Gerd meaning and origin
Of Old Icelandic and Germanic origin, Unwonted Gerd means "Spear Brave, Strength of the Spear, To be Guarded, Enclosure or Gerd" used prevalently in German, English, Norwegian, Scandinavian, Finnish, Danish and Swedish is a unisex name . Gerd is variant of durable and popular Gerard. Gerard is Dutch and Catalan form of Gerhard. Of Germanic, Old High German and Irish origin, Outlandish Gerard, Gerard means "Hardy, Brave and Spear Strong". Gerd is variant of Gerðr. Gerðr is variant of Names Containing the Name Element Gerd. Gerðr is an effeminate version of Garðr. Gerd is German equivalent of Gert.
Variants of GerdNames that rhyme with Gerd
Popularity of Gerd
Gerd is an uncommon baby name in United States and may not be used now. Gerd is a rare baby name in France where it may not be used now. But an extremely popular name in Germany where every 1 in 400 have the name. As per our evaluation, over 310000 babies have been bestowed Gerd around the globe.
Gerd in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Gerd?
You desire to change constantly and you get easily bored. Nothing escapes your eye, your sense of smell is highly developed, such as your sense of touch. You watch your mouth and think twice before you say something. Having letter D as your capstone reveals your smartness, power to concentrate on your thing even in the most difficult times You make your own rules. You are deeply related to the 5 senses.
If you like Gerd, you would love these names
- Ferdi - Boy name Ferdi means "Bold Protector or Peace or Courageous" commonly used in Swiss German and German is rooted from German and Gothic languages
- Hermut - Meaning of Hermut is Army or Spirit is originated from Old High German
- Ludolfa - Girl name Ludolfa is of Old High German origin, meaning of Ludolfa is "Wolf or Folk"
- Weigand - Origin of Weigand is in Old High German, meaning of Weigand is "Fighting"
- Godelaine - Originated from German, Godelaine means "God or Loved"
Namesakes of Gerd
- Gerd Theissen, German Protestant theologian and New Testament scholar
- Gerd Aretz, German artist
- Gerd R. Puin, German scholar on Qur'anic historical palaeography
- Gerd Tellenbach, German historian and scholar of medieval social and religious history
- Gerd Arntz, German Modernist artist renowned for his black and white woodcuts
- Gerd Zacher, German composer, organist, and writer on music
- Gerd Andres, German politician and member of the SPD
- Gerd Bollmann, German politician
- Gerd Puritz, son and biographer of the German soprano Elisabeth Schumann
- Gerd Heßler, former East German cross-country skier
- Gerd Buchdahl, German-English philosopher of science
- Gerd Hornberger, German athlete
- Gerd Wessig, East German high jumper
- Gerd Anthoff, German television actor
- Gerd Brantenberg, Norwegian author, teacher, and feminist writer
- Gerd Böckmann, German television actor
- Gerd Honsik, Austrian writer and lyric poet
- Gerd Greune, president of the Institute for International Assistance and Solidarity
- Gerd Strantzen, German field hockey player
- Gerd Weber, former German soccer player
- Gerd Dudek, German jazz tenor saxophonist, soprano saxophonist
- Gerd Becker, former West German handball player
- Gerd Faltings, German mathematician known for his work
- Gerd Gigerenzer, German psychologist
- Gerd Binnig, German physicist
- Gerd von Rundstedt, Field Marshal
- Gerd Müller, German retired footballer
- Gerd Gies, German politician
- Gerd Heidemann, German journalist best known for his role
- Gerd Kanter, retired Estonian discus thrower
- Gerd Albrecht, German conductor
- Gerd Oswald, director of American films and television
- Gerd Müller, Federal Minister of Economic Cooperation and Development
- Gerd Siegmund, East German/German former ski jumper
- Gerd Zewe, German former football player and manager
- Gerd Baltus, Already during law studies Baltus became interested
- Gerd Leers, former Dutch politician of the Christian Democratic Appeal
- Gerd Grabher, retired Austrian football referee
- Gerd Nagel, retired West German high jumper
- Gerd Truntschka, retired professional ice hockey player
- Gerd Schultze-Rhonhof, German author and former Generalmajor
- Gerd Kische, former German football player
- Gerd Andersson, Swedish film actress
- Gerda Maurus in Spione as Actress
- Gerda Weissmann Klein in One Survivor Remembers as
- Gerda Nicolson in Gallipoli as Actress
- Gerda Stevenson in Braveheart as Actress
- Gerd Angermann in movie The House in Karp Lane as Writer
- In 1973, Gerd Arnau played the role of Hochzeitsgast in comedy movie Der Ostfriesen-Report.
- Gerd Egede-Nissen, from 1918 film Die Rachegöttin, who characterized the N.
- Gerd Gallrein portrayed key character of Thomas Vater in 1990 drama flick Die Rückkehr aus der Wüste.
- In 1935 comedy and musical movie, Week-end, Gerd Gjedved played Kitty.
- In 1997, Gerd Hegnell portrayed the role of Lilian in comedy movie Rika barn leka bäst.
- Gerd Knebel played the leading role of Erich in 1996 comedy movie Abbuzze! Der Badesalz Film.
- Gerd Stein portrayed main role of Gangster in 1971 drama movie Summer in the City.
- Gerd André, from 1964 movie Hütet eure Töchter, who portrayed the Fred .
- Gerd Micheel characterized pivotal character of Gerd Raspe in 1965 movie Terra incognita.
- In 1921, Gerd Benofsky characterized the role of N in mystery flick Der zeugende Tod.
- In 1921 film, Die Jungfrau von Kynast, Gerd Luenen characterized N.
- Gerd Pape played the pivotal role of HON Driver in 2011 comedy flick Rubbeldiekatz.
Lists having Gerd
- Boys names beginning with G
- Girls names beginning with G
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Boy names that starts with Ger
- Popular Girl Names in Norway (1947)
- Baby Names that mean Spear
- Baby Names that mean Hard
- Baby Names that mean Brave
- Baby Names that mean Guarded
- Baby Names that mean Strength
- Baby Names that mean Enclosure