Silvia meaning and origin
Outstanding and Conifer Silvia came from Latin, meaning of Silvia is "Woman of the Woods, Forest Man or The Word Silva with the Meaning Wood Forest" and is commonly used in Swedish, Faroese, Finnish, English, Norwegian, Danish, German and Italian is used for both sexes. Silvia is version of well-liked Silvana. Silvana is effeminate variant of Silvan. Also Silvana is a feminine variant of Silvanus. Silvana is also effeminate variant of Silvano. Outstanding and Enduring Silvana came from Latin, meaning of Silvana is "The Word Silva with the Meaning Wood Forest and Wood". Silvia is derivation of Sylvie. Sylvie is variant form of imperishable and frequently used Silvia. Also Sylvie is a variant form of preeminent and venerable Sylvia. Preeminent and Venerable Sylvie's origin is Latin, meaning of Sylvie is "Forest and Forest Man". Silvia is a feminine version of Silvius. Celebrated and Evergreen Silvius came from Latin is majorly used in German and Finnish, meaning of Silvius is "Forest Woman and The Element Silva Meaning Wood Forest". It is celebrated on November 5th.
Variants of Silvia
View middle names that goes with Silvia like Tenley, Dianna, Kier, Joni, Unknown, Earnestine,Names that rhyme with Silvia
Popularity of Silvia
a popular name in Spain having over 9240 recievers in 12 years of usage. When at the peak of its usage in 2002, the moniker grabbed the 35th spot and 1123 baby girls were given the name. Moreover, the first name has been to the top 50 baby names 3 times Also, Silvia was among the popular names in Italy. Since emerging in 1999 around 19333 babies have been given the given name. When at its peak in 1999, it ranked 19th when 2515 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. After 11 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 50 baby names 11 times
Silvia is a common name in United States given to over 20079 babies in 139 years. At its zenith in 1974, it ranked 493rd when 374 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Moreover, the first name has been to Also, Silvia is a common name in France given to over 2125 babies in 105 years. At present the name is rising, in 1977, 119 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 305th position.
Silvia is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, even after 23 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 2000. Over 241 babies in England and Wales have been named Silvia. It also recently appeared in Ireland baby girl names chart. In Belgium, it is relatively new, first appeared in 1995. However things change on global perspective, Silvia is extremely popular in Mexico where every 1 in 300 have the name as well as in, Argentina, Brazil and Germany. Also the baby name is popular in Peru, Ecuador, Guatemala, Chile, Colombia, Indonesia, Cuba, Bolivia, Switzerland, Austria, El Salvador, Kenya, Venezuela, Romania, Uruguay, Paraguay, Uganda, Honduras, Costa Rica, Zambia, Angola, Nicaragua, Slovakia, Tanzania, Bangladesh, Egypt, Netherlands, Moldova, Dominican Republic, Mozambique, Panama and England. As per our research, over 2620000 babies have been bestowed Silvia around the globe.
Silvia in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Silvia?
If someone doubts your skills, let it be. You know who you are and that should be enough. Focus on inner peace, balance, harmony, helping those in need, kindness, and love. Although you hate drama, you are the one creating it. Appreciate yourself and your partner more. Otherwise, you'll end up alone. You prefer to deal with things that matter and leave out all the rest. You believe planning revenge is a waste of energy and time and you use those doing something productive or noble.
Other names similar to Silvia
- Lorin - Durable and Outstanding Lorin predominantly is used in Danish and Swedish is originated from Latin used for both sexes, meaning of Lorin is "Laurel or Crowned with Laurels"
- Gracilyn - Recent and Anomalous Gracilyn is used prevalently in English has origin in Latin, Gracilyn means "Love, Thank You and Graceful" is used as a baby girl name. Gracilyn is short version of Grace.
- Leoma - Venerable and Customary Leoma is used in English came from Latin used for baby girls, Leoma means "Clever, Lion or Like a Lion"
- Tanya - Well-Known Tanya has its origin in Latin given to both genders which is used prevalently in Hindi, Sindhi and Icelandic, Tanya means "Fairy Princess or Worthy of Praise"
- Amabel means Love or Gracious is originated from Germanic, Old French and Latin and a baby girl name is predominantly used in French, Danish and Finnish
Namesakes of Silvia
- Silvia Quintela, Argentine doctor
- Silvia Gemignani, athlete from Italy, who competes in triathlon
- Silvia Pepels, athlete from the Netherlands
- Silvia Marcovici, Romanian classical violinist
- Silvia Hernández Enríquez, Mexican politician affiliated with the Institutional Revolutionary Party
- Silvia Dionisio, Italian actress
- Silvia Federici, Italian-American scholar, teacher
- Silvia Baraldini, Italian activist
- Silvia Parera, former medley and breaststroke swimmer from Spain,
- Silvia de Esteban, Spanish model
- Silvia Ciornei, Romanian politician and Member of the European Parliament
- Silvia Adriana Țicău, Romanian politician and Member of the European Parliament
- Silvia Quandt, German artist
- Silvia Hollmann, retired West German hurdler
- Silvia Andrea Santos Luz, Brazilian women's basketball player
- Silvia Siefert, former East German handball player,
- Silvia K. Kosmo, Norwegian politician for the Labour Party
- Saint Silvia, mother of Saint Gregory the Great
- Silvia Cartwright, New Zealand jurist
- Silvia Farina Elia, former professional tennis player from Italy
- Silvia Colloca, Italian actress, blogger, cookbook author
- Silvia Pinal, Mexican film, theater and television actress
- Silvia Corzo, Colombian lawyer and presenter
- Silvia Gašparovičová, First Lady of Slovakia
- Silvia Neid, retired professional German football player and manager
- Silvia Costa, former high jumper from Cuba
- Silvia Chivás, former track and field athlete from Cuba
- Silvia Fontana, figure skater
- Silvia Ziche, Italian comic book artist and writer
- Silvia Derbez, Mexican film and television actress
- Silvia Manrique, member of the Women's National Team that won the gold medal at the 1992 Summer Olympics on home soil
- Silvia Dimitrova, icon painter
- Silvia Smith, Australian politician
- Silvia Monfort, French actress and theatre director
- Silvia Salgado, Mexican model and beauty pageant titleholder
- Silvia Navarro, Mexican actress of film, television, and theatre
- Silvia Muñoz, field hockey midfield and forward player
- Silvia Bonastre, field hockey midfield player from Spain,
- Silvia Poll, Olympic and National Record holding swimmer
- Silvia Sommaggio, retired Italian long-distance runner
- Silvia Richards, screenwriter
- Silvia Grandjean, Swiss pairs skater
- Silvia Rivera Cusicanqui, Bolivian feminist, sociologist, historian
- Silvia Weissteiner, Italian long-distance runner
- Silvia Cambir, Romanian Expressionist painter, portraitist
- Silvia Cavalleri, Italian professional golfer
- Silvia Rieger, retired German athlete
- Silvia Monti, Italian actress
- Silvia Šuvadová, Slovak actress
- Silvia Legrand in El bote, el río y la gente as Actress
- Silvia Carusillo in Así del precipicio as Actress
- Silvia Bella in Pick-Up Lines 49 as Actress
- Silvia Steinbrecht in The Machinist as Art Department
- Silvia Janisch in Fabian as Actress
- Silvia Eugenia Derbez in Mosca muerta as Actress
- Silvia Diamond in Cabaret Desire as Actress
- Silvia Marsó is a Spanish actress of cinema, theater and television.
- Silvia Abascal acted in movie La dama boba
- In 1983, Silvia Bandeira characterized the role of Cotinha in comedy flick Bar Esperança.
- Silvia Berova, from 1981 drama flick Rodila menya mat schastlivym, who played the N.
- Silvia Brito, from 1998 flick Lisboa Los Angeles - Sem Destino, who portrayed Sílvia.
- Silvia Cohen portrayed significant role of Vanda Crespi Cigogna in 1997 comedy film Consigli per gli acquisti.
- In 1990 drama movie, O Quinto Macaco, Silvia De Carvalho played Maria.
- In 2004, Silvia De Santis characterized the role of Renee Diaz in action, sci-fi movie Retrograde.
- In 1954 drama film, Floradas na Serra, Silvia Fernanda played Olivinha.
- In 2006, Silvia Fink played the role of Silvia in drama movie Débrouillez-Vous.
- In 1972, Silvia Lukan characterized the role of Marianne Körner in drama flick Was geschah auf Schloß Wildberg.
- In 1917, Silvia Mariátegui portrayed the role of N in thriller flick Mefisto.
- Silvia Morgan, from 1959 comedy film Azafatas con permiso, who played Celia.
- Silvia Peyrou characterized central character of N in 1994 thriller movie Despertar de pasiones.
- In 1997 drama flick, Romani kris - Cigánytörvény, Silvia Pincu played Ilka.
- Silvia Piñeiro characterized the central role of N in 1970 comedy movie Sonrisas de Chile.
- Silvia Popovici, from 1964 drama film O dragoste lunga de-o seara, who characterized Maria Precup.
- Silvia Riegler played crucial role of N in 1999 movie Der Redenschreiber.
- In 1967 action and crime flick, Agente Sigma 3 - Missione Goldwather, Silvia Solar played Catherine.
- In 1987 drama flick, La senyora, Silvia Tortosa portrayed Teresa.
- In 2008 comedy, drama film, Mikado, Silvia Zeitlinger Vas portrayed Frieda Weile.
- Silvia Faver characterized central role of Narrator in 1985 documentary film Love duro e violento.
- In 1980, Silvia Arazi portrayed the role of N in action and adventure movie Comandos azules.
- In 1981, Silvia Folgar characterized the role of N in drama film Momentos.
- Silvia Mathis, from 2003 comedy and drama film Screen Door Jesus, who portrayed the Joycie Conroy.
- In 1977, Silvia Balán characterized the role of N in comedy film La obertura.
- Silvia Guevara played leading character of N in 1980 movie La improbable Susanita.
- Silvia Bolster, from 1973 family flick Luces de mis zapatos, who portrayed the N.
- In 2002, Silvia Rey characterized the role of Eva in comedy and crime film Carlos contra el mundo.
- In 1920, Silvia Malinverni played the role of N in film Il volo degli aironi.
Lists having Silvia
- Boys names beginning with S
- Girls names beginning with S
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Girl names that ends with -via
- Popular Girl Names in Italy (2009)
- Baby Names that mean Forest
- Baby Names that mean Maid
- Baby Names that mean Woman
- Baby Names that mean Woods
- Baby Names that mean Man
- Baby Names that mean Wood