Armin meaning and origin
Armin means Protective, Soldier, Army Man, Key-ghobad's Son, French Form of Herman, Whole or Immense used for both boys and girls and originated from German, Armenian and Germanic is chiefly used among Sikhs, Gujarati, Punjabi, Norwegian, Arabic, Swedish, German, English, Spanish, Kannada, Danish, Finnish and Latin. Armin is a version of well-known Armen. Armen is a version of HermannArmon. Pleasing and Evergreen German, Germanic and Hebrew Armen is prevalently used in Russian and Armenian, meaning of Armen is "Strong and Man".. Also Armin is form of Arminius in German language. Armin is celebrated on September 25th.
Variants of ArminNames that rhyme with Armin
Popularity of Armin
Armin is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1893 and was able to reach the top 900 names. In 1914, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 884 on boy names chart when 70 babies were named Armin. Over 2817 babies in United States have been named Armin. The given name is a unique baby name in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 300 names. In 1998, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 222 on boy names chart when 33 babies were named Armin. There are over 357 babies that have been given the name Armin in Switzerland. Also, in Netherlands, in just 5 years, it has made it to the top 400 names. In 2015, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 358 on boy names chart when 42 babies were named Armin. Over 180 people have been named Armin in Netherlands.
Armin is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, although it has been in use since 1996 but could not make beyond the top 2000. Over 166 babies in England and Wales have been named Armin. In France, it has been in use since 1942 but could not make beyond the top 500. There are over 182 babies that have been given the name Armin in France. It also recently appeared in Belgium baby boy names chart.
But Armin is a popular baby name in Germany where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, Indonesia, Iran, Bangladesh and Austria. As per our research, over 160000 people has been named Armin globally.
Armin in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Armin?
Your happiness and well-being, as well as the happiness and health of the ones you love, are the things you care about. You are a self-motivated, ambitious, and intuitive person who rarely hears what others have to say when it comes to business. You are secretive when it comes to your dreams and goals because you believe that the fewer people know about your ideas and happiness, the longer you will stay happy and motivated.
Other names similar to Armin, for soon-to-be-parents
- Maryum - Meaning of Maryum is Mother of Isa is mostly used in Arabic and Sindhi is used for baby girls
- Udaysah - Meaning of Udaysah is A Narrator of Hadith, Daughter of Ahban Al-ghifariyah or Narrator of Hadith is largely used in Arabic and Sindhi is used as a baby girl name
- Kammy - Unexpected Kammy is originated from Japanese, Kammy means "Affectionate, Variant of Names Like Kamelia and Kamille and Young Attendant" is used as a baby girl name. Kammy is derived from Kami.
- Adla - Used mostly in Danish, Finnish and Norwegian, Adla aimed at girls, Adla means "Just, Fair Woman or Justice" has its origin in Arabic and Hebrew
- Shameem - Shameem's meaning is Breeze or Fragrant has origin in Afghan and is especially used in Arabic and Sindhi is used for both boys and girls
Namesakes of Armin
- Armin Hofmann, Swiss graphic designer
- Armin Otto Leuschner, American astronomer and educator
- Armin Joseph Deutsch, American astronomer and a science fiction writer
- Armin Hansen, prominent American painter of the en plein air school
- Armin von Gerkan, Baltic German classical archaeologist and member of an aristocratic family
- Armin Bittner, German former alpine skier
- Armin Assinger, former Austrian Alpine skier and current host of the Millionenshow and Domino Day
- Armin Mohler, Swiss-born far right political writer and philosopher associated with the Neue Rechte movement
- Armin D. Lehmann, Hitler Youth courier
- Armin Mair, Italian luger who competed from 1997 to 2005
- Armin Hary, retired German sprinter
- Armin Shimerman, American actor, voice actor and author
- Armin Mueller-Stahl, German film actor, painter and author
- Armin van Buuren, OON According to 'Djs And Festivals'
- Armin Laschet, German politician
- Armin T. Wegner, German soldier and medic
- Armin Zöggeler, retired Italian luger and double Olympic champion
- Armin Jordan, Swiss conductor
- Armin Kogler, Austrian former ski jumper
- Armin Luistro, Filipino Lasallian Brother
- Armin Schwarz, German rally driver
- Armin Abron, Periodontist, who practices in Washington
- Armin Veh, German former football midfielder and current manager
- Armin Kraaz, German football manager and former player
- Armin Reutershahn, German football coach and manager
- Armin Mahbanoozadeh, Iranian American figure skater
- Arminae Azarian in The Secretary as Actress
- Armin Falk is a German economist.
- Armin Rohde played important character of John Wallenbeck in 2005 action and adventure flick A Sound of Thunder.
- Armin Springer characterized small role of N in 1921 film Mrs. Tutti Frutti.
- In 2012 drama film, Reise mit Engeln, Armin Hägele characterized Mann auf Parkbank.
- In 1982, Armin Ackermann portrayed the role of Baron Childerich III in flick Die totale Familie.
Lists having Armin
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- Armenian Baby Names
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Soldier
- Baby Names that mean Army
- Baby Names that mean Man
- Baby Names that mean Son
- Baby Names that mean Whole
- Baby Names that mean Immense
- Baby Names that mean Universal
- Baby Names that mean Dweller
- Baby Names that mean Garden
- Baby Names that mean Strong
- Baby Names that mean Great