Augustus name meaning
On This Page
What does Augustus mean?
Augustus's meaning is Revered, Exalted, Worthy of Respect, Great or Venerable, Magnificent, Majestic, The August, The Dignified, Great, Magnificent, Venerable or To Increase used for both sexes used mainly in Hindi, Finnish, English, Norwegian, Swedish and Danish is originated from Latin.
Augustus is a version of venerable and saintly Augustine. Augustine is form of unfading and widely accepted August. Also Augustine is form of imperishable and renowned Augustina. Augustine is feminine form of Augustin.
Originated from Latin, Popular and All time favorite Augustine, Augustine means "Dignity, August Dignified Holy and Majestic". Augustus is form of long standing and widely accepted August. August is variation of darling and perpetual Augustus.
August is a short of Augustine. Illustrous and Conifer August's origin is Latin, meaning of August is "Holy, Month of the Sun and The August".
How does Augustus feel as a baby name?
Augustus is a unique and powerful name that carries a sense of grandeur and significance. As a baby boy name, it distinguishes itself from more common names with its strong Latin origin and regal connotations.
It is associated with the greatness and magnificence of the Roman emperor Augustus, who was revered for his leadership, wisdom, and accomplishments. The name Augustus invokes a sense of strength, intelligence, ambition, and charisma that is sure to leave an impression on all who hear it.
Its timeless appeal makes it a classic choice for parents who want to give their child an unforgettable name that will stand the test of time.
How do I pronounce Augustus?
The most common way to pronounce two syllabled Augustus is a(u)-gus-tus. Some people pronounce it as aug(u)-stus.
Variants of Augustus
Nicknames for Augustus
Common nicknames for the child named Augustus include:Names that rhyme with Augustus
How popular is the name Augustus?
Augustus was among the popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1880 around 16933 babies have been given the name. At the peak of its usage in 1880, 728 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 175th position.
However after 141 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still performing better than most of the names. In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 500 baby names an amazing 53 times
Augustus is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 800 names.
In 1997, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 759 on boy names chart when 28 babies were named Augustus. There are over 408 babies that have been given the name Augustus in England and Wales.
But Augustus is a popular baby name in Nigeria where every 1 in 20000 have the name as well as in Ghana. At least, 30000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our findings.
Augustus in Nordic countries
Here's what numbers has to say about Augustus
You have a great sense of humor and it's probably not the first time you hear it. You are the most sensitive person is what number 11 reveals about your personality. Your decision to keep fighting for things even when they're falling apart sometimes ruins self-confidence. Focus on what's important to you rather than focusing on making other people content. You want to shout it out to the world that not everyone has to think or behave the same.
Go through the following names similar to Augustus
- Milka - Originated from Hebrew, Latin and Slavonic, Offbeat Milka generally bestowed upon girls, Milka means "Queen" is used particulary in Greenlandic, Slavic and Finnish
- Purves - Boy name Purves means "Purveyor" has its origin in Latin is used mostly in English
- Violette - Durable and Acclaimed Violette specifically is used in Finnish and Swedish came from Latin and English used as a baby girl name, meaning of Violette is "Violet Flower or Viola"
- Aureliusz - Meaning of Aureliusz is Golden-Haired, The Elements Aureus Meaning Golden and Gold Made used for boys has its origin in Latin is used mainly in Polish. Aureliusz is derivation of Aurelius.
- Nataleah - Recent and Sufficiently quirky English and Latin Nataleah means "To be Born-from Natalia and Birth" is bestowed upon girls. Nataleah is resultant of Natalie.
Sibling Names for Augustus
Here are some great sibling names for your baby boy named Augustus. These names complement Augustus well and have different styles and origins to choose from. Whether you want a traditional or modern name, this list has something for everyone.
Names for Augustus's sister
Brother to Augustus
Famous people named Augustus
- Augustus FitzRoy, 3rd Duke of Grafton, British Whig statesman of the Georgian era
- Augustus Toplady, Anglican cleric and hymn writer
- Augustus F. Goodridge, Newfoundland merchant and politician
- Augustus Nicholas Burke, artist and a member of the Royal Hibernian Academy
- Augustus Noble Hand, American judge
- Augustus D. Juilliard, American businessman and philanthropist
- Augustus Lowell, businessman and philanthropist from Massachusetts
- Augustus Wall Callcott, English landscape painter
- Augustus C. Baldwin, politician from the U.S. state of Michigan
- Augustus William Hare, son of Francis Hare-Naylor
- Augustus Ludlow, officer
- Augustus Egg, Victorian artist best
- Augustus Charles Hobart-Hampden, English naval captain and Ottoman admiral
- Augustus Akinloye, of Ibadanland
- Augustus William, Duke of Brunswick-Bevern, Prussian soldier, son of Ernest Ferdinand
- Augustus FitzRoy, 7th Duke of Grafton, second son of Henry FitzRoy
- Augustus Berkeley, 4th Earl of Berkeley, son of Vice-Admiral James Berkeley
- Augustus the Younger, Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg,
- Augustus William, Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg, a member of the House of Welf
- Augustus Earle, London-born travel artist
- Augustus Warren Baldwin, naval officer and political figure in Upper Canada
- Augustus P. Cooke, mid-19th century United States Navy officer
- Augustus Stafford, British landowner and Conservative Party politician
- Augustus Daniel, Director of the National Gallery
- Augustus Hooper, merchant
- Augustus Short, first Anglican bishop of Adelaide, South Australia
- Augustus Chapman Allen, along with his younger brother, John Kirby Allen
- Augustus Shears, sixth and youngest son of Daniel Towers Shears, a partner of James Shears and Sons
- Augustus Quirinus Rivinus, German physician and botanist
- Augustus Young, Young worked
- Augustus Volney Waller, British neurophysiologist
- Augustus Desiré Waller, British physiologist and the son of Augustus Volney Waller
- Augustus Schoonmaker Jr., Augustus Schoonmaker Jr
- Augustus Rhodes Sollers, American politician
- Augustus Daniel Imms, English educator
- Augustus Abbott, army officer in the British East India Company
- Augustus Buckland, British divine and writer
- Augustus A. Beekman, 23rd New York City Fire Commissioner
- Augustus Smith, was Lord Proprietor of the Isles of Scilly for over thirty years
- Augustus Glossop Harris, British actor and theatre manager
- Augustus Braun Kinzel, noted American metallurgist and first president of the National Academy of Engineering
- Augustus Toebbe, second bishop of Covington, Kentucky
- Augustus Jackson, African-American candy confectioner
- Augustus Alt, British soldier and Australia's first Surveyor-General
- Augustus N. Allen, architect
- Augustus Pitt Rivers, English officer in the British Army, ethnologist
- Augustus Addison Gould, American conchologist and malacologist
- Augustus Edward Hough Love, mathematician famous for his work on the mathematical theory of elasticity
- Augustus Radcliffe Grote, British entomologist who worked mainly in America
- Augustus Tolton, first Roman Catholic priest in the United States publicly known to be black when he was ordained
- Augustus John, Welsh painter, draughtsman, and etcher
- Augustus Pugin, English architect, designer, artist
- Augustus Pablo, Jamaican roots reggae and dub record producer
- Augustus II the Strong, of the Albertine line of the House of Wettin was Elector of Saxony
- Augustus III of Poland,
Lists having Augustus
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Baby Names that mean Exalted
- Baby Names that mean Worthy
- Baby Names that mean Respect
- Baby Names that mean Great
- Baby Names that mean Magnificent
- Baby Names that mean Venerable
- Baby Names that mean Majestic
- Baby Names that mean Dignified
- Baby Names that mean Increase