Gisele name meaning
What does Gisele mean?
Originated from Germanic, Customary Gisele is substantially used in Marathi, English, Danish, Malayalam, Norwegian, Hindi, Kannada, Oriya, Tamil, French, Gujarati, Swedish, Finnish, Telugu and Bengali, Gisele means "Pledge, Hostage or Oath" is aimed at girls. Gisele is form of celebrated Giselle. Giselle is French cognate of Gisèle. Giselle means Hostage and Pledge has origin in Old High German and Germanic.
What do we think of Gisele as a name for a newborn?
Gisele is a beautiful and unique name for a newborn girl. It originates from French and means Pledge; Hostage which is symbolic of a new beginning and the commitment to something special. The name implies a strong character and resilience which will be beneficial traits should she grow up with them. Gisele also offers a gentle sweetness which might be fitting for any little princess. It's a timeless name that has become increasingly popular in recent years, yet still retains its beauty and elegance. All in all, Gisele is an excellent choice for any future queen.
How do I pronounce Gisele?
The most common way to pronounce three syllabled Gisele is gi-se-le.
Variants of Gisele
Gissele, Giselle, Gisèle, Gieselle, Gisa, Giséle, Gisela, GazitNames that rhyme with Gisele
How popular is the name Gisele?
In United States, Gisele was once a common name since emerging in 1923 it has been given to over 4904 babies. When at the peak of its usage in 1957,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 88 years. Gisele is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales where it has been in use since 2002 and peaked in 2014 when it ranked 1702nd. There are over 145 babies that have been given the name Gisele in England and Wales. In France, first appeared in 2010 and is still in use.
However things change on global perspective, Gisele is extremely popular in Brazil where every 1 in 2000 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in DR Congo, Chad, Rwanda, Congo, Cameroon, Benin, Burundi, Canada and Ethiopia. According to our research, at least 470000 people have been bestowed Gisele around the globe.
What numerology tells about Gisele?
Don't make work your priority. Your decision to keep fighting for things even when they're falling apart sometimes ruins self-confidence. People admire your endless hope that things will get better in the world and your courage to do what others avoid to do. You always care more about other people's well-being and never find time to check how you are doing. You are the inspirational voice that your friends and family admire and are proud of.
Looking for a name like Gisele? Please go through the following names
- Marsh - Marsh's meaning is Steward or Horse-keeper is a unisex name, primarily used in Hindi, Gujarati and Marathi has origin in Old English
- Koa - Prevalent unisex name Koa is originated from Hawaiian, Koa means "A Fearless Man"
- Jessi - Widely Accepted unisex name Jessi means "God is Merciful, Gift of God or He (God) Beholds", used in Swedish, Kannada and Hindi is originated from Old Persian and Hebrew languages
- Lian - Preeminent Lian is used in Bengali and Oriya, Lian means "Graceful Willow or Lotus" used as a unisex name is rooted from Mandarin and Chinese
- Anibal - Eminent Anibal is used mainly in Spanish and Portuguese is originated from Phoenician is a gender-neutral name, Anibal means "Thanks to the God Baal or Grace of Baal"
Famous people named Gisele
- Gisele MacKenzie, Canadian-American singer, actress
- Gisele Bündchen, Brazilian model and actress
- Gisele Miró, former tennis player from Brazil
Lists having Gisele
- Girl names beginning with G
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- French Girl Names
- Hindi Girl Names
- Bengali Girl Names
- Gujarati Girl Names
- Kannada Girl Names
- Malayalam Girl Names
- Marathi Girl Names
- Tamil Girl Names
- Telugu Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Indian Girl Names
- Baby Names that mean Pledge
- Baby Names that mean Hostage
- Baby Names that mean Oath