Aedan name meaning
On This Page
What does Aedan mean?
Aedan means Little Fire is substantially used in Irish, Gaelic and English is came from Celtic and Old Irish is aimed at both sexes. Aedan is a variation of well-known Aidan. Aidan is a variation of Aodh.
Aidan is English cognate of Aodán. Widely Accepted Aidan has its origin in Celtic and Old Irish, Aidan means "Little Fire, Intelligent and Fiery".
How do I pronounce Aedan?
The two syllabled name Aedan is pronounced, ae-dan.
Variants of AedanNames that rhyme with Aedan
How popular is the name Aedan?
Aedan used to be a common name in United States, first appeared in 1988 and over 3504 babies have been given the name in 36 years. At the peak of its usage in 2006,.
However after 36 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but it is still going strong. Also, In France, Aedan was once a common name since emerging in 2004 it has been given to over 736 babies.
When at its peak in 2017,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 15 years.
Aedan is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 800 names.
In 2003, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 710 on boy names chart when 30 babies were named Aedan. Over 394 babies in England and Wales have been named Aedan.
The given name is an uncommon baby name in Ireland where it has been in use since 1996 and peaked in 1996 when it ranked 369th. In Switzerland, it has been in use since 2004 and peaked in 2018 when it ranked 924th.
Also, Aedan is a familiar name in Israel. According to our research, over 4000 babies have been named Aedan globally.
Aedan in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Aedan
You want to help others and leave an impression. You love to change and can't stand constancy and monotony. You push yourself to your limits and beyond. Searching for answers can sometimes make you feel miserable and disappoint you because you can't find answers to all your questions. Details matter to you, especially when it comes to choosing your love partner. Unfortunately, you are not a keeper because you don't know how to love a person.
Do you like Aedan? Read these names too
- Jenise means God is Gracious, Variant of Jenny which is a Diminutive of Jane or Jennifer or White Wave aimed at baby girls used specifically in English has its origin in Old Welsh, Celtic and Latin
- Maellenn - Meaning of Maellenn is Prince or Lord is originated from Celtic
- Arnis - Commonly used in Old Norse and Swedish, Arnis is of Germanic and Celtic origin is aimed at baby boys. Arnis is Norse form of An Unknown Celtic Name. Also Arnis is Norse form of An Unknown Germanic Name Containing the Name Element Arn. Also Arnis is Norse form of Ernust
- Rionna - Anomalous Rionnas origin is Celtic is used as a baby girl name, meaning of Rionna is "Royal, Queenly and Pure". Rionna is resulted from Riona.
- Riwalez - Riwalez's meaning is King or Valiant is rooted from Celtic
Sibling Names for Aedan
Aedan is a beautiful name for any baby and it can be paired well with many sibling names. Here's a list of some adorable names that go perfectly with Aedan:
Names for Aedan's sister
For a brother
Famous people named Aedan
- Aedan Tomney in Moondance Alexander as Actor
Lists having Aedan
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- Celtic Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Irish Baby Names
- Gaelic Baby Names
- Boy names that ends with -dan
- Baby Names that mean Little
- Baby Names that mean Fire