Casper name meaning
On This Page
What does Casper mean?
Origin of Frequently Used and Enduring Casper is in Old Persian is used in Scandinavian, Danish, English, Finnish, Dutch, Swedish, Greenlandic and Norwegian used as a boy name, meaning of Casper is "Keeper of the Treasurer or Treasure Bearer".
Casper is resulted from Jasper. Jasper is version of acclaimed and biblical Kasper. Jasper is Dutch and English equivalent of Kaspar. Also Jasper is equivalent of Jaspar in German and Frisian languages.
Illustrous and Perpetual Jasper's origin is Sanskrit, Old Greek and Old Persian, meaning of Jasper is "Jasper-stone and Whoever Comes to See".
Casper's impression as a baby name
Casper is a wonderfully unique and cute Persian name that has been gaining in popularity as a baby boy name. It has a beautiful meaning, "treasure bearer" which speaks of the importance of cherishing our loved ones.
Its origin is Persian and makes it an excellent choice for those looking for something new and special. The nickname Cas or Cash is also available for shortening the name if needed.
Casper is perfect for any little boy, as it's friendly, fun and memorable!
How do I pronounce Casper?
The most common pronunciation of two syllabled Casper is c(a)-sper. Some people pronounce it as cas-per or kass-pur.
Middle Names for Casper
Orson, Faas, Noes, view more middle names that goes with CasperNames that rhyme with Casper
How popular is the name Casper?
Casper is common in United States where over 4778 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. Recently at its peak, it ranked 332nd when 126 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys.
Moreover, the given name has been to Also, Casper used to be a common name in England and Wales, first appeared in 1996 and over 1846 babies have been given the name in 23 years.
When at the peak of its usage in 2014,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 23 years but it is still going strong. Also, In Netherlands, Casper was once a common name since emerging in 2015 it has been given to over 910 babies.
When at its peak in 2015,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 5 years but it is still going strong. Also, Casper was a common name in Sweden.
Over 3742 babies have been named Casper since 1998. At its zenith in 2003,. After 11 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Casper is a familiar baby name in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 200 names.
In 2004, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 177 on boy names chart when 73 babies were given the name Casper. Over 1158 babies in Belgium have been named Casper.
The moniker is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, in use since 2005, peaked in 2016 when it ranked 412nd. Also, it appeared first time in 2002 on baby boy names list of France.
But Casper is a popular baby name in Denmark where every 1 in 700 have the name as well as in South Africa. According to our research, over 30000 babies have been named Casper globally.
What numbers say about Casper?
Expression number 8 reveals your predispositions for great success in every field in life. You respond to occurrences in an unusual, impulsive but also creative way. You are not like other people. You can't get used to a boring life and monotony. You have a sharp focus and nothing slips your eye. You want to achieve a great success and accomplish your dreams in order to prove yourself you can do it.
Other names liked by would be moms that are similar to Casper
- Hendrika - Germanic and Frisian name Hendrika bestowed upon girls, meaning of Hendrika is "Ruler or House" is commonly used in Danish and Dutch
- Alcindor means He Who Wards Off (Other) Men and Manly has origin in English and German is used as a boy name. Alcindor is derived from Alexander.
- Rini - Origin of Unorthodox Rini is in African-Swahili and Japanese is used especially in Tamil, Dutch and Kannada, meaning of Rini is "Freshness and Beauty" is a girl name. Rini is abridged form of Marini.
- Theofilus - Theofilus's meaning is Friend, Friend of God and God is used specifically in Danish, Finnish and Dutch that came from Old Greek is given to baby boys. Theofilus is resultant of Theophil.
- Marilou - Commonly Accepted girl name Marilou means "Mary or Princess of the Sea" which is chiefly used in French, English and Dutch has origin in English, German and Hebrew
Sibling Names for Casper
Introducing your little one to the world is an exciting time, especially when it comes to choosing the perfect name. If you've decided on the name Casper, you may be wondering which other sibling names would complement this unique choice. Here are some suggestions for sibling names that pair well with Casper.
Sister to Casper
For a brother
Famous people named Casper
- Casper Yost, longtime editor of the 'St
- Casper Van Dien, American actor and producer
- Casper Ankergren, Danish former professional footballer
- Casper Christensen, Danish comedian
- Casper Holstein, prominent New York mobster involved
- Casper Asbjornson, catcher in Major League Baseball
- Casper de Vries, South African actor, comedian, entertainer
- Casper Bouman, sailor from the Netherlands
- Casper Henningsen, Danish professional football player
- Casper R. Taylor Jr., Casper R. Taylor Jr
- Casper Helling, Dutch speedskater
- Casper Reardon, classical and jazz harpist
- Casper Crump in Sover Dolly på ryggen? as Actor
- Casper Sloth in Ækte vare as Actor
- Casper Allpress in The Woman in Black 2: Angel of Death as Actor
- Casper Lee in Laid in America as Actor
- Casper Andreas in Going Down in LA-LA Land as Actor
- Casper Jansen Cas Jansen is a Dutch actor born on June 24, 1977 in Badhoevedorp, The Netherlands.
Lists having Casper
- Biblical Boy Names
- Boy names beginning with C
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Persian Boy Names
- Danish Boy Names
- Dutch Boy Names
- Finnish Boy Names
- Norwegian Boy Names
- Swedish Boy Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in Netherlands (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Sweden (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Keeper
- Baby Names that mean Treasure
- Baby Names that mean Bearer