Babs meaning and origin
Unheard-of Babs is used especially in Swedish and English is originated from Latin and Hebrew, Babs means "Strange, Diminutive of Barbara, From the Greek Barbaros or Foreign Woman" is bestowed upon girls. Babs is variation of Babba. Babba is variant of widely accepted Bubba. Also Babba is form of virtuous and famed Barbara. Babba is also form of Its Variant Forms. Babs is resulted from Babette. Babette is form of commonly accepted, enduring and sacred Barbara. Also Babette is variation of biblical, frequently used and timeless Elizabeth. Babette is French cognate of Barbara. Also Babette is French equivalent of Elisabeth. Unconventional Babette has its origin in Hebrew and Latin languages, Babette means "God is Fullness and The Foreign".
Variants of BabsNames that rhyme with Babs
Popularity of Babs
Babs is an uncommon baby name in United States, 32 years of presence was not sufficient to save the name and it finally disappeared in 1963. Over 285 babies in United States have been named Babs. It also recently appeared in Belgium baby girl names chart. Babs is a common name in Netherlands while somewhat familiar name in England, Ghana, Nigeria, Canada, Germany and South Africa. According to our research, at least 6000 people have been bestowed Babs around the globe.
Babs in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Babs
You like people too but prefer your solitude. Having number 6 as your expression number says you are responsible and trustworthy. People take you as a self-absorbed person but you don't care how they take you. You love to change and can't stand constancy and monotony. You are all about independence, and like to have your own possessions because you like to enjoy luxury but not at any prize. You never take a leap of faith but do things with a plan.
Do you like Babs? Other names you would love
- Kol is Danish and Swedish cognate of Kolr
- Gerbald - Originated from Old High German and Germanic, Gerbald means "Spear or Bold" is aimed at boys
- Henriikka - Used particulary in Swedish and Finnish, Henriikka is of Germanic origin is used for girls. Henriikka is Finnish equivalent of Henrika
- Kale 3 - Boy name Kale 3 is dominantly used in Greenlandic and Finnish languages. Kale 3 is form of Kalistiât in Greenlandic language
- Karita - Origin of Offbeat Karita is in Arabic and Latin is a girl name, meaning of Karita is "Charity" is used majorly in Danish, Scandinavian and Norwegian
Namesakes of Babs
- Babs McMillan, Melbourne-based Australian stage, film
- Babs Fafunwa, scientist
- Babs Gonzales, American jazz vocalist of the bebop era notable for writing the song "Oop-Pop-A-Da"
- Babs Beverley in Episode #1.3 as
- Babsie Steger in Mystère as Actress
- Babs Chula in Cheats as Actress
- Babs Olusanmokun in Max Payne 3 as Actor
- Babs Brinklund acted in movie Scorched Heat
- In 1920, Babs Reynolds portrayed the role of Nellie Bates in romance movie Her Benny.
- Babs Ronald played crucial role of Angela, as a child in 1920 drama, sport film The Way of the World.