Achille name meaning
On This Page
What does Achille mean?
Admired Achille's origin is Old Greek, meaning of Achille is "Pain or The One Who has Beautiful Lips", dominantly used in Finnish, Danish, Italian, French and Swedish is used as a boy name .
Achille is variant form of famed Achilles. Originated from English, Old Greek and German, Prominent Achilles, Achilles means "Lipless, Pain and Pain, Distress".. Achille is celebrated on May 12th.
How does Achille sound as a baby name?
Achille is a popular baby boy name that has been derived from the ancient Greek language. The name is widely known for its association with the Trojan War hero, Achilles, who was recognized for his bravery and strength in battle.
Parents who choose this name often do so because of its strong and heroic connotations. The name Achille has an elegant and classic feel to it, making it a timeless option for parents who are looking for a unique yet traditional name.
Overall, Achille is a powerful and memorable name choice that will undoubtedly make any baby boy stand out from the crowd.
How do I pronounce Achille?
Two syllabled Achille is pronounced as ash-EEL. Some people pronounce it as a-chille or ach(il)-le.
Variants of AchilleNames that rhyme with Achille
How popular is the name Achille?
Achille is a common name in France given to over 14546 babies in 150 years. Currently the name is hotter than ever, it ranked 89th when 469 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys.
Also, A common name in Belgium with over 1279 new-borns have been given the name since 1995. Currently at its peak, it ranked 91st when 115 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys.
Achille is an uncommon baby name in United States, although it has been in use since 1911 but could not make beyond the top 2000. There are over 359 babies that have been given the name Achille in United States.
It also recently appeared in England and Wales baby boy names chart. Also, it is among the top 500 boy names in Switzerland. Over 199 people have been named Achille in Switzerland.
But Achille is a popular baby name in Cameroon where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, Italy, Central African Republic, DR Congo, Chad and Madagascar.
At least, 80000 people globally have carried Achille as their given name according to our evaluation.
Achille in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Achille?
You have a quick mind. You always act like everything's just great. Details matter to you, especially when it comes to choosing your love partner. You have the heart of a warrior. Believe it or not, people's stupidity and superficial attitude towards life can inspire you like nothing else can. Even though you are a sensitive person, you hate being around people who don't have a problem with expressing their emotions.
Other names liked by name hunters that are similar to Achille
- Ambrosine is originated from Old Greek bestowed upon baby girls, Ambrosine means "Immortal" is used principally in French and English
- Cathryn - Used dominantly in Finnish and Swedish long standing and well-liked, Cathryn has origin in Old Greek, Cathryn means "Dear, Beloved and The Pure" is aimed at girls. Cathryn is derivation of Karine.
- Pamla - Unconventional girl name Pamla means "All Honey and Honeyed Sweetness" has its origin in Old Greek language. Pamla is derived from Pamela.
- Katharine - Predominant and Ceaseless Old Greek Katharine means "The Pure, Pure or Form of Katherine" and a gender-neutral name is commonly used in Norwegian, English and Swedish
- Elena - Of Old Provençal and Old Greek origin, Famed and Perpetual Elena bestowed upon both genders, used prevalently in Czech, Russian and Marathi, Elena means "Feminine of Alexander or Defender of Mankind"
Sibling Names for Achille
Achille is an interesting name, derived from Greek mythology, meaning "he who embodies the grief of all people". If you are looking for equally enchanting sibling names for Achille, then we have some beautiful suggestions for you.
Sister for Achille
Names for Achille's brother
Famous people named Achille
- Achille Urbain, French biologist born in Le Havre
- Achille Zavatta, French clown, artist and circus operator
- Achille Baraguey d'Hilliers, Marshal of France and politician
- Achille Togliani, Italian singer and actor
- Achille Guenée, French lawyer and entomologist
- Achille Ernest Oscar Joseph Delesse, French geologist and mineralogist
- Achille Marozzo, Italian fencing master teaching
- Achille Harlay de Sancy, Achille de Harlay de Sancy, Cong
- Achille Campanile, Italian writer, playwright
- Achille Tramarin, Italian Venetist politician
- Achille Liénart, French Cardinal of the Roman Catholic Church
- Achille Richard, French botanist and physician
- Achille Duchêne, French garden designer
- Achille Leonardi, Italian artist
- Achille Costa, Italian entomologist appointed director of the Zoological Museum of Naples
- Achille Bocchi, Italian humanist writer, emblematist
- Achille Rémy Percheron, French entomologist
- Achille Peretti, French politician
- Achille Mauzan, was born on the French Riviera
- Achille Maffre de Baugé, Occitan poet
- Achille Deyrolle, French entomologist mainly interested
- Achille Locatelli, Roman Catholic cardinal
- Achille Fould, French bobsledder who competed in the late 1940s
- Achille Torelli, Italian playwright
- Achille Valenciennes, French zoologist
- Achille Starace, prominent leader of Fascist Italy before and during World War II
- Achille Silvestrini, Italian prelate of the Roman Catholic Church
- Achille Mbembe, Cameroonian philosopher, political theorist,
- Achille Occhetto, Italian political figure
- Achille Bonito Oliva, Italian art critic and historian of contemporary art
- Achille Varzi, Italian Grand Prix driver
- Achille Devéria, French painter and lithographer
- Achille Fould, French financier and politician
- Achille Compagnoni, Italian mountaineer and skier
- Achille Van Acker, Belgian politician
- Achille Emaná, Cameroonian professional footballer
- Achille Loria, Italian political economist
- Achille Castiglioni, Italian designer of furniture, lighting
- Achille Paroche, French sport shooter
- Achille Empéraire, French painter
- Achille Bergevin, Canadian politician in the province of Quebec
- Achille Belletti acted in movie Porca societ�
- Achille Vitti, from 1916 drama flick Giovanni Episcopo, who characterized the Giovanni Episcopo.
Lists having Achille
- Boy names beginning with A
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Greek Boy Names
- Danish Boy Names
- Finnish Boy Names
- French Boy Names
- Italian Boy Names
- Swedish Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in France (1920)
- Popular Boy Names in Belgium (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Pain
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Beautiful