Kate name meaning
What does Kate mean?
Durable and Dominant Kate chiefly is used in Greenlandic, Faroese, Finnish, Danish, Swedish, English, Old SwedishDanish, Gujarati and Norwegian aimed at both genders, meaning of Kate is "Pure or Beauty" is originated from Old Greek. Kate is derivation of Catherine. Catherine is variant form of outstanding Karine. Catherine is form of Katharina in English language. Also Catherine is form of Katharina in French and English languages. Acclaimed and Ever lasting Catherine came from Old Greek language, meaning of Catherine is "Pure, Torture and The Pure". Kate is form of Katherine in English language. Also Kate is Swedish form of Káti. Kate is celebrated on 25th of November or the 29th of April.
Does Kate sound like a good baby name?
Kate is a widely popular baby girl name that exudes charm and elegance. It has a timeless appeal that transcends generations, making it a classic choice for parents looking for a simple yet sophisticated name for their little one. Its Greek origin adds to its mystique, with its meaning being "pure." The name Kate is also versatile in terms of its spelling and can be shortened to Katie or Kat, giving parents the option to customize the name according to their preference. Furthermore, it's easy to pronounce and spell, making it ideal for both English-speaking and non-native speakers alike. These qualities make Kate an excellent choice for parents who want a traditionally feminine and beautiful name with universal appeal.
How do I pronounce Kate?
Two syllabled Kate is pronounced as k(ayt). Some people pronounce it as kay-t.
Variants of Kate
Aikaterine, Cateline, Katharina, Cait, Katie, Caitie, Kaitlin, Caitlin, Karine, Kalisa, Katherine, Káti, KatherieneNames that rhyme with Kate
How popular is the name Kate?
Kate was a popular name in United States. Over 81051 babies have been given the first name in 152 years. When at the peak of its usage in 1880, it ranked 79th when 2550 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However after 152 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still dominating the charts. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 100 baby names 7 times Also, Kate was a popular name in England and Wales. Over 10011 babies have been given the first name in 23 years. When at the peak of its usage in 1996, the moniker grabbed the 59th spot and 1055 baby girls were given the name. However after 23 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. Additionally, the given name has been in the top 100 baby names 9 times
Kate used to be a common name in Ireland, first appeared in 1976 and over 9319 babies have been given the name in 43 years. At its zenith in 2007,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 43 years but it is still going strong. Also, Kate is a common name in Netherlands given to over 702 babies in 5 years. Presently the moniker is on a rise, in 2018, it ranked 96th when 151 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, In New South Wales, Kate was once a common name since emerging in 1974 it has been given to over 8712 babies. When at its peak in 1986,. After 34 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Also, In Queensland, Kate was once a common name since emerging in 1979 it has been given to over 3490 babies. When at its peak in 1981,. After 22 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 50 baby names 22 times Also, In Western Australia, Kate was once a common name since emerging in 1986 it has been given to over 241 babies. When at the peak of its usage in 1986,. After 2 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 10 baby names 2 times
Kate is a familiar baby name in France, it has been in use since 1946 and was able to reach the top 1000 names. In 2012, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 923 on girl names chart when 54 babies were named Kate. There are over 759 babies that have been given the name Kate in France. Kate is a unique baby name in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 400 names. In 2012, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 388 on girl names chart when 26 babies were named Kate. Over 320 people have been named Kate in Belgium.
Kate is an uncommon baby name in Switzerland still in use today. Kate is a rare baby name in Western Australia, chances of it being still in use are very slim. There are over 241 babies that have been given the name Kate in Western Australia. But Kate is a popular baby name in Nigeria where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, England, Australia, Ghana, Canada, New Zealand, Poland, South Africa, Russia, Philippines and Uganda. At least, 550000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our evaluation.
Kate in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Kate
You never get tired from trying to be better than you were yesterday. You prefer your solitude over socializing but keep in touch with people so you teach them what you know. You have a restless spirit and booming energy. You are willing to give up everything you have to achieve everything you ever wanted. You don't like to brag about your knowledge and wisdom because you know that with time, everyone will realize your value.
Parents who liked Kate, loved these names
- Sandra - Admired Sandra came from Old Greek, meaning of Sandra is "Virile, Man's Defender or Protect or Man", used mainly in Icelandic, French and Italian is given to both boys and girls
- Ione means Amethyst, Flower Name or Beach Strand is originated from Old Norse and Old Greek, used in English is commonly given to baby girls
- Andrés means The Manly, The Brave or The Brave came from Old Greek bestowed upon baby boys is used in Old Norse and Swedish
- Hippolyta - The girl name Hippolyta is of Old Greek origin, Hippolyta means "Hippos, Freer of Horses or Hippos Which Means Horse" is largely used in Greek and English languages
- Irisa means Rainbow or Iris is used in English has its roots in English and Old Greek is given to girls
Middle names for Kate
Below are well-liked and appealing middle names we think go particularly well with Kate:
View more middle names that goes with Kate.
Celebrity Baby News
- Kate Chastain is Overjoyed to Welcome Her First Baby!
People magazine was the first to break the news of Chastain's pregnancy. In an exclusive interview with the publication, she expressed her delight at this new chapter in her life
- Kate Ferdinand Announces Second Pregnancy After Heartbreaking Miscarriage
Manchester United legend Rio Ferdinand and his wife, former reality TV star Kate, have announced they are expecting their second child together six months after suffering a heartbreaking miscarriage.
Famous people named Kate
- Kate Carew, American women caricaturist self-styled as "The Only Woman Caricaturist"
- Kate ter Horst, Dutch full-time housewife and mother
- Kate Orman, Australian author
- Kate Taylor, American singer-songwriter, originally from Boston
- Kate Valk, founding member of The Wooster Group
- Kate Walsh, Irish Progressive Democrats politician and community activist
- Kate L. Turabian, American educator
- Kate Howey, British judoka and was
- Kate Duignan, New Zealand novelist
- Kate Barnard, first woman to be elected as a state official in Oklahoma
- Kate Richards O'Hare, American Socialist Party activist, editor
- Kate Macy Ladd, American philanthropist
- Kate Gulbrandsen, Norwegian singer
- Kate Paye, http://members
- Kate Harwood, British television producer
- Kate Braverman, American novelist, short story writer, and poet
- Kate Austin, American journalist and advocate of feminist and anarchist causes
- Kate Starbird, former professional basketball player
- Kate Josephine Bateman, American actor
- Kate Hooper, Australian water polo player
- Kate Markowitz, American singer-songwriter known as a back-up vocalist
- Kate Burton, English aid worker
- Kate Barry, heroine of the American Revolutionary War
- Kate Anderson-Richardson, Australian athlete
- Kate Bronfenbrenner, Director of Labor Education Research at the Cornell University School of Industrial and Labor Relations
- Kate Charles, American crime writer
- Kate Larson, American historian and Harriet Tubman scholar
- Kate Reynolds, former Australian politician
- Kate Soper, British philosopher
- Kate Booth, English Salvationist and evangelist
- Kate Shelley, midwestern United States railroad heroine and the first woman
- Kate Bertram, British academic specialising in fish
- Kate Harrington, American television and movie actress
- Kate Copstick, Paisley-born Scottish actress, television presenter
- Kate Dwyer, Australian educator, suffragist
- Kate McGregor, English actress
- Kate Smith, former Northern Irish television presenter and journalist
- Kate Hawkesby, New Zealand radio announcer and television presenter
- Kate Ross, American mystery author
- Kate Santley, German-born actress, singer and comedian
- Kate Fenton, English novelist and former BBC radio producer
- Kate Lilley, contemporary Australian poet and academic
- Kate Carmichael, Canadian business leader and politician
- Kate Swann, prominent English retail executive
- Kate Taylor, British sex columnist
- Kate Royal, English lyric soprano
- Kate Chappell, American businesswoman, painter and manufacturer
- Kate Dickinson Sweetser, American author known
- Kate Kretz, American artist born in Grove City, PA
- Kate Cameron, English house and trance music singer with a rich alto voice
Lists having Kate
- Boys names beginning with K
- Girls names beginning with K
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Kat
- Popular Girl Names in United States (1886)
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2004)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Netherlands (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2008)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2012)
- Popular Girl Names in Western Australia (1989)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2008)
- Baby Names that mean Pure
- Baby Names that mean Beauty
- Baby Names that mean Torture
- Baby Names that mean Virginal
- Baby Names that mean Blessed