Amelia meaning and origin
Acclaimed and All time favorite Amelia came from Latin and Gothic languages is a gender-neutral name, especially used in Kannada, Tamil, German, Arabic, Norwegian, Marathi, Swedish, Finnish, Latin, Italian, Spanish, English, Danish and Dutch, meaning of Amelia is "Industrious, Effort, Work, Emilia, Amalia, Efficient, Trustworthy or Beautiful". Amelia is variant form of acclaimed and ever lasting Amalia. Amalia is variation of eternal and darling Emily. Amalia is derived from Emilie. Amalia is Latin equivalent of Germanic Names Beginning with Amal-. Customary and Perpetual Amalia is originated from Latin and Gothic, Amalia means "Efficient and Brave". Amelia is a form of commonly accepted and evergreen Emily. Emily is a form of EmilieAmelia. Emily is form of Emilie in English language. Also Emily is form of Émilie in English language. Emily's meaning is Emulating and Rivaling has its origin in Latin. Amelia is variant form of everlasting and noteworthy Amalie. Amalie is form of lofty Amal. Also Amalie is variant of timeless and widespread Amalia. Amalie means Brave and Efficient has its origin in Gothic and Hebrew..
Variants of Amelia
View middle names that goes with Amelia like Iory, Mariana, Kourtney, Elyse, Paule, Dian,Names that rhyme with Amelia
Popularity of Amelia
Amelia was an extremely popular name in United States. Over 191837 babies have been given the name in 171 years. When at its peak in 2017, the moniker grabbed the 8th spot and 12301 baby girls were given the name. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 171 years. In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 10 baby names 2 times Also, Amelia was a very popular name in England and Wales. Over 76624 babies have been named Amelia since 1996. At the peak of its usage in 2011, the moniker grabbed the 1st spot and 7061 baby girls were given the name. However after 23 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still going strong on charts. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 5 baby names 9 times Also, a popular name in New South Wales with over 9519 new-borns have been given the name since 1985. Presently the moniker is on a rise, in 2018, the moniker grabbed the 2nd spot and 547 baby girls were given the name. Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 5 baby names 7 times
Amelia used to be a common name in Ireland, first appeared in 1964 and over 4433 babies have been given the name in 50 years. When at the peak of its usage in 2017,. However after 50 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still in a strong position. Also, A common name in France having over 1168 recievers in 9 years of usage. When at the peak of its usage in 2017, 159 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 378th position. Also, Amelia is a common name in Switzerland given to over 1360 babies in 21 years. Recently at its peak, 187 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 31st position. Also, A common name in Netherlands with over 476 new-borns have been given the name since 2015. Recently the moniker is on a rise, in 2016, it ranked 128th when 116 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, Amelia is common in Sweden where over 500 new-borns have been given the name since 2005. At the peak of its usage in 2017, 206 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 63rd position. Also, A common name in Belgium having over 990 recievers in 23 years of usage. Presently the moniker is on a rise, in 2016, it ranked 73rd when 114 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, In Queensland, Amelia was once a common name since emerging in 1987 it has been given to over 5350 babies. When at its peak in 2015,. However after 33 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong. Also, Amelia used to be a common name in Western Australia, first appeared in 2012 and over 1319 babies have been given the name in 8 years. When at the peak of its usage in 2018,. However after 8 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 5 baby names 5 times Also, Amelia is common in Victoria where over 3695 new-borns have been given the name since 2008. The moniker is on fire on the charts, in 2015, it ranked 3rd when 396 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 5 baby names 5 times
Amelia is an uncommon baby name in Northern Territory, its highest ever rank is 3 (2013) in its 13 years run on Northern Territory naming chart. Over 154 babies in Northern Territory have been named Amelia. However things change on global perspective, Amelia is extremely popular in Brazil where every 1 in 2000 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Mexico, Philippines, Argentina, Indonesia, Angola, Peru, Spain, Italy, Colombia, Mozambique, South Africa, England, Venezuela, Liberia, Chile, Cuba, Guatemala, Australia, Poland and Paraguay. At least, 730000 people globally have carried Amelia as their given name according to our findings.
Amelia in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Amelia?
You want to invent something or accomplish something no one has ever done before. Your creativity allows you to express your emotions. You are not very excited when it comes to meeting new people because you expect disappointment. You act cold around people not because you are insensitive as they believe but scared of getting carried away by your emotions. Unfortunately, you are not a keeper because you don't know how to love a person.
Other names similar to Amelia
- Talia - Commonly Accepted unisex name Talia means "Female Lamb or Blossom", used in Norwegian, Finnish and Swedish is of Hebrew and Latin origin. In 2018, acclaimed name Talia reached 332nd position on the list of baby girl names in United States
- Saburah - Used commonly in Sindhi and Arabic, Saburah is a gender-neutral name, Saburah means "A Narrator of Hadith or Narrator of Hadith"
- Unma is used in Telugu, Arabic and Malayalam, Unma means "Joy" is bestowed upon baby girls
- Jara - Darling Jara principally is used in Czech, Norwegian and Swedish aimed at both sexes, meaning of Jara is "Strong, Old Age or Ancient Slavic for Spring" has its origin in Persian and Hebrew
- Sina - Unfading and Noteworthy Sina mainly is used in Gaelic, Danish and German, meaning of Sina is "Explorer of Knowledge or Rosina" bestowed upon both sexes is originated from Arabic and Greenlandic
Namesakes of Amelia
- Amelia Best, MBE was one of the first two women elected to the Tasmanian House of Assembly
- Amelia Milka Sablich,
- Amelia Shankley, British actor
- Amelia Josephine Burr, American poet
- Amelia Gayle Gorgas, was librarian and postmaster of the University of Alabama for 25 years until her retirement at the age of eighty
- Amelia Biagioni, Argentine poet
- Amelia Natasha, Indonesian television presenter
- Amelia Collins, prominent American Bahá'í from a Lutheran family
- Amelia Bence, Argentine film actress and one of the divas of the Golden Age of Argentine Cinema
- Amelia Stewart, Viscountess Castlereagh, wife of the Georgian-era Irish statesman Robert Stewart
- Amelia Bayntun, English stage and television actress
- Amelia Earhart, American aviation pioneer and author
- Amelia Opie, English author
- Amelia Vega, Dominican actress, singer, model, and beauty queen
- Amelia Gordon, mayor of Olongapo City and mother of Senator and Red Cross Chairman Richard "Dick" Gordon
- Amelia Boynton Robinson, leader of the American Civil Rights Movement
- Amelia Edwards, English novelist, journalist
- Amelia Marshall, American soap opera actress
- Amelia Warner,
- Amelia Frid, Australian former child actress
- Amelia Heinle, American actress best known for her roles
- Amelia Stone Quinton, American social activist and advocate for Native American rights
- Amelia Rosselli, Italian poet
- Amelia Atwater-Rhodes, American author of fantasy and young adult literature and a Language Arts/Literature teacher at Learning Prep School
- Amelia Peláez, important Cuban painter of the Avant-garde generation
- Amelia Kinkade, American actress
- Amelia Edith Huddleston Barr, British novelist and teacher
- Amelia Jones, American art historian and art theorist
- Amelia Bullmore, English actor, screenwriter, and playwright
- Amelia Curran, Irish portrait painter
- Amelia Osborne, Marchioness of Carmarthen, British peer and a Portuguese countess
- Amelia Fletcher, British singer, songwriter
- Amelia Piccinini, Italian athlete
- Amelia Pittock, professional squash player from Australia
- Amelia Penichet, In her neighborhood
- Amelia Frances Howard-Gibbon, teacher and artist
- Amelia Alcock-White, Canadian artist based in Vancouver
- Amelia Cattaneo, from 1922 flick L'ultima livrea, who portrayed N.
- In 1927, Amelia Muñoz played the role of N in drama, history film El dos de Mayo.
- Amelia Rose portrayed the small character of Orange Moll in 1915 drama, history film Mistress Nell.
- In 1926, Amelia Summerville portrayed the role of Lady Jane in drama movie The Great Deception.
- Amelia de la Torre, from 1969 drama film La Celestina, who portrayed Celestina.
- Amelia Vargas characterized central role of N in 1953 movie Los tres mosquiteros.
- In 1938 drama, thriller flick, Caminos de ayer, Amelia Wilhelmy characterized La Chispa.
- Amelia Wolkonska played the pivotal character of Hania's mother in 1923 comedy, drama movie Zlodziej i dziewczynka.
- Amelia Farrell characterized the minor role of Amelia in 2015 movie There is a Santa Claus.
- Amelia Barrett, from 2006 drama, music flick Tall Trees, who characterized the Sally.
- Amelia de Ilisa portrayed the central character of Marta del Castillo in 1935 drama and horror movie Los muertos hablan.
- In 1920 movie, Per un figlio, Amelia D'Auria played N.
- In 2008 family movie, Adina's Deck: The Case of the Online Crush, Amelia Varni played Adina.
- Amelia Foxton, from horror and mystery flick The Forever Fighter, who portrayed the Nurse.
- In 2016, Amelia Meyers played the role of Cassandra in comedy and drama flick Show Business.
- In 1949, Amelia Amante played the role of N in comedy flick Bulakenyo.
- In 2011, Amelia Matwiejczyk portrayed the role of N in drama movie Prosto z nieba.
Lists having Amelia
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- Gothic Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Dutch Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Belgium (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Northern Territory (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Western Australia (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2012)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Sweden (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Industrious
- Baby Names that mean Work
- Baby Names that mean Labour
- Baby Names that mean Fertile
- Baby Names that mean Lord
- Baby Names that mean Efficient
- Baby Names that mean Trustworthy
- Baby Names that mean Beautiful