Alim meaning and origin
Rare unisex name Alim is of Arabic origin which is majorly used in Arabic, Turkish, Sindhi and Hindi languages, meaning of Alim is "Learned, Scholarly, Knowledge Person or Wise".
Variants of AlimNames that rhyme with Alim
Popularity of Alim
Alim is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1970 and was able to reach the top 3000 names. In 1975, it ranked 2902nd when 37 boys were named Alim. Over 629 people have been named Alim in United States. Also, in France, it has been in use since 1975 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. Recently in 2018, it ranked 1248th when 28 boys were named Alim. Over 331 people have been named Alim in France.
Alim is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, even after 22 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 2000. There are over 132 babies that have been given the name Alim in England and Wales. It also recently appeared in Belgium baby boy names chart. But Alim is a popular baby name in India where every 1 in 20000 have the name as well as in, Russia, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Uzbekistan, Cameroon, Turkey, Pakistan and Azerbaijan. At least, 210000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our findings.
Here's what numbers has to say about Alim
Self-doubting mayturn you into the worst version of yourself that you don't like much. You have no enemies. You are dominant in your circle of friends. You are a self-motivated, ambitious, and intuitive person who rarely hears what others have to say when it comes to business. You hate copying others. You need to listen to people occasionally to make them feel better and important. You like your freedom and independence.
Other names similar to Alim, for would be parents
- Intikhab - Boy name Intikhab means "Choice or Selection" is used especially in Sindhi and Arabic
- Ishfaq - Used commonly in Arabic and Arabic, Ishfaq bestowed upon both sexes, Ishfaq means "Kindness or Compassion"
- Kareema - Unfamiliar Kareemas origin is Arabic bestowed upon baby girls, used in Kannada, Arabic and English, meaning of Kareema is "Noble, Generous or Perfect"
- Tooba - Queer unisex name Tooba means "Name of a Tree in Paradise or Good News" is used commonly in Arabic, Sindhi and Arabic
- Ghali - Recent and Sufficiently quirky Ghali chiefly is used in Arabic and African, meaning of Ghali is "Rich Man, Dear or Costly" is a baby boy name
Namesakes of Alim
- Alim Qasimov, Azerbaijani musician and one of the foremost mugham singers
- Alim Qurbanov, Azerbaijani footballer
- Alima Ashton-Sheibu in The Matrix Reloaded as Actress
- Alim Selimau Alim Maximavich Selimau - in Belarusian, Ð Ð »Ñ-ÐÐ ÐœÐ ° ÐºÑ Ñ-Ð¼Ð ° Ð²Ñ-Ñ ‡ Ð¡ÐμÐ» Ñ-Ð¼Ð ° Ñž;
- Writer Alim Sudio, famous for movie Pesantren Impian
- In 1970, Alim Fedorinsky played the role of Roman in drama, romance film Khlib i sil.
- In 1975 adventure flick, Voskhod nad Gangom, Alim Khodzhayev played Mondil.
Lists having Alim
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- Arabic Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Sindhi Baby Names
- Turkish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Girl names that starts with Ali
- Baby Names that mean Learned
- Baby Names that mean Wise
- Baby Names that mean Man
- Baby Names that mean Scholar
- Baby Names that mean Knowledge