Aidan name meaning
On This Page
What does Aidan mean?
Renowned Aidan came from Old Irish and Celtic bestowed upon both boys and girls, meaning of Aidan is "Intelligent, Little Fiery One or Name of a Saint" is mainly used in Swedish, Irish, Arabic, Norwegian, Danish, Finnish, Scottish, English and Gaelic.
Aidan is variation of Aodh. Aodh is Scottish form of Old Irish Áed = Fire. Meaning of Aodh is Fire Brightness Splendor, The Element Aed Meaning Fire and Fire has origin in Old Irish and Celtic is particulary used in Swedish, Irish and Scottish.
Aidan is English equivalent of Aodán.
How do I pronounce Aidan?
The two syllabled name Aidan is pronounced, a(i)-dan.
Variants of Aidan
Nicknames for Aidan
From mountain of nicknames for given name Aidan, we love these names:Names that rhyme with Aidan
How popular is the name Aidan?
Aidan was an extremely popular name in United States. Over 112432 babies have been given the moniker in 103 years. When at the peak of its usage in 2003, 10062 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 39th position.
However after 103 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still performing better than most of the names. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 50 baby names 4 times Also, a popular name in England and Wales with over 15258 new-borns have been given the name since 1996.
When at the peak of its usage in 2002, 901 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 67th position. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 100 baby names 15 times
A common name in Ireland with over 9570 new-borns have been given the name since 1964.
At the peak of its usage in 1965, the moniker grabbed the 33rd spot and 258 baby boys were given the name. Also, In France, Aidan was once a common name since emerging in 1994 it has been given to over 1451 babies.
When at the peak of its usage in 2008,. However after 25 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Also, In New South Wales, Aidan was once a common name since emerging in 1993 it has been given to over 2782 babies.
At its zenith in 2008,. After 20 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Also, Aidan used to be a common name in Queensland, first appeared in 1991 and over 1623 babies have been given the name in 20 years.
At the peak of its usage in 2000,. After 20 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Also, Aidan was a common name in Victoria. Over 540 babies have been named Aidan since 2008.
When at its peak in 2009,. After 6 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Aidan is a unique baby name in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 300 names.
In 2011, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 298 on boy names chart when 27 babies were named Aidan. There are over 318 babies that have been given the name Aidan in Switzerland.
Also, in Netherlands, in just 2 years, it has made it to the top 500 names. In 2015, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 429 on boy names chart when 35 babies were named Aidan.
Also, in Belgium, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 400 names. In 2007, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 398 on boy names chart when 27 babies were named Aidan.
Over 256 people have been named Aidan in Belgium.
Aidan is a rare baby name in Netherlands still in use today. But Aidan is a popular baby name in Tanzania where every 1 in 4000 have the name as well as in England.
At least, 140000 people globally have carried Aidan as their given name according to our research.
Aidan in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Aidan?
You remind people that life is for you to live it, and not survive, something many do these days. Not everyone deserves your attention. You wish to live someplace quiet surrounded by nature and animals like the mountains. You dream of spending your last days in a place like this. But for now, focus on today. Once you put your charming smile on, everyone forgets about your flaws and mistakes and dreams of spending the rest of their life near you.
Do you like Aidan? You would love these names
- Abeera - Primarily used in Tamil and Arabic rarefied and modernistic, Abeera bestowed upon baby girls, meaning of Abeera is "The Mixture of the Smell of the Petals of Rose or Sundal or Strong"
- Behnaz majorly is used in Arabic and English is a baby girl name, meaning of Behnaz is "Best Coquetry or The Most Beautiful Beauty" has origin in Old Persian
- Dhamir - Meaning of Dhamir is Heart or Conscience is chiefly used in Arabic and Tamil is aimed at baby boys
- Ariq - Meaning of Ariq is Deep Rooted is a boy name is used notably in Arabic and English
- Eleonora - The widely accepted and all time favorite girl name Eleonora means "Shining Light, Sun or God is My Light", commonly used in Arabic, German and Finnish is rooted from Old Provençal, Arabic and French languages
Sibling Names for Aidan
Looking for the perfect sibling names to complement your newborn named Aidan? Look no further, we have compiled a list of 10 unique and beautiful names that will go perfectly with your little one. From classic to modern, there's something for everyone on this list.
Sister to Aidan
For a brother
Famous people named Aidan
- Aidan Hughes, commercial artist
- Aidan Delgado, American attorney, author, and war veteran
- Aidan Chambers, British author of children's and young-adult novels
- Aidan Hartley, writer and entrepreneur
- Aidan White, journalist
- Aidan Browne, Northern Irish television presenter and actor
- Aidan O'Mahony, Irish Gaelic footballer
- Aidan McAnespie, unarmed civilian
- Aidan A. Kelly, American academic
- Aidan J. David, British actor
- Aidan Kearney, Irish hurler
- Aidan Nichols, English academic and Catholic priest
- Aidan Higgins, Irish writer
- Aidan Quinn, Irish-American actor
- Aidan Gillen, Irish actor
- Aidan Davison, English-born Northern Irish former professional footballer and Head Coach of Sporting Arizona FC
- Aidan McArdle, Irish actor
- Aidan O'Brien, Irish horse racing trainer
- Aidan Collins, English retired footballer
- Aidan Girt, Canadian drummer for the Montreal-based post-rock collectives Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Exhaust
- Aidan Fogarty, Irish hurler
- Aidan Crawley, British journalist
- Aidan MacCarthy, Irish doctor of the Royal Air Force and a prisoner of war to the Japanese during the Second World War
- Aidan Kirk, professional rugby league footballer
- Aidan Fennelly, Gaelic footballer from County Laois
- Aidan McCaffery, English former professional footballer and football club manager
- Aidan Moffat, Scottish vocalist and musician
- Aidan Price, Irish former football player and currently head coach of Shamrock Rovers U19's
- Aidan Mitchell, American film and TV actor
- Aidan Cooney, Irish television and radio presenter
- Aidan Daly, New Zealand professional basketball player
- Aidan O'Kane, retired footballer
- Aidan Gould, American actor
- Aidan Layne in Jules Jordan: The Lost Tapes as Actress
- Aidan Pendleton in Andre as Actress
- Aidan Dee in Collar as Actress
- Aidan T.K. Baker in Cop Story as Actor
- Aidan Gault in Unjust as Cinematographer
- Aidan Belizaire in The Sleeper Effect as Director
- Aidan Milsted in Sex Tape as Actor
- Aidan Campbell, from 2001 action and drama movie On the Borderline, who characterized Tyler.
- In 2000, Aidan Ostrogovich played the role of Danny Brennick in action, sci-fi film Fortress 2.
- Aidan Owen characterized central role of Ryan in 2019 drama film Cliff.
- Aidan Cross characterized the small character of Busker in 2012 drama, romance flick Girl Shaped Love Drug.
- In 2004 flick, Morphine, Aidan Black characterized Alfredo Mingo.
- Aidan Vitela portrayed critical role of Andrés Luján in 2014 thriller film The Ghosts on Hurdle Avenue.
Lists having Aidan
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- Celtic Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Irish Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Gaelic Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Scottish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Boy names that ends with -dan
- Popular Boy Names in United States (2010)
- Popular Boy Names in England & Wales (2010)
- Popular Boy Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (2012)
- Popular Boy Names in Queensland (2011)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2013)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2012)
- Baby Names that mean Intelligent
- Baby Names that mean Little
- Baby Names that mean Fiery
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Saint
- Baby Names that mean Help
- Baby Names that mean Fire