Christoph name meaning
What does Christoph mean?
Outlandish Christoph has its origin in Old Greek, Christoph means "Carrying Christ or Christ-Bearers" is a baby boy name is primarily used in German, Danish, Finnish, English, French, Swedish and Norwegian. Christoph is variant of prevalent and enduring Christopher. Christopher is English and German cognate of Christophorus. Originated from Old Greek, Curious Christopher, Christopher means "Christ-bearer and To Carry".
Could Christoph be an appropriate name for your new bundle of joy?
Christoph is an excellent name for a baby boy. It has Greek origins, and the meaning is "bearing Christ" which makes it a meaningful name to give your son. It has a strong, gentle sound and carries an aura of faith and devotion. Christoph will fit very well in any family or religious background; it provides a sense of security to your child as he grows up knowing that his name carries such positive connotations. As Christoph ages, his name will become even more meaningful to him as he realizes its special significance.
How do I pronounce Christoph?
The three syllabled name Christoph is pronounced, ch-risto-ph. The other ways to say the name is chr(is)-toph.
Variants of Christoph
Christophoros, Christophorus, Christopher, Chrisopher, Christo, Christoff, ChristopherjohnNames that rhyme with Christoph
How popular is the name Christoph?
Christoph is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1952 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 1969, it ranked 1439th when 32 boys were named Christoph. Over 1101 babies in United States have been named Christoph. The name is an uncommon baby name in still in use in England and Wales. In France, it had been in use since 1950 and made it to the top 800 but has appeared since 1996. Over 132 babies in France have been named Christoph. It had a short run of 6 years on Belgium boy names chart.
However things change on global perspective, Christoph is extremely popular in Germany where every 1 in 600 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Austria, DR Congo and Switzerland. According to our evaluation, at least 250000 people have been bestowed Christoph around the globe.
Christoph in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Christoph
You have to see it before it happens and you have to believe you can do this. The law of attraction is something you admire and use when it comes to achieving your goals. You have the reputation of making the same mistake twice and not following your heart, is what letter H as your capstone says about you. You are a passionate lover but take people for granted. You are not selfish but you are not naive as well.
Do you like Christoph? You would love these names
- Aleia - Of Germanic and Hebrew origin, Eminent Aleia is especially used in Swedish and Danish is aimed at baby girls. Aleia is Danish form of Alija
- Kathlene - Frequently Used Kathlene is originated from Old Greek, Kathlene means "Pretty and Beloved" is used for girls. Kathlene is derived from Karine.
- Hermilo means Little Hermes has origin in Old Greek is used customarily as a baby boy name
- Dorys - Curious girl name Dorys is of Old Greek origin, meaning of Dorys is "Name of a Place, From Doris and Woman of the Sea". Dorys is resulted from Doris.
- Eutiquio - The rare boy name Eutiquio is originated from Old Greek, Eutiquio means "Fortunate"
Sibling Names for Christoph
If you've chosen the name Christoph for your baby boy, you might be on the lookout for potential sibling names that will complement it. We've put together a list of unique and cute names for boys and girls that will go perfectly with Christoph. Take a look and see which ones catch your eye!
Sister for Christoph
Brother to Christoph
Famous people named Christoph
- Christoph Hartknoch, Prussian historian and educator
- Christoph Willibald Gluck, composer of Italian and French opera
- Christoph Gottfried Bardili, German philosopher and cousin of Friedrich Wilhelm Joseph Schelling
- Christoph Martin Wieland, German poet and writer
- Christoph Wilhelm Hufeland, German physician
- Christoph Feldegg, Austrian army officer and naturalist
- Christoph Ignaz Abele, Austrian jurist
- Christoph Scheiner, Jesuit priest
- Christoph Friedrich von Ammon, German theological writer and preacher
- Christoph Straus, Austrian composer, cantor and organist
- Christoph von Dohnányi, German conductor
- Christoph M. Kimmich, German-American historian
- Christoph Friedrich Nicolai, German writer and bookseller
- Christoph Badelt, current director of the Austrian Institute of Economic Research and professor at the Vienna University of Economics and Business
- Christoph Demantius, German composer, music theorist, writer and poet
- Christoph Schappeler, German religious figure, reformer
- Christoph Cellarius, German classical scholar from Schmalkalden
- Christoph Eschenbach, German-born pianist and conductor
- Christoph Süß, German cabaret artist and television presenter
- Christoph Ernst von Houwald, German dramatist and author
- Christoph Amberger, painter of Augsburg
- Christoph Probst, German student of medicine and member of the White Rose resistance group
- Christoph Blumhardt, German Lutheran theologian and one of the founders of Christian Socialism
- Christoph Hoffmann, was
- Christoph Gottfried Andreas Giebel, German zoologist and palaeontologist
- Christoph Meckel, German author and graphic artist
- Christoph Bernhard von Galen, was Prince-bishop of Münster
- Christoph Graupner, German harpsichordist and composer of high Baroque music
- Christoph Grienberger, Austrian Jesuit astronomer
- Christoph Dientzenhofer, prominent Bavarian architect of South-German
- Christoph Moufang, German Catholic theologian and diocesan administrator
- Christoph von Utenheim, was Bishop of Basel from 1502 until his resignation
- Christoph Arnold, German amateur astronomer
- Christoph Ruckhäberle, artist based in Leipzig
- Christoph Gottlieb von Murr, polymathic German scholar, based in Nuremberg
- Christoph Heemann, German musician
- Christoph Bieler, Austrian athlete competing in Nordic combined
- Christoph Schaffrath, - a German musician and composer of the late Baroque to Classical transition era
- Christoph I, Margrave of Baden-Baden, Margrave of Baden from 1475 to 1515
- Christoph Höhne, racewalker of the SV Dynamo
- Christoph Ernst Friedrich Weyse, Danish composer during the Danish Golden Age
- Christoph Krehl, German orientalist born in Meissen
- Christoph Schmidberger, painter based in Los Angeles
- Christoph von Lieven, Livonian nobleman, Russian general
- Christoph Eugen, Austrian nordic combined skier
- Christoph von Sigwart, German philosopher and logician
- Christoph Gudermann, German mathematician noted for introducing the Gudermannian function and the concept of uniform convergence
- Christoph Schönborn, Bohemian-born Austrian Dominican friar and theologian
- Christoph Meiners, German philosopher and historian, born in Warstade
- Christoph Bartholomäus Anton Migazzi, ; was Prince-Archbishop of Vienna
- Christoph Ludwig Agricola, German landscape painter and etcher
- Christoph Blocher, Swiss politician, industrialist
- Christoph Brandner, Austrian former professional ice hockey winger
- Christoph Wolff, German-born musicologist
- Christoph Schneider, German musician
Lists having Christoph
- Biblical Boy Names
- Boy names beginning with C
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Greek Boy Names
- Danish Boy Names
- Finnish Boy Names
- French Boy Names
- German Boy Names
- Norwegian Boy Names
- Swedish Boy Names
- Boy names that starts with Chris
- Baby Names that mean Carrying
- Baby Names that mean Christ