Dympna meaning and origin
Dympna mostly is used in Dutch, English and Gaelic has its origin in Celtic is a girl name. Dympna is version of Dymphna. Dymphna's meaning is Fawn is used principally in Dutch has its origin in Celtic.
Variants of Dympna
View middle names that goes with Dympna like Julianne, Axie, Emmaline, Nna,Names that rhyme with Dympna
Popularity of Dympna
Dympna is a familiar baby name in Ireland, it had been in use since 1964 and was last seen in 1994, during its 29 years of usage, it was able to reach the top 200 names. In 1964, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 109 on girl names chart when 56 babies were given the name Dympna. Over 480 babies in Ireland have been named Dympna. Also, Dympna is a familiar name in Northern Ireland, England and United States. As per our research, over 3000 babies have been bestowed Dympna around the globe.
What numerology tells about Dympna?
Be more flexible and less stubborn. Some would say that you are cold-hearted and insensitive but the truth is that you are the most sensitive person. You are an ambitious person, who's driven by success and high aspirations. If you have things to be handled, you handle them right away, without much waiting. You are the most passionate partner your lovers have ever had. Having letter A as your capstone in your name represents the independent and carefree life you are living.
Other names similar to Dympna
- Jildaz - Jildazs origin is Celtic, meaning of Jildaz is "Hair"
- Kane - Famed Kanes origin is French, Old Irish and Welsh is particulary used in Hawaiian and Japanese, Kane means "Golden Man or Battler" is used for both genders
- Ciarah - Unorthodox Ciarahs origin is Celtic is used as a girl name, meaning of Ciarah is "Clear, Bright and The Word Ciar Which is of the Meaning Black". Ciarah is resulted from Ciara.
- Gwen - Mainly used in English eternal and predominant, Gwen means "Happy, Form of Gwendolyn or White Ring" has its origin in Celtic, Old Welsh and Welsh is used for both sexes
- Palin - Recent and Sufficiently quirky Palin commonly is used in Kannada, Hindi and Bengali, meaning of Palin is "Protecting or Guarding" given to both genders is of Celtic origin
Namesakes of Dympna
We could not find any notable namesake.