Avon meaning and origin
Origin of Darling and Ceaseless Avon is in Celtic, meaning of Avon is "River" and a gender-neutral name is principally used in English.
Variants of Avon
View middle names that goes with Avon like Kingston, Emanuel, Spencer, Elian, Emory, Larry,Names that rhyme with Avon
Popularity of Avon
Avon is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1893 and was able to reach the top 1000 names. In 1893, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 907 on boy names chart when 32 babies were named Avon. Over 2215 people have been named Avon in United States. Avon is a rare baby name in England and Wales however it is still in use. Avon is a common name in India while somewhat familiar name in Philippines, Sri Lanka, New Zealand and Saudi Arabia. At least, 5000 people globally have been given the name as per our research.
Here's what numbers has to say about Avon
You are sometimes manipulative and hated for it. Romantic relationships are definitely not your thing. You have a clear opinion of things You never settle for less. You can turn from open-hearted to untouchable in a blink of an eye, especially when you are sad. You are not stubborn but flexible and think outside the limits. People envy your success and personal life, and would give just anything to be like you.
Looking for names similar to Avon? Please go through the following names
- Mirle - Prevalent girl name Mirle is originated from Latin, Egyptian and Old French is mainly used in Finnish. Mirle is German equivalent of Mirjam
- Rhiannon - Rhiannon's meaning is Goddess, A Mythological Nymph or Rigantona Meaning Great Queen is used in Swedish, Danish and Finnish has its roots in Celtic and Welsh is given to both sexes
- Cavan - Uncommon boy name Cavan has its origin in Irish, Gaelic and English, used in English language, Cavan means "Grass Hill"
- Melbrigði - Boy name Melbrigði is used primarily in Old Norse is originated from Celtic. Melbrigði is Nordic cognate of The Old Irish Name Máel Brigte
- Maurya - Largely used in Marathi, Telugu and Oriya unheard-of, Maurya is of Latin and Celtic origin, meaning of Maurya is "Leader or King" is used as a gender insensitive name
Namesakes of Avon
- Avon Williams, Avon N. Williams, Jr
- Avon Long, American Broadway actor and singer
- Avon, American paperback book and comic book publisher
- Avon Barksdale, fictional character
- Avon Cobourne, former American professional Canadian football running back