judika - Judika's meaning is Make has its origin in Latin
- Santina - Widely Accepted girl name Santina means "Holy" predominantly used in Swedish and Italian came from Latin
- Benno - Unheard-of Benno substantially is used in Danish and Swedish has origin in Latin, Hebrew and Old High German used for boys, meaning of Benno is "Hardy or Bear"
Namesakes of Sylvie
- Sylvie Daigle, Canadian speed skater
- Sylvie Bernier, Olympic athlete from Sainte-Foy, Quebec, Canada
- Sylvie Germain, French author
- Sylvie Moreau, Canadian actress
- Sylvie Mballa Éloundou, French-Cameroonian sprinter
- Sylvie Becaert, French biathlete
- Sylvie Valayre, French operatic soprano
- Sylvie Giry-Rousset, French cross country skier
- Sylvie Lainé, French science-fiction writer
- Sylvie Denis, French science fiction writer
- Sylvie Hülsemann, retired Luxembourgian water skier
- Sylvie De Caluwé, Belgian model and television presenter,
- Sylvie Vartan, Bulgarian-French singer and actress
- Sylvie Kinigi, was Prime Minister of Burundi from 10 July 1993 to 7 February 1994
- Sylvie Fréchette, Canadian former synchronised swimmer
- Sylvie Guillem, French ballet dancer
- Sylvie Roy, Canadian politician
- Sylvie Linnane, Irish retired hurler
- Sylvie Boucher, Canadian politician of the Conservative Party
- Sylvie Meis, Dutch television personality and model of Dutch East Indies origin
- Sylvie, Canadian indie rock music group from Regina
- Sylvie Lespérance, politician in Quebec, Canada
- Sylvie Fleury, contemporary Swiss pop artist
- Sylvie Testud, French actress, writer, and film director
- Sylvie Courvoisier, composer, pianist and improviser
- Sylvie Michel in Die feinen Unterschiede as Director
- Sylvie Joly in Préparez vos mouchoirs as Actress
- Sylvie Léonard in L'âge des ténèbres as Actress
- Sylvie Taylor in Pirate Fetish Machine: Secret Delights of Baroness Kinky as Actress
- Sylvie Van Hiel in Louise-Michel as Actress
- Sylvie Tempel in Sylvie Tempel - Das 1. Mal bei GGG as Actress
- Sylvie Courtois in Les rendez-vous de Sylvia as Actress
- Sylvie Loeillet in After Fall, Winter as Actress
- Sylvie Ayme in Mes copines as Director
- Sylvie Brocheré in Les choristes as Casting Director
- Actor Sylvie Adassa, notable for movie The Desert of Pigalle
- In 1970 drama film, La plaine du Vivivouioui, Sylvie Coste played N.
- In 1993 drama flick, Le sexe des étoiles, Sylvie Drapeau portrayed Michele.
- Sylvie Marie Gagnon, from 1991 comedy and family film Le fabuleux voyage de l'ange, who played N.
- In 1980 drama film, L'amour mensonge, Sylvie Kuhn portrayed Sylvie.
- Sylvie Lacombe, from 1982 flick Révolutions, d'ébats amoureux, éperdus, douloureux, who played N.
- In 2006 drama movie, Pourquoi le dire?, Sylvie Legault played Genevieve.
- Sylvie Orcier, from 1987 drama and romance film Der gläserne Himmel, who portrayed Bichette.
- In 2003, Sylvie Rocha portrayed the role of Encarnacion in drama and mystery flick O Fascínio.
- Sylvie Winter characterized key role of Luba in 1970 crime and sci-fi flick Ein großer graublauer Vogel.
- In 1998 action and adventure flick, Musketeers Forever, Sylvie Varakine characterized Irina.
- Sylvie Beurrier, from 1971 documentary and drama movie A l'intention de Mlle Issoufou a Bilma, who played N.
- In 1975, Sylvie Paquette characterized the role of N In movie Cap d'espoir.
Lists having Sylvie
- Girl names beginning with S
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Latin Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- French Girl Names
- Tamil Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Indian Girl Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in France (1985)
- Baby Names that mean Forest
- Baby Names that mean Wood
- Baby Names that mean Girl
- Baby Names that mean Woman
- Baby Names that mean Man