Margarita meaning and origin
Dominant and Enduring Margarita commonly is used in Italian, Danish, Spanish, Lithuanian, English, Norwegian, Finnish and Swedish bestowed upon both boys and girls, meaning of Margarita is "The Pearl or Child of Light" is of Persian and Old Greek origin. Margarita is variant form of preeminent and virtuous Margaret. Margaret is a form of venerable and saintly Marguerite. Margaret is English cognate of Margareta. Margaret means Jewel and Name of a Saint has origin in Old Greek. Also Margarita is Latin cognate of The Greek Name Μαργαριτης Which is of Persian Origin. Margarita is celebrated on November 16.
Variants of Margarita
Margarit, Margaret, Marguerite, Margareta, Grieta, Margaux, Mamie, Tita, Margueritte, Annemargaret, Griet, Magga, Maret, Marga, Greta, Margau, Margeaux, Margot, Mammie, Maria, Mariam, Mariamne, Mirjam, Mary, Thita, Christina, Margueriette, Ann, Anna, Anders, Arne, Anne, GritNames that rhyme with Margarita
Popularity of Margarita
Margarita was among the popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1880 around 39653 babies have been given the moniker. When at its peak in 1950, 591 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 334th position. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 168 years. In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 500 baby names an astonishing 76 times Margarita is a unique baby name in France, it has been in use since 1921 and was able to reach the top 600 names. In 1966, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 560 on girl names chart when 28 babies were named Margarita. Over 460 babies in France have been named Margarita.
Margarita is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, even after 20 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 2000. Over 178 babies in England and Wales have been named Margarita. Also, it is uncommon in Ireland, where it has been in use since 1964 and peaked in 1964 when it ranked 300th. However things change on global perspective, Margarita is extremely popular in Mexico where every 1 in 200 have the name as well as in, Russia, Argentina, Colombia and Peru. Also the baby name is popular in Chile, Spain, Cuba, Guatemala, Philippines, Uzbekistan, Ukraine, Bolivia, Ecuador, Venezuela, Dominican Republic, Bulgaria, Greece, Belarus, Paraguay, Kazakhstan, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Albania, Costa Rica, Germany, Turkmenistan, Panama, Equatorial Guinea, Indonesia, Uruguay, Tajikistan, Puerto Rico and Israel. At least, 2330000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our findings.
Margarita in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Margarita
You always have the best ideas and persistence to realize each and one of them at work. You are born to be a singer, writer, actor, model, or a public speaker. When it comes to love, you are a passionate lover but hard to commit. Wait until you find the right one. You are radiant and people find it comfortable around you. You are reliable and always give the best advice. Instead of letting your past pull you back, travel to your future and focus on making plans on how to realize your goals.
Do you like Margarita? Read these names too
- Thiphaine - Thiphaine means "God or Luminous" is originated from Greek language
- Axelia - The girl name Axelia means "(God The) Father is Peace and Father and Peace" is of Old Greek and Hebrew origin is used largely in Finnish and Swedish. Axelia is a feminine form of Axel.
- Elina - Originated from Old Greek, Prevalent and Ceaseless Elina is primarily used in Malayalam and Icelandic, Elina means "Light, Pure or the Other" is used for baby girls
- Nerissa - Originated from Italian and Old Greek, Offbeat Nerissa is principally used in English and is used for baby girls, Nerissa means "Sea Nymph or Daughter of the Sea"
- Corinne - Darling and Ever lasting unisex name Corinne means "Maiden or Virgin", rooted from Old Greek is used in French and Swedish
Namesakes of Margarita
- Margarita Galinovskaya, Russian archer
- Margarita Starkevičiūtė, member of EU institutions' advisory boards on financial markets and the digital economy
- Margarita Beatriz Luna, Mexican jurist
- Margarita Nazarova, Russian circus performer best
- Margarita Fischer, American actress
- Margarita Michelena, Her parents were Spaniards
- Margarita Cedeño de Fernández, current Vice-President of the Dominican Republic
- Margarita Azurdia, feminist Guatemalan sculptor, painter, poet
- Margarita Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, wife of Tsar Simeon II of Bulgaria
- Margarita Aliger, Soviet poet, translator, and journalist
- Margarita López, former New York City Council Member
- Margarita Xirgu, Spanish stage actress
- Margarita Moran-Floirendo, pageant titleholder
- Margarita Drobiazko, Lithuanian ice dancer
- Margarita Prentice, former Washington State Senator
- Margarita Zavala, Mexican lawyer and politician
- Margarita Cordova, American television actress
- Margarita Levieva, Russian-American actress
- Margarita Fomina, curler from Moscow, Russia
- Margarita Rosa de Francisco, Colombian telenovela, movie actress
- Margarita Sierra, Spanish-American singer, dancer
- Margarita Isabel, Mexican Ariel Award-winning film and television actress
- Margarita Tamargo-Sanchez, prominent pharmacist and bacteriologist in Cuba
- Margarita Terekhova, Soviet and Russian film and theatre actress
- Margarita Ostolaza, former member of the Senate of Puerto Rico
- Margarita Pidgeon in The Matrix Revolutions as Make-Up Department
- Margarita Merkel in May I Kill U? as Actress
- Margarita Prestopino in Baby Bomber as Actress
- Margarita Giliadov in Kingdom Come as Actress
- Margarita Hall in Lesbian Vampire Killers as Actress
- Margarita Fernández in Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi as Actress
- Margarita Fuentes in Anna Luna as Actress
- Margarita Breitkreiz in Gram as Actress
- Margarita Lucia Krauss in La vita è bella as Actress
- Margarita Abella Caprile was an Argentine writer, winner of the Honor Prize of the SADE 1950 and the Municipal Prize of Literature 1938.
- Director Margarita Alexandre, known for movie El Vaquero and the Girl
- Margarita Andrey portrayed central character of Beatriz de Mascarenhas in 1946 drama, romance movie La mantilla de Beatriz.
- Margarita Beer, from 1926 drama movie Un drama en la aristocracia, who played Marr Toledo.
- Margarita Chudinova played the central character of Ani Radeva in 1972 drama flick 10 dni neplateni.
- In 1943 drama film, Los miserables, Margarita Cortés characterized Eponina Thenadier.
- Margarita Dubertrand, from 1916 drama movie El beso fatal, who characterized N.
- In 1947, Margarita Gromyko characterized the role of Maryte as a little girl in drama movie Maryte.
- In 1982, Margarita Lobko characterized the role of N in drama movie My zhili po sosedstvu.
- In 1919 movie, ¿Sueño o realidad?, Margarita Miró characterized N.
- In 1954, Margarita Papageorgiou characterized the role of Maria in crime, drama movie Magiki polis.
- Margarita del Prado, from 1926 movie Sangre azul y sangre roja, who characterized the N.
- In 1942, Margarita Robles characterized the role of Tía María Del Olmo in comedy, drama flick La condesa María.
- Margarita Volodina portrayed the leading role of Lyuda in 1969 romance film Kazhdyy vecher v odinnadtsat.
- Margarita Amuchástegui, from 1971 crime, horror film The Slaughter, who characterized Angelica.
- In 2011, Margarita Kravtsova portrayed the role of N in comedy, crime flick Dva pistoleta. Neulovimyy Brilliant.
- In 1954 flick, Corazón fiel, Margarita Canale played N.
- In 1998, Margarita Milan portrayed the role of Diana in drama, romance movie Pag dumikit kumakapit.
- Margarita Anthidou played leading character of N in 1987 movie I simoria tou kipou.
Lists having Margarita
- Boys names beginning with M
- Girls names beginning with M
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Persian Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Lithuanian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Boy names that starts with Mar
- Girl names that ends with -ita
- Baby Names that mean Pearl
- Baby Names that mean Child
- Baby Names that mean Light
- Baby Names that mean Latinate
- Baby Names that mean Flower