Gordy meaning and origin
Unusual Gordy principally is used in English, meaning of Gordy is "From the Cornered Hill or Form of Gordon" which originated from Celtic is a boy name.Names that rhyme with Gordy
Popularity of Gordy
Gordy is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1908 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 1908, it ranked 1373rd when 27 boys were named Gordy. There are over 336 babies that have been given the name Gordy in United States. Also, Gordy is a familiar name in Canada. At least, 2000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our findings.
Here's what numbers has to say about Gordy
You like the natural flow of things. The letter G as a cornerstone in a name stands for independence, strong focus, intellectuality, daydreaming, and hard work. You have the ability to think outside the box and predict things before they happen. All you care about is your satisfaction. The vowel o as your first one in your name reveals you are an opportunist. When it comes to love, you like it the old fashioned way.
If you like Gordy, you would love these names
- Belana - Belana's meaning is Light Mother is specifically used in German and English and is rooted from Celtic is used as a girl name
- Kenna means Knowing or Beautiful has origin in Celtic bestowed upon both genders is used prevalently in Swedish, Finnish and Norwegian
- Parsifal - Substantially used in English, Finnish and Swedish, Parsifal is used as a boy name which came from Celtic and Old French, meaning of Parsifal is "Valley Penetrating or Pierce the Vale"
- Brigitta - Of Celtic origin, Queer Brigitta is used dominantly in Scandinavian and Icelandic, a girl name, Brigitta means "Sublime or The Exalted One"
- Keara - Meaning of Keara is The Black is originated from Old Irish and Celtic given to girls is used especially in English
Namesakes of Gordy
- Gordy Hoffman, American screenwriter and director
- Gordy Coleman, professional baseball first baseman
- Gordy Soltau, American football player