Borg meaning and origin
Used prevalently in Finnish, Swedish, Icelandic and Norwegian, Borg has origin in Old Norse, a gender insensitive name, Borg means "From the Fortified Hill Or Castle". Borg is form of Björg. Björg is equivalent of Bjǫrg in Icelandic and Swedish languages.
Variants of BorgNames that rhyme with Borg
Popularity of Borg
Borg is a rare name around the globe. As per our evaluation, over 100 people has been named Borg globally.
What numbers say about Borg?
People believe you are cold-hearted and emotionless but the truth is the opposite. Fighting you own battles like a lone wolf makes you feel strong and confident. You are the most sensitive person but prefer to keep it secret so you don't give people a chance to take advantage of you. Learn how to trust people more. You are a jealous and passionate lover. You are truthful and prefer the cold truth over warm lies.
Do you like Borg? Read these names too
- Sveinbjörg - The girl name Sveinbjörg is used in Swedish, Icelandic and Danish. Sveinbjörg is Icelandic cognate of Sveinborg
- Soti - Boy name Soti is primarily used in Danish and Old Danish. Soti is equivalent of Sóti in Danish language
- Steinvør - Used in Faroese and Danish, Steinvør is aimed at girls. Steinvør is Faroese cognate of Steinvǫr
- Klakke is Danish and Swedish cognate of Klakki
- Terji - Specifically used in Faroese and Danish loved, Terji is used as a baby boy name. Terji is equivalent of Terje in Faroese language
Namesakes of Borg
We could not find any notable namesake.