Blair meaning and origin
Lofty and Venerable unisex name Blair has origin in Scottish primarily used in English and Scottish languages, meaning of Blair is "Dweller on the Plain or Plain".
Variants of BlairNames that rhyme with Blair
Popularity of Blair
Blair was a popular name in United States. Over 29439 babies have been given the first name in 218 years. At the peak of its usage in 1988, it ranked 423rd when 723 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However after 218 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 500 baby names 19 times Blair is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, although it has been in use since 1996 but could not make beyond the top 700. Over 271 babies in England and Wales have been named Blair. Also, it appeared first time in 2016 on baby girl names list of Ireland.
But Blair is a popular baby name in Canada where every 1 in 3000 have the name. According to our estimate, over 50000 babies have been named Blair globally.
Blair in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Blair
You like to be surrounded by strong, determine people who know what they want. You are outgoing and fun but there are times when you prefer solitude over party and books over people. Your failures motivate you. Go out there and experience new stuff instead of reliving your past. You hate to lose or be rejected. You are influential and use your influence to do great things. Give your head a break and keep an open mind. Things aren't always as they seem.
Parents who liked Blair, loved these names
- Doogie - Commonly used in English, Doogie is of Scottish origin and a baby boy name, meaning of Doogie is "Diminutive of Douglas or In the Seventeenth Century"
- Mckinley - Largely used in English eternal and loved, Mckinley means "Son of Finley or Child of the Learned Ruler". Its origin is in Scottish is aimed at both boys and girls. In 2018, noteworthy name Mckinley managed to bag 442nd position among baby girl names in United States
- Carmichael - Queer boy name Carmichael means "Follower of Michael" is rooted from Scottish language
- Adairis - Unorthodox and Contemporary girl name Adairis means "Wealthy Spear Owner of Many Spears and Form of Edgar" is of Scottish origin. Adairis is effeminate version of Adair.
- Drumond means Druids Mountain is originated from Scottish is a baby boy name. Drumond is derived from Drummond.
Namesakes of Blair
- Blair Longley, Canadian politician and activist
- Blair Stewart-Wilson, was Equerry to Her Majesty the Queen and Deputy Master of the Household
- Blair Niles, American novelist and travel writer
- Blair Lent, American illustrator and writer of children's books
- Blair Feeney, rugby union player
- Blair McClenachan, United States Representative from Pennsylvania
- Blair Cochrane, British sailor
- Blair Murdoch, television producer during the mid-1980s to the mid-2000s
- Blair Brown, American theater, film and television actress
- Blair McCreadie, previous president of the Progressive Conservative Party of Ontario
- Blair Betts, Canadian former professional ice hockey centre
- Blair Underwood, American television, film
- Blair Hull, American businessman, investor
- Blair Moody, journalist and Democratic U.S. Senator
- Blair Lee III, American Democratic politician
- Blair Wark, Australian recipient of the Victoria Cross
- Blair Atcheynum, Canadian former professional ice hockey right winger
- Blair Tefkin, American actress and singer-songwriter
- Blair McDonough, He first shot to fame the age of 19 in 2001
- Blair Lee I, Democratic member of the United States Senate
- Blair Russel, Canadian amateur ice hockey forward
- Blair Redford, American actor
- Blair Barnes, Canadian professional ice hockey right winger
- Blair MacKasey, former professional ice hockey defenceman
- Blair Hartland, former New Zealand cricketer
- Blair Strang, New Zealand Maori actor
- Blair Pocock, New Zealand cricket player
- Blair Hopping, field hockey player from New Zealand,
- Blair Butler, American stand-up comic
- Blair MacDonald, retired professional ice hockey player
- Blair Wilson, Member of Parliament
- Blair Aiken, former NASCAR driver
- Blair Scoullar, New Zealand soccer player
- Blair Rodman, American professional poker player, based
- Blair Thomas, former professional American football running back
- Blair Chapman, retired professional ice hockey player
- Blair Rasmussen, retired American professional basketball player
- Blair Mastbaum, American writer and a former model
- Blair Stewart, Canadian retired ice hockey player
- Blair Dunlop, English musician and actor
- Blair Cherry, baseball and football coach for the University of Texas at Austin
- Blair Jones, Canadian professional ice hockey player
- Blair Morgan, multi-time CMRC Canadian National championship-winning motocross racer
- Blair Sturrock, Scottish footballer
- Blair Bush, center
- Blair Cowan, Scottish musician
- Blair Campbell, former Australian cricket player,
- Blair Kamin, architecture critic of the 'Chicago Tribune'
- Blair Horn, member of the Canadian men's eights team that won the gold medal at the 1984 Summer Olympics
- Blair Phillips, former American football linebacker
- Blair Shapiro in Fat as Actress
- Blair Skinner in The Dark Knight Rises as Miscellaneous Crew
- Blair Hagata in Toni Collette and Michael C. Hall as Miscellaneous Crew
- Blair Barnette in The Adventures of Pete & Pete as Art Department
- Blair Weickgenant portrayed the pivotal character of Lisa Charles in 1990 thriller flick Smoothtalker.