Gust meaning and origin
Gust is form of renowned and enduring Gus. Meaning of Gus is Sole and Moslem Teacher is originated from Celtic and Old Norse.
Variants of GustNames that rhyme with Gust
Popularity of Gust
Gust is common in Belgium where over 1281 new-borns have been given the name since 1996. Presently peaked at the charts, it ranked 54th when 157 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Gust is a familiar baby name in United States, it had been in use since 1880 and was last seen in 1984, during its 97 years of usage, it was able to reach the top 400 names. In 1887, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 330 on boy names chart when 59 babies were given the name Gust. Over 1871 people have been named Gust in United States.
Also, Gust is a familiar name in Luxembourg and Indonesia. At least, 3000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our research.
Gust in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Gust
You have a crazy and unusual life. With time you will see that working something you hate just for the money isn't worth it. So, why don't you chase your dreams instead? Although it's all sunshine and rainbow for you now, remember that angry and frustrated people are still out there, capable of hurting you. People aren't always as nice as they seem. And your gentle heart can't take disappointments.
If you like Gust, you would love these names
- Down - Infrequent unisex name Down is especially used in English, Down means "Fortress" is originated from Celtic
- Gwenole - Originated from Celtic, Gwenole means "Happy or Valiant"
- Nilson - Queer boy name Nilson means "Son of Neil" and is used prevalently in English is originated from English and Celtic languages
- Kyllian - Origin of Atypical and Modernistic Kyllian is in Celtic and Old Irish, meaning of Kyllian is "Gaillard or War" bestowed upon boys is used particulary in French
- Ciera - Well-Known unisex name Ciera is largely used in Irish and English. Its origin is in Celtic and Spanish, meaning of Ciera is "Mountain Range or Sierra"
Namesakes of Gust
- Gust E. Lundberg, founder of the Sandy's fast-food restaurant chain and Laureate of the American National Business Hall of Fame
- Gust Avrakotos, American case officer and Afghan Task Force Chief for the United States Central Intelligence Agency
- Gust Zarnas, college football All-American and professional football player
- Gust J. Swenning, American sailor
- Gusti Kreissl in Angst essen Seele auf as Actress
- Gust Van den Berghe in movie Lucifer as Director
- Gust Alexander portrayed leading role of God in 2009 comedy movie The God Complex.
Lists having Gust
- Boy names beginning with G
- American Boy Names
- Celtic Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Latin Boy Names
- Norse Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in Belgium (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Staff
- Baby Names that mean Sole
- Baby Names that mean Teacher
- Baby Names that mean Worthy
- Baby Names that mean Respect
- Baby Names that mean Dignified
- Baby Names that mean Prosperity