Daphne name meaning
What does Daphne mean?
Persistent and Pleasing Daphne majorly is used in Greek, English and German is a gender-neutral name. It is rooted from Old Greek, meaning of Daphne is "Laurel Tree".
How do I pronounce Daphne?
You can pronounce the three syllabled name Daphne as dah(f)-nee. There are multiple ways to say the baby name, i.e., d(a)-ph-ne.
Variants of Daphne
Daffie, Daffodil, Dafne, Daffeah, Daffy, Daffne
Nicknames for Daphne
If you are looking for a nickname for a baby named Daphne, There are plenty of choices
How popular is the name Daphne?
Daphne was a popular name in United States. Over 35858 babies have been given the name in 134 years. When at its peak in 1962, the moniker grabbed the 266th spot and 1132 baby girls were given the name. However after 134 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still performing better than most of the names. Additionally, the given name has been in the top 500 baby names 28 times
A common name in England and Wales having over 807 recievers in 23 years of usage. Currently the name is hotter than ever, it ranked 382nd when 117 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, Daphne used to be a common name in France, first appeared in 2010 and over 493 babies have been given the name in 9 years. When at the peak of its usage in 2010,. However after 9 years, the name is on free fall on the charts.
Daphne is a familiar baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 200 names. In 2015, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 168 on girl names chart when 82 babies were given the name Daphne. There are over 310 babies that have been given the name Daphne in Netherlands. Also, in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 1997, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 174 on girl names chart when 67 babies were given the name Daphne. Over 554 people have been named Daphne in Belgium.
Daphne is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, even after 21 years of use, it could not make it big. There are over 127 babies that have been given the name Daphne in Ireland. But Daphne is a popular baby name in Sierra Leone where every 1 in 300 have the name as well as in, England, South Africa, Jamaica and Canada. As per our evaluation, over 150000 babies have been bestowed Daphne around the globe.
Daphne in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Daphne?
You are an adventurer who follows his intuition. You want to achieve a great success and accomplish your dreams in order to prove yourself you can do it. You are an ambitious person, who's driven by success and high aspirations. If the letter D is your cornerstone, you are a determinate, but down to earth and self-reliant. You can turn from the excessive thinker into a careless child in no time.
Parents who liked Daphne, loved these names
- Aggi - Aggi's meaning is The Good and The Word Agathos with the Meaning Kind Good has origin in Old Greek and English given to both sexes is used prevalently in Danish, Swedish and Norwegian. Aggi is short of Agatha.
- Zenobie - The girl name Zenobie has its origin in Old Greek and Arabic, Zenobie means "Queen of Palmyra"
- Margaretha - Lofty and Conifer Margaretha came from Scandinavian, Slavic and Old Greek, meaning of Margaretha is "The Pearl" and is primarily used in Old Norse, Danish and Finnish is used for baby girls
- Andrietta - Unconventional Andrietta came from Old Greek language is a girl name, chiefly used in Swedish, English and Finnish, meaning of Andrietta is "Feminine Form of Andrew and Beautiful and Dared". Andrietta is resultant of Andrea.
- Akzel - Meaning of Akzel is (God The) Father is Peace and Father of Peace used for baby boys has its origin in English, German and Hebrew. Akzel is variant transcription of Aksel.
Middle names for Daphne
Here are some familiar and endearing middle names we think go great with Daphne, we've got you covered with these familiar and endearing middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Daphne.
Sibling Names for Daphne
Finding the perfect name for your little one can be a daunting task, but if you're considering the name Daphne, then we've got you covered. Whether you're looking to pair it with a sibling name that complements it perfectly or simply need some inspiration for other names, our list has got it all. Check out these fantastic sibling names for Daphne that are sure to leave you feeling inspired.
Sister for Daphne
Brother for Daphne
Famous people named Daphne
- Daphne Marlatt, Canadian poet and novelist who lives in Vancouver
- Daphne Rye, director, actress and casting director
- Daphne Merkin, American literary critic, essayist and novelist
- Daphne Jennings, She was elected as a Reform party candidate at the Mission—Coquitlam electoral district
- Daphne Arden, British athlete
- Daphne Fielding, Hon
- Daphne Bloomer, American actress
- Daphne Purves,
- Daphne Simeon, American psychiatrist
- Daphne Gottlieb, San Francisco-based performance poet
- Daphne Skillern, British police officer
- Daphne Phelps, British writer
- Daphne Koller, Israeli-American Professor
- Daphne Patai, American scholar and author
- Daphne Sheldrick, Kenyan-British author, conservationist and expert
- Daphne du Maurier, English author and playwright
- Daphne Oram, British composer and electronic musician
- Daphne Zuniga, American actress
- Daphne Maxwell Reid, American actress and comedian
- Daphne Rubin-Vega, Panamanian-American dancer, singer-songwriter
- Daphne Ashbrook, American actress
- Daphne Fowler, game show champion
- Daphne Heard, English actress and acting teacher
- Daphne Deckers, Dutch model, host, writer and occasional actress
- Daphne Akhurst, Australian tennis player
- Daphne Pollard, Australian-born vaudeville performer and dancer
- Daphne Berdahl, anthropologist
- Daphne Hampson, British theologian
- Daphne Oxenford, English actress, known for her early stage roles
- Daphne Touw, former field hockey goalkeeper
- Daphne Khoo, Singaporean singer
- Daphne Hasenjäger, sportsperson
- Daphne Anderson, English stage, film, and television actress
- Daphne Park, British spy
- Daphne Iking, Malaysian television personality
- Daphne Clair, and she also publishes poetry and articles
- Daphne Jongejans, retired female diver from the Netherlands,
- Daphne Pearson, English Women's Auxiliary Air Force NCO and later officer during World War II and one of only thirteen women recipients of the George Cross to date
- Daphne Guinness, British and Irish heiress, socialite, fashion designer, art collector
- In 1931 drama film, The Happy Ending, Daphne Courtney portrayed Mollie Craddock.
- Daphne Glenne, from 1918 crime, drama flick The Ticket-of-Leave Man, who characterized the May Edwards.
- In 1994 drama movie, Intimate with a Stranger, Daphne Nayar portrayed Michelle.
- Daphne Skoura, from 1961 adventure movie Neraida tis Manis, who played the Elen.
Lists having Daphne
- Boys names beginning with D
- Girls names beginning with D
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Baby Names that mean Laurel
- Baby Names that mean Tree