Simon name meaning
What does Simon mean?
Long standing and Acclaimed Simon prevalently is used in Hindi, Old Norse, German, English, Greenlandic, Finnish, Swedish, Danish, Spanish, Norwegian and French is rooted from Hebrew and Greek, meaning of Simon is "Listening Intently, He who has Heard, The Word of God, He (God) has Heard, Which is Exalted, Flat-Nosed or He who Hears " is bestowed upon both boys and girls. Simon is form of The Hebrew Name שִׁמְעוֹן = He has Heard, Hearkening in Greek and Nordic languages. Also Simon is form of Sigmundr in Latin language. It is celebrated on October 28th.
Is Simon a suitable baby name?
Simon is a timeless baby boy name that has remained popular throughout the years. It exudes strength and charm, making it a perfect choice for parents who are looking for a classic name that will withstand the test of time. Its Hebrew origin meaning "To hear" gives it an added touch of uniqueness, as well as a wonderful meaning that could inspire your little one to be attentive and empathetic to those around them. Simon is also a versatile name that can be shortened to "Si," giving it a playful and modern twist. Whether you're drawn to its rich history or simply love its sound, Simon is a wonderful choice for any baby boy.
How do I pronounce Simon?
SY-mon is the most common way to pronounce one syllabled Simon. The pronunciation choose to emphasis on first SY syllable. Some people pronounce it as see-MON, sy-mon or sy-min.
Variants of Simon
Shimon, Haimona, Jimeno, Siemen, Sigmundr, Sigmund, Semund
Nicknames for Simon
Popular nickname for the child named Simon include:Names that rhyme with Simon
How popular is the name Simon?
a popular name in United States having over 60247 recievers in 162 years of usage. When at its peak in 1886, it ranked 139th when 1640 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 500 baby names a staggering 127 times Also, Simon was among the popular names in England and Wales. Since emerging in 1996 around 5040 babies have been given the name. When at the peak of its usage in 1996, the moniker grabbed the 87th spot and 656 baby boys were given the name. However after 23 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 100 baby names 1 times Also, Simon was a popular name in France. Over 87442 babies have been given the first name in 124 years. When at the peak of its usage in 1993, the moniker grabbed the 32nd spot and 2382 baby boys were given the name. However after 124 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still going strong on charts. Moreover, the name has been to the top 50 baby names 29 times Also, Simon was a popular name in Switzerland. Over 6096 babies have been given the name in 21 years. At its zenith in 1998, the moniker grabbed the 3rd spot and 511 baby boys were given the name. However after 21 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 5 baby names 9 times Also, Simon was a popular name in Denmark. Over 16306 babies have been given the given name in 29 years. When at the peak of its usage in 1995, the moniker grabbed the 11st spot and 854 baby boys were given the name. After 29 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 50 baby names 29 times Also, Simon is a popular in Sweden where over 8694 new-borns have been given the name since 1998. When at its peak in 1999, 1160 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 3rd position. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 5 baby names 3 times Also, Simon was among the popular names in Belgium. Since emerging in 1995 around 9083 babies have been given the name. When at its peak in 1997, 597 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 6th position. However after 24 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 10 baby names 9 times
In Ireland, Simon was once a common name since emerging in 1964 it has been given to over 4648 babies. At the peak of its usage in 1987,. However after 56 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Also, Simon used to be a common name in Netherlands, first appeared in 2015 and over 812 babies have been given the name in 5 years. When at the peak of its usage in 2017,. However after 5 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong. Also, Simon used to be a common name in New South Wales, first appeared in 1955 and over 10858 babies have been given the name in 42 years. When at the peak of its usage in 1970,. After 42 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Also, In Queensland, Simon was once a common name since emerging in 1961 it has been given to over 3273 babies. When at its peak in 1974,. After 30 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
However things change on global perspective, Simon is extremely popular in England where every 1 in 200 have the name as well as in, DR Congo, Uganda, Nigeria, Kenya, Tanzania and South Africa. Also the baby name is popular in South Sudan, Cameroon, Mexico, Sudan, Australia, Indonesia, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Eritrea, Canada, Venezuela, Germany, Papua New Guinea, Ghana, India, Peru, Ethiopia, Madagascar, Bolivia, Namibia, Czech Republic, Malaysia, New Zealand, Ecuador, Burundi, Argentina, Rwanda, Egypt, Colombia, Wales, Benin, Mozambique, Central African Republic, Malawi, Spain, Chad, Scotland, Philippines, Slovenia, Haiti, Bangladesh, Chile, Dominican Republic, Lebanon, Burkina Faso, Austria, China, Togo, Israel and Poland. According to our findings, at least 2650000 people have been bestowed Simon around the globe.
Simon in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Simon?
You are the original fellow everyone admires. You are attentive to details and small things can annoy you because you know that they matter the most. If you do things that require passion and courage, your heart grows. The law of attraction is something you admire and use when it comes to achieving your goals. Live a life to remember. Otherwise, you will definitely regret the opportunities you missed when you get older.
If you like Simon, you would love these names
- Gereon - Boy name Gereon is substantially used in German, Finnish and Danish that came from Old Greek, meaning of Gereon is "Greis or Old Man"
- Marlen - Popular unisex name Marlen came from German, Germanic and Greek which is primarily used in English, Swedish and Norwegian languages, meaning of Marlen is "One of the Sea, Lena or Sun"
- Angelien - Angelien's meaning is Messenger from God, Messenger of God and Messenger of God Angel used for girls and is used mainly in Dutch has its origin in Old Greek. Angelien is shortened form of Angela.
- Herodion especially is used in Greek, meaning of Herodion is "The Elements Heros Meaning Hero Fighter and Song of the Hero" that of Old Greek origin is given to baby boys. Herodion is shortened form of Herod.
- Stevenson - Meaning of Stevenson is Crowning is of Greek and Old Greek origin and a boy name is commonly used in English
Middle names for Simon
These familiar and endearing middle names fit well with Simon.
View more middle names that goes with Simon.
Famous people named Simon
- Simon bar Kokhba, leader of what is known as the Bar Kokhba revolt against the Roman Empire
- Simon Ockley, British Orientalist
- Simon Stevin, Dutch-Flemish mathematician
- Simon Brett, British writer of detective fiction and radio producer
- Simon Weston, veteran of the British Army
- Simon Hawke, American author of mainly science fiction and fantasy novels
- Simon of Trent, boy
- Simon Fraser, 11th Lord Lovat, Scottish Jacobite and Chief of Clan Fraser of Lovat
- Simon C. Dik, Dutch linguist
- Simon Greenleaf, American lawyer and jurist
- Simon Thassi,
- Simon the Zealot, was one of the most obscure among the apostles of Jesus
- Simon Sechter, Austrian music theorist, teacher, organist
- Simon Proctor, British composer, pianist, and flautist
- Simon Hoggart, English journalist and broadcaster
- Simon de Montfort, 5th Earl of Leicester, French nobleman and soldier
- Simon Harcourt, 1st Viscount Harcourt, of Stanton Harcourt, Oxfordshire
- Simon Barere, renowned Russian pianist
- Simon Plouffe, mathematician
- Simon Janashia, Georgian historian and public figure
- Simon Fraser Tolmie, veterinarian, farmer, politician
- Simon De Jong, Dutch-born Canadian parliamentarian
- Simon Yates, English mountaineer
- Simon Frith, British sociomusicologist, and former rock critic
- Simon Boerum, farmer, miller, and political leader from Brooklyn
- Simon Larose, former professional tennis player
- Simon I, Duke of Lorraine, duke of Lorraine from 1115 to his death
- Simon II, Duke of Lorraine, Duke of Lorraine from 1176 to 1205
- Simon Mayr, German composer
- Simon Grundel-Helmfelt, Swedish field marshal and governor
- Simon Jenko, Slovene poet, lyricist and writer
- Simon Goodrich, engineer to the British Navy Board
- Simon Fairweather, archer born in Adelaide, South Australia
- Simon de Burley, Knight of the Garter
- Simon Grahame,
- Simon Bates, English disc jockey and radio presenter
- Simon Girty, American colonial of Irish descent
- Simon Heffer, English historian, journalist
- Simon L. Leis Jr., Simon L. Leis Jr
- Simon Sudbury, was Bishop of London from 1361 to 1375
- Simon Marius, He was born in Gunzenhausen, near Nuremberg
- Simon Blackburn, English academic philosopher
- Simon Newcomb, Canadian–American astronomer
- Simon Singh, British popular science author
- Simon Islip, English prelate
- Simon van der Meer, Dutch particle accelerator physicist
- Simon Donaldson, English mathematician
- Simon Baron-Cohen, English clinical psychologist
- Simon Episcopius, Dutch theologian and Remonstrant
- Simon Ramo, American engineer, businessman, and author
- Simon & Garfunkel, were an American folk rock duo consisting of singer-songwriter Paul Simon and singer Art Garfunkel
- Simon Flexner, physician, scientist, administrator
- Simon de Montfort, 6th Earl of Leicester, nobleman of French origin and a member of the English peerage
- Simon Rattle, English conductor
- Simon Rex, American entertainer
- Simon Pegg, English actor, comedian, screenwriter
- Simon Langham, English clergyman
- Simon Callow, English actor, musician, writer
- Simon Armitage, English poet, playwright and novelist
- Simon Crean, former Australian politician and trade unionist
- Simon Donald, co-founder and was co-editor of the British comic magazine 'Viz' until 2003
Lists having Simon
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with S
- Girls names beginning with S
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Norse Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Boy names that ends with -mon
- Popular Boy Names in England & Wales (1996)
- Popular Boy Names in Ireland (1998)
- Popular Boy Names in France (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Netherlands (2017)
- Popular Boy Names in Denmark (2007)
- Popular Boy Names in Belgium (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (1997)
- Popular Boy Names in Queensland (1991)
- Popular Boy Names in Sweden (2017)
- Baby Names that mean Heard
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Exalted
- Baby Names that mean Flat
- Baby Names that mean Hears