Wilkie name meaning
On This Page
What does Wilkie mean?
Well-Known unisex name Wilkie is rooted from Germanic and English is used notably in English. Wilkie is resulted from William. William is derivation of Guillaume. Also William is English equivalent of Wilhelm.
Well-Known William is originated from Germanic and Old High German, William means "Resolute Protector and Will and Helmet".
Wilkie's impression as a baby name
Wilkie is a unique and uncommon baby boy name that has its roots in German culture. What makes this name stand out is its distinct sound and spelling; it's not a run-of-the-mill or overused name.
With a meaning of "will helmet," Wilkie exudes strength, protection, and determination. As parents seek originality when choosing names for their children, Wilkie is an excellent choice as it sets their child apart from the crowd while still being easy to pronounce and spell.
Additionally, the name has a distinctive tone that rolls off the tongue effortlessly, making it pleasing to hear and memorable in people's minds.
How do I pronounce Wilkie?
The two syllabled name Wilkie is commonly pronounced as wi(l)-kie.
Variants of WilkieNames that rhyme with Wilkie
How popular is the name Wilkie?
Wilkie is a familiar baby name in United States, it had been in use since 1914 and was last seen in 1978, during its 40 years of usage, it was able to reach the top 800 names.
In 1940, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 792 on boy names chart when 61 babies were named Wilkie. There are over 362 babies that have been given the name Wilkie in United States.
Wilkie is a rare baby name in England and Wales, chances of it being still in use are very slim since it isn't seen since 2005. Also, Wilkie is a familiar name in Philippines and Brazil.
At least, 800 people globally have carried Wilkie as their given name according to our findings.
Here's what numbers has to say about Wilkie
Injustice makes you go crazy. You always care more about other people's well-being and never find time to check how you are doing. However, you live by other people's rules and social restrictions which is not good for you. You want to be the boss in every situation. But you never change your style as trends change because you are faithful to your individuality. You are a natural leader who's respected by people.
Do you like Wilkie? You would love these names
- Byren - Offbeat Byrens origin is Old English is a baby boy name, meaning of Byren is "Place Name or Barn for Cows" is used substantially in English
- Aubriella - Meaning of Aubriella is God is My Hero or Hero of God has origin in Hebrew and is notably used in English is used as a baby girl name
- Theron - The prevailing and ever lasting unisex name Theron means "A Hunter" is originated from Old Greek is used predominantly in English
- Dominque - Meaning of Dominque is Belonging to the Lord is a unisex name, principally used in English has origin in Latin
- Rawleigh - Used predominantly in English uncustomary, Rawleigh aimed at baby boys, Rawleigh means "From the Roe Deer Meadow" has its origin in Old English
Middle names for Wilkie
Below are trending and familiar middle names we think go particularly well with Wilkie:
View more middle names that goes with Wilkie.
Famous people named Wilkie
- Wilkie Clark, African-American entrepreneur and civil rights activist
- Wilkie Cooper, British cinematographer
- Wilkie Collins, English novelist, playwright
Lists having Wilkie
- Boys names beginning with W
- Girls names beginning with W
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Boy names that starts with Wil
- Baby Names that mean Resolute
- Baby Names that mean Protector
- Baby Names that mean helmet
- Baby Names that mean Desire
- Baby Names that mean Valley
- Baby Names that mean Protect
- Baby Names that mean Protection