Cathryn name meaning
What does Cathryn mean?
The prevalent and perennial girl name Cathryn has origin in Old Greek is used prevalently in Finnish, Danish, English, Swedish and Norwegian. Cathryn is resulted from Karine. Karine is variant form of prominent Carina. Also Karine is a variation of well-known Karin. Karine is also a variation of well-known Karina. Karine is German and English cognate of Carine. Also Karine is English equivalent of Cara. Karine is also German and English cognate of Carine. Karine is also German cognate of Carina. Karine is also form of Karen in French and Russian languages. Karine is also English cognate of Karina. Originated from Old Greek and Latin, Prevalent and Perennial Karine, Karine means "The Pure and Beloved".
How do I pronounce Cathryn?
c(a)-thr-yn is the most common way to pronounce three syllabled Cathryn. There are multiple ways to say the baby name, i.e., cath-ryn.
Variants of Cathryn
View middle names that goes with Cathryn like Maeve, Evah,Names that rhyme with Cathryn
How popular is the name Cathryn?
Cathryn used to be a common name in United States, first appeared in 1882 and over 16184 babies have been given the name in 136 years. At its zenith in 1950,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 136 years. In addition to that, the given name has been in Cathryn is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, even after 20 years of use, it could not make it big. Over 167 people have been named Cathryn in England and Wales. It had a short run of 6 years on Ireland girl names chart.
But Cathryn is a popular baby name in England where every 1 in 20000 have the name. At least, 20000 people globally have carried Cathryn as their given name according to our findings.
Cathryn in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Cathryn
People take you as a self-absorbed person but you don't care how they take you. Your motto is: be the change you want to see in the world and make a difference while you are alive. Taking into consideration your communication skills and charisma, you won't have a problem to attract attention and spread awareness. Harmony and balance matter to you. Stick with your goals and don't give up until you become proud of yourself.
Other names similar to Cathryn, for would be moms
- Kalixtus - The boy name Kalixtus is notably used in German, Finnish and Swedish and is rooted from Old Greek, Kalixtus means "Most Beautiful"
- Kalliope - Anomalous Kalliope came from Old Greek is used specifically in English and German, meaning of Kalliope is "Beautiful Voice" is bestowed upon girls
- Nicholas - Used especially in Danish and Norwegian unfading and cherished, Nicholas means "Victory or People, Victorious Person or Victory of the People" and a unisex name is originated from Old Greek
- Markita - Origin of Frequently Used Markita is in Czech, English and Old French is used for girls. Markita is Czech and English form of Margaret. Also Markita is form of Marquita in English language
- Mio - Specifically used in Norwegian, Finnish and Swedish unheard-of, Mio came from Japanese and Scandinavian, meaning of Mio is "Mio or Min Mio" is used as a unisex name
Sibling Names for Cathryn
If you're considering naming your little one Cathryn, you might be looking for some inspiration on sibling names that complement it perfectly. Whether you prefer classic or modern options, here are some sibling names that would make a great match with Cathryn.
Names for Cathryn's sister
For a brother
Famous people named Cathryn
- Cathryn Mataga, Under the name William
- Cathryn Hankla, American poet and novelist
- Cathryn Damon, American actress
- Cathryn Harrison, English actress
- Cathryn Michon, Los Angeles-based filmmaker, actress, writer
- Cathryn Fitzpatrick, former Australian cricketer
- Cathryn Humphris in Dream a Little Dream of Me as Writer
- Cathryn Mudon in What to Expect: When You Tell Someone You're Engaged as Actress
- Cathryn Lee in Wo De Gou Dou Dou as Actress
- Cathryn Dylan in First Kiss as Actress
- Cathryn Bradshaw in Venus as Actress
- Cathryn Hartt in Futureworld as Actress
- Cathryn de Prume in Wild as Actress
- Cathryn Balk in TV series The Minikins as Actress
- In 1985 comedy flick, Red Desert Penitentiary, Cathryn Bissell portrayed N.
Lists having Cathryn
- Girl names beginning with C
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Greek Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Cat
- Girl names that ends with -ryn
- Baby Names that mean Pure
- Baby Names that mean Beloved
- Baby Names that mean Dear
- Baby Names that mean Pretty