Avon name meaning
What does Avon mean?
Origin of Darling and Ceaseless Avon is in Celtic, meaning of Avon is "River" and a gender-neutral name is principally used in English.
Does Avon work as a baby name?
Avon is a unique and charming name for a baby boy. The name originates from Ireland and means "river". This name holds a special place in the hearts of parents who have an affinity towards nature or have Irish roots. It has an elegant sound to it and is easy to pronounce, making it perfect for parents who want something simple yet different for their child. It also has a modern feel to it, which makes it appealing to younger parents who are looking for something trendy and fresh. Overall, Avon is an excellent choice for parents who want a meaningful yet distinctive name that will stand out among the crowd as their child grows up.
How do I pronounce Avon?
Two syllabled Avon is pronounced as a-von.
Variants of Avon
Avan, Aban, Avonlee, Aivan, AbbenNames that rhyme with Avon
How popular is the name Avon?
Avon is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1893 and was able to reach the top 1000 names. In 1893, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 907 on boy names chart when 32 babies were named Avon. Over 2215 people have been named Avon in United States. Avon is a rare baby name in England and Wales however it is still in use. Avon is a common name in India while somewhat familiar name in Philippines, Sri Lanka, New Zealand and Saudi Arabia. At least, 5000 people globally have been given the name as per our research.
Here's what numbers has to say about Avon
You are sometimes manipulative and hated for it. Romantic relationships are definitely not your thing. You have a clear opinion of things You never settle for less. You can turn from open-hearted to untouchable in a blink of an eye, especially when you are sad. You are not stubborn but flexible and think outside the limits. People envy your success and personal life, and would give just anything to be like you.
Looking for names similar to Avon? Please go through the following names
- Mirle - Prevalent girl name Mirle is originated from Latin, Egyptian and Old French is mainly used in Finnish. Mirle is German equivalent of Mirjam
- Rhiannon - Rhiannon's meaning is Goddess, A Mythological Nymph or Rigantona Meaning Great Queen is used in Swedish, Danish and Finnish has its roots in Celtic and Welsh is given to both sexes
- Cavan - Uncommon boy name Cavan has its origin in Irish, Gaelic and English, used in English language, Cavan means "Grass Hill"
- Melbrigði - Boy name Melbrigði is used primarily in Old Norse is originated from Celtic. Melbrigði is Nordic cognate of The Old Irish Name Máel Brigte
- Maurya - Largely used in Marathi, Telugu and Oriya unheard-of, Maurya is of Latin and Celtic origin, meaning of Maurya is "Leader or King" is used as a gender insensitive name
Middle names for Avon
We've compiled a list of the progressing and mainstream middle names for Avon below.
View more middle names that goes with Avon.
Sibling Names for Avon
Avon is a beautiful name for your little one, but it's always nice to have some options. If you're searching for sibling names that complement Avon, look no further! Check out this list of carefully curated names that are perfect for brothers and sisters of little Avon.
Sister for Avon
Brother for Avon
Famous people named Avon
- Avon Williams, Avon N. Williams, Jr
- Avon Long, American Broadway actor and singer
- Avon, American paperback book and comic book publisher
- Avon Barksdale, fictional character
- Avon Cobourne, former American professional Canadian football running back
Lists having Avon
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- Celtic Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Boy names that ends with -von
- Baby Names that mean River