Thilde meaning and origin
The girl name Thilde is used prevalently in German, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian and Danish. It is rooted from Old High German and Germanic, Thilde means "Might, Strength and Shield, Fight, Famous Fighter, Power or Struggle". Thilde is form of unfading and renowned Matilda. Matilda means Battle Maiden, Battle-mighty and 'Struggle' is of Old High German and Germanic origin. Thilde is form of timeless Thilda. Thilda is form of Names Ending In -Thilda, -Thilde, -Thild, Especially Mathilda. Also Thilda is form of Göthilda. Thilda is also form of Their Variants. Meaning of Thilda is Strength and Shield came from German. It is celebrated on March 14th.
Variants of ThildeNames that rhyme with Thilde
Popularity of Thilde
Thilde is a familiar baby name in Denmark and Germany. According to our findings, at least 700 people have been bestowed Thilde around the globe.
Numerological aspects of Thilde
You are sensitive, humane and compassionate by nature. Relationships make you feel trapped. Being a boss suits you because of your high self-esteem, determination, and knowledge. You need to open up to new adventures and experiences. You are seen as a dominant force at your workplace, while your friends see you as their shoulder to cry. You are born to boss around or teach people how to be independent and fair, something like a motivational speaker or a lawyer.
Looking for names similar to Thilde? Please go through the following names
- Meino - Meaning of Meino is Power or One who Stands Firm is used largely in Finnish and Danish used for boys is originated from Germanic
- Anine - Girl name Anine means "He (God) Was Gracious" and of Hebrew origin is predominantly used in Danish and Norwegian
- Lisann means Grace or Mercy aimed at girls is especially used in Swedish and Finnish
- Zygmunt - Boy name Zygmunt is rooted from Germanic is used in Polish and Norwegian languages. Zygmunt is Polish cognate of Sigimunt
- Eugen means Noble or Well-Born used for baby boys is originated from Old Greek is chiefly used in Slavic, Romanian and Norwegian
Namesakes of Thilde
- Thilde Förster in movie Gitta entdeckt ihr Herz as Writer
- In 1919 drama flick, Sodoms Töchter, Thilde Thönessen played N.
Lists having Thilde
- Girl names beginning with T
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Baby Names that mean Might
- Baby Names that mean Strength
- Baby Names that mean Fight
- Baby Names that mean Shield
- Baby Names that mean Famous
- Baby Names that mean Fighter
- Baby Names that mean Power
- Baby Names that mean Struggle