Dagmar meaning and origin
Durable and Trendy Dagmar is used in Icelandic, Danish, English, German, Hindi, Czech, Faroese, Greenlandic, Norwegian, Swedish, Scandinavian and Finnish came from Danish, Old Slavic, Slavonic and Old Norse given to both boys and girls, Dagmar means "Joy of the Danes, Day's Glory, Glorious, Day, Maid, Great Day, Dorogo, Meri or Famous Day". Dagmar is version of Dagmár. Dagmár is equivalent of Dargmara in Danish language. Dagmár's meaning is Day and Old Danish Már = Little Girl, Virgin, Unmarried Girl came from Old Norse is notably used in Danish and Old Danish. Dagmar is equivalent of Dragomira in German and Scandinavian languages.
Variants of DagmarNames that rhyme with Dagmar
Popularity of Dagmar
In Belgium, Dagmar is a familiar name where it had been in use since for 13 from 1995 to 2008 and had secured the place in top 200 names. In 1997, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 146 on girl names chart when 83 babies were given the name Dagmar. There are over 303 babies that have been given the name Dagmar in Belgium. Dagmar is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1883 and was able to reach the top 700 names. In 1895, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 622 on girl names chart when 45 babies were named Dagmar. Over 1583 babies in United States have been named Dagmar.
Dagmar is an uncommon baby name in France, its highest ever rank is 633 (1942) in its 12 years run on France naming chart. However things change on global perspective, Dagmar is extremely popular in Germany where every 1 in 600 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Czech Republic, Brazil, Austria and Slovakia. As per our estimate, over 310000 people has been named Dagmar globally.
Dagmar in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Dagmar?
You are a wise person with great knowledge that you intend on sharing in the future. You are the innovator, the one who organizes parties or sleepovers, and the initiator for doing unusual stuff. You would climb the highest rock if that's necessary to accomplish something you want badly. You can turn from the excessive thinker into a careless child in no time. Your independence and narcissism make you more attractive than you already are in people's eyes.
You would love these names similar to Dagmar
- Mariska - Mariska's meaning is Bitter or Bitterness is notably used in Czech and Hungarian and is aimed at baby girls came from Hebrew
- Jolana - Jolana's meaning is Illustrious Roman Family and Violets Bloom is originated from Old Greek is a baby girl name is primarily used in Slavic and Czech. Jolana is resultant of Jolan.
- Viktorie has its origin in Latin and English languages is used as a baby girl name and is particulary used in Swedish, Danish and Greenlandic, Viktorie means "Victory or The Victor"
- Dalek - Meaning of Dalek is Dal and Borit used for baby boys has its origin in Slavonic is mainly used in Czech. Dalek is abridged form of Dalibor.
- Stanislava - Unusual Stanislava commonly is used in Finnish, Norwegian and Swedish, meaning of Stanislava is "Fame, Steadfastness or Glory". Its origin is in Old Slavic and Slavonic is a baby girl name
Namesakes of Dagmar
- Dagmar Roth-Behrendt, lawyer
- Dagmar Švubová, former Czechoslovak cross-country skier
- Dagmar Neubauer, retired German sprinter
- Dagmar Berne, Australian medical doctor and the first female student to study medicine
- Dagmar Cronstedt, Swedish countess
- Dagmar Lahlum, member of the Norwegian resistance
- Dagmar, American actress, model
- Dagmar Braun Celeste, American counselor, Christian priest, and author
- Dagmar Krause, German singer, best
- Dagmar Wöhrl, German politician with the CSU
- Dagmar Lurz, German former figure skater
- Dagmar Nordstrom, American composer, pianist and singer
- Dagmar Midcap, Canadian-born American media personality and weathercaster originally based
- Dagmar Hase, former German swimmer
- Dagmar Koller, Austrian actress and singer
- Dagmar Havlová, Czech actress
- Dagmar Käsling, former East German athlete
- Dagmar Oakland, American actress of stage and screen
- Dagmar Godowsky, American silent film actress
- Dagmar Dahlgren, dancer
- Dagmar, Puerto Rican television host, actress and singer
- Dagmar Salén, Swedish sailor
- Dagmar Patrasová in Kolobezka první as Actress
- Dagmar Dásková in Dopisy v krajkách as Actress
- Dagmar Biener in Pappa ante Portas as Actress
- Dagmar Weaver-Madsen in 10.000 Km as Cinematographer
- Dagmar Stansova in Waist Deep as Actress
- Dagmar Edwards in Der Ausbruch as Actress
- Dagmar Lassander is a German actress.
- Actor Dagmar Altman, famous for movie Catherine Ch�rie
- Dagmar Bentzen, from 1964 film Drömpojken, who played Mrs. Pettersson.
- In 1972 flick, Frühreife Betthäschen, Dagmar Conrad played N.
- Dagmar Ebbesen, from 1932 comedy movie Söderkåkar, who played the Hanna Jansson.
- In 1974, Dagmar Hedrich played the role of Magdalena Winter in drama and horror film Magdalena, vom Teufel besessen.
- In 1995 action and crime film, She Good Fighter, Dagmar Liekens played Sandra Van Rompaey.
- In 1937, Dagmar Myhrvold played the role of Andrine Vik in drama, romance movie Bra mennesker.
- In 1954 flick, Olovený chléb, Dagmar Stránská played Ruzena.
- Dagmar Wildenbrück, from 1918 romance film Hendes Hjertes Ridder, who played Enkefru Constance Cavelli.
- In 1971 film, Obrigkeitsfilm, Dagmar Silaff played N.
- In 1965, Dagmar Kákosová portrayed the role of N in comedy movie Prípad Barnabás Kos.
- Dagmar Dvorácková played vital character of Woman at exhibition in 1965 film Gambit.
Lists having Dagmar
- Boys names beginning with D
- Girls names beginning with D
- American Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Norse Baby Names
- Slavic Baby Names
- Czech Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Boy names that ends with -mar
- Baby Names that mean Joy
- Baby Names that mean Day
- Baby Names that mean Glory
- Baby Names that mean Glorious
- Baby Names that mean Maid
- Baby Names that mean Great
- Baby Names that mean Famous