Gwenhwyfar meaning and origin
Girl name Gwenhwyfar is rooted from Celtic and Old Welsh, meaning of Gwenhwyfar is "White, Fair, Smooth, White, Shining, Holy or Smooth, Soft Or Welsh Hwyfar = Phantom, Spirit, Fairy" is used notably in Swedish, Finnish, English and Welsh languages. Gwenhwyfar is variant form of Guinevere. Guinevere is Old French cognate of Gwenhwyfar. Guinevere means White and Smooth, Soft and The Elements Gwen Meaning White Fair Blessed Holy is of Old Welsh origin.
Variants of GwenhwyfarNames that rhyme with Gwenhwyfar
Popularity of Gwenhwyfar
Gwenhwyfar is an uncommon name around the world.
Numerological aspects of Gwenhwyfar
You often get involved with people who have a hard time to express how they actually feel. You are often seen as the wise weirdo who doesn't talk much. Negative people steal your energy and leave you drained and unwilling to do the things you want to do like express your feelings in a creative manner. Follow your dreams and heart instead of rules. Replace your comfort zone with adventures and the fear of the unknown with excitement to experience and learn new things.
Do you like Gwenhwyfar? Other names you would love
- Medb - Medb's meaning is Intoxicating, She who Makes Drunk is used as a baby girl name is rooted from Celtic
- Jézabelle is originated from Celtic, Jézabelle means "Lord or Generous"
- Alania - Anomalous Alania came from Celtic and Hawaiian bestowed upon girls, meaning of Alania is "Dear Child and Precious". Alania is resulted from Alanis.
- Bard - Specifically used in Swedish and Danish unexpected, Bard came from Celtic and is used for baby boys, meaning of Bard is "A Singer-poet or One who Sings Ballads"
- Maëlan - The Maëlan is originated from Celtic, Maëlan means "Lord or Prince"
Namesakes of Gwenhwyfar
We could not find any notable namesake.