Grit meaning and origin
Girl name Grit is prevalently used in German, Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian and Danish has its roots in Old Greek, meaning of Grit is "The Pearl". Grit is short form of Margrit. Margrit is form of Margarita in Frisian and German languages. Origin of Margrit is in Old Greek, meaning of Margrit is "The Pearl". Grit is short of Margarete. Margarete is variant of famous and virtuous Marguerite. Also Margarete is variant form of virtuous and eminent Margareta. Meaning of Margarete is The Pearl and Russian Form of Margaret came from Old Greek and Latin. Grit is short of Margaret. Margaret is variant of well-known, pious and eternal Marguerite. Margaret is English equivalent of Margareta. Meaning of Margaret is The Pearl, Name of a Saint and Jewel came from Old Greek.
Variants of GritNames that rhyme with Grit
Popularity of Grit
Grit is a popular baby name in Germany where every 1 in 6000 have the name. At least, 10000 people globally have carried Grit as their given name according to our findings.
Grit in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Grit
You have high ideals. In order to change for better, stay away from those people and find yourself some new smart friends. Having letter T as your capstone represents your short temper and explosive personality. Helping people, protecting nature and animals are your main preoccupation. You need to open up to new adventures and experiences. You have the ability to think outside the box and predict things before they happen.
Looking for names similar to Grit? Please go through the following names
- Nicolaus - Nicolaus's meaning is Victory of the People used for boys used chiefly in Danish and Swedish has its origin in Old Greek
- Timofei especially is used in Danish, Swedish and Finnish used for baby boys is originated from Old Greek and Russian. Timofei is Nordic and Russian cognate of Timotheus
- Pierrel - Old Greek name Pierrel means "Little Rock", a boy name is substantially used in English
- Petrus - Unexpected choice and Modern boy name Petrus is chiefly used in Danish, English and Swedish, meaning of Petrus is "Rock or Stone" is originated from Old Greek and Greek
- Macairia - Macairia's meaning is Blessed has its origin in Greek
Namesakes of Grit
- Grit Breuer, former German athlete,
- Grit Hammer, retired German shot putter