Anas name meaning
On This Page
What does Anas mean?
The well-known boy name Anas is prevalently used in Norwegian, Danish, Arabic, Finnish, Sindhi and Swedish has its roots in Arabic and Old Greek, Anas means "A Group of People, Affection, Love, Friendliness, Pleasant Companionship, Friendly, Friend, Close, Friendliness, Happiness, Indestructible, The Sky or Bralunan or the Supreme Spirit".
Anas is diminutive of Anastasius. Anastasius is Latin cognate of Anastas. Also Anastasius is Latin cognate of The Greek Name Αναστασιος Meaning Resurrection. Anastasius means Risen One, The Elements Anastasis Meaning Resurrection and Resurrection is originated from Old Greek.
How do I pronounce Anas?
The two syllabled name Anas is commonly pronounced as an-ahs.
Variants of Anas
Middle Names for Anas
Cain, Boris, view more middle names that goes with AnasNames that rhyme with Anas
How popular is the name Anas?
Anas was a popular name in France. Over 8163 babies have been named Anas since 1974. When at the peak of its usage in 2016, it ranked 115th when 620 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys.
However after 43 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still performing better than most of the names. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 500 baby names 27 times
In United States, Anas was once a common name since emerging in 1978 it has been given to over 1984 babies.
At the peak of its usage in 2016,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 40 years but it is still going strong. Also, In England and Wales, Anas was once a common name since emerging in 1996 it has been given to over 1597 babies.
At the peak of its usage in 2011,. However after 23 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. Also, Anas used to be a common name in Belgium, first appeared in 1995 and over 2094 babies have been given the name in 24 years.
At its zenith in 2012,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 24 years but it is still going strong.
Anas is a unique baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 400 names.
Recently in 2016, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 399 on boy names chart when 39 babies were named Anas. There are over 140 babies that have been given the name Anas in Netherlands.
Anas is an uncommon baby name in Switzerland, its highest ever rank is 418 (2015) in its 15 years run on Switzerland naming chart. Over 137 people have been named Anas in Switzerland.
However things change on global perspective, Anas is extremely popular in Saudi Arabia where every 1 in 300 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Morocco, Nigeria, Egypt, Sudan, Indonesia, Syria, Jordan, India, Iraq, Pakistan, Libya, Bangladesh, Yemen, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait and Sri Lanka.
According to our research, over 590000 babies have been named Anas globally.
Anas in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Anas
Letter A as your cornerstone reveals your creativity, dynamic life, and ambition to achieve great things in life. You prefer to follow your intuition rather than follow rules and suggestions. Remember that life is to have fun and don't worry much. If you have things to be handled, you handle them right away, without much waiting. You are a self-motivated, ambitious, and intuitive person who rarely hears what others have to say when it comes to business.
Looking for a name like Anas? Please go through the following names
- Barni - Barnis origin is Old Norse and Aramaic bestowed upon baby boys, meaning of Barni is "Young, Child or Grown Up" is especially used in Norwegian, Arabic and Old DanishSwedish
- Ilhaam has its origin in Arabic is mostly used in Gujarati, Hindi and Gujarati and is used for both boys and girls, Ilhaam means "Inspiraction, Intuition or Lord of the Earth"
- Ghiyath came from Arabic, meaning of Ghiyath is "Help, Succor or Succoured" and a baby boy name is principally used in Hindi and Arabic
- Shabeeh - Boy name Shabeeh means "Resembling" is used in Sindhi and Arabic
- Shehryaar means Sovereign is primarily used in Arabic and Sindhi is customarily given to boys
Famous people named Anas
- Anas ibn Malik, well-known 'sahabi' of the Prophet of Islam Muhammad
- Anas Altikriti, CEO and Founder of The Cordoba Foundation
- Anas Al Khouja, Syrian footballer
- Anas Sharbini, Croatian professional footballer
- Anastasia Fontaines in Mr. PolishMan as Actress
- Anastasiya Sivaeva in Episode #1.1 as
- Anastasiya Ivanova in Ne mogu skazat 'proshchay' as Actress
- Anastasia Myskina in Athens 2004: Games of the XXVIII Olympiad as
- Anastasia Parsons in Rise of the Sea Urchins as Actress
- Anastasia Summers in In Her Shoes as Actress
- Anastasia Prystay in Partisan as Actress
- Anastasia Esper in The Promotion as Actress
- Anas El Baz acted in movie Casanegra
Lists having Anas
- Boy names beginning with A
- Arabic Boy Names
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Greek Boy Names
- Danish Boy Names
- Finnish Boy Names
- Sindhi Boy Names
- Norwegian Boy Names
- Swedish Boy Names
- Indian Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in Belgium (2012)
- Baby Names that mean People
- Baby Names that mean Affection
- Baby Names that mean Love
- Baby Names that mean Pleasant
- Baby Names that mean Friendly
- Baby Names that mean Friend
- Baby Names that mean Close
- Baby Names that mean Happiness
- Baby Names that mean Sky
- Baby Names that mean Supreme
- Baby Names that mean Spirit