Euphemia meaning and origin
Of Old Greek origin, Customary and Ceaseless Euphemia means "Good Speech, Of Good Repute, Eu Which Means Good Well or Sweetly-Spoken Well-Spoken Well-Regarded" and a girl name is predominantly used in Greek, Faroese, Norwegian, Danish, English, Swedish, Finnish and German. Euphemia is Latin cognate of The Greek Name Ευφημια = to Speak Well.
Variants of Euphemia
View middle names that goes with Euphemia like Denice, Jmia, Feline,Names that rhyme with Euphemia
Popularity of Euphemia
Euphemia is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1880 and was able to reach the top 800 names. In 1880, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 738 on girl names chart when 26 babies were named Euphemia. Over 675 people have been named Euphemia in United States. Euphemia is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales where it has been in use since 1996 and achieved its top ranking of 2350 in 1996.
Euphemia is a rare baby name in France where it may not be used now since it isn't seen since 2003. But Euphemia is a popular baby name in Nigeria where every 1 in 20000 have the name. At least, 20000 people globally have been given the name as per our findings.
Euphemia in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Euphemia
Love is most important in your life. Do what your heart tells you to do. Otherwise, you will end up unhappy. The soul is more important to you than your body. You are a natural leader who's respected by people. Letter A at the end of your name foreshadows your high ambition to become someone in life. You are a wise person. Make people feel responsible for their actions so they wouldn't hurt someone else the same way again.
Looking for names similar to Euphemia? Please go through the following names
- Agnel - Meaning of Agnel is Chaste or Innocent is originated from Greek
- Korudon - The boy name Korudon is commonly used in English and Greek. Its origin is in Old Greek, Korudon means "Helmeted One Crested One or Helmeted"
- Tiffaney - Meaning of Tiffaney is God's Appearance is a girl name. It is rooted from Old Greek is used substantially in English
- Steffie - Unorthodox Old Greek and Greek Steffie is used in Danish and English bestowed upon baby girls, meaning of Steffie is "Crowning"
- Akzel - Sufficiently quirky and Contemporary boy name Akzel means "Father of Peace and (God The) Father is Peace" came from Scandinavian and German. Akzel is variant spelling of Aksel.
Namesakes of Euphemia
- Euphemia I, Countess of Ross, Countess of Ross in her own right
- Euphemia Elphinstone, mistress of James V of Scotland and the mother of his son Robert Stewart
- Euphemia Welby, CBE
- Euphemia, According to tradition
- Euphemia Allen, British composer
- Euphemia of Sweden, Swedish princess, spouse of Albert II, Duke of Mecklenburg
- Euphemia de Ross, a member of Clan Ross
- Euphemia of Rügen, Queen consort of Norway as the spouse of Håkon V of Norway
- Euphemia Stewart, Countess of Strathearn, medieval Scottish noblewoman
Lists having Euphemia
- Girl names beginning with E
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Greek Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -mia
- Baby Names that mean Auspicious
- Baby Names that mean Speech
- Baby Names that mean Good
- Baby Names that mean Sweet