Gwenn meaning and origin
Of Breton, Celtic and Old Welsh origin, Offbeat Gwenn bestowed upon baby girls, Gwenn means "White or Happy" is mostly used in Breton. Gwenn is variant of Guinevere. Guinevere is equivalent of Gwenhwyfar in Old French language. Queer Guinevere is originated from Old Welsh, Guinevere means "Fair One, White and Smooth and The Elements Gwen Meaning White Fair Blessed Holy". Gwenn is a variant spelling of Gwen. Gwen is diminutive of Gwendolin. Also Gwen is short version of Gwendolen. Gwen is also a shortened form of Gwyneth. Rare Gwen came from Welsh, Old Welsh and Celtic is used particulary in English, meaning of Gwen is "Fair and Form of Gwendolyn". It is celebrated on October 18th.
Variants of Gwenn
View middle names that goes with Gwenn like Lica, Joia, Jocelyne, Chie,Names that rhyme with Gwenn
Popularity of Gwenn
Gwenn is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1918 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 1955, it ranked 1253rd when 65 girl were named Gwenn. Over 1491 people have been named Gwenn in United States. Also, in France, it has been in use since 1958 and was able to reach the top 700 names. In 1978, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 633 on boy names chart when 51 babies were named Gwenn. There are over 1772 babies that have been given the name Gwenn in France.
Gwenn is a rare baby name in Belgium, chances of it being still in use are very slim as it was last seen in 2006. Also, Gwenn is a familiar name in Philippines. At least, 3000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our estimate.
Gwenn in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Gwenn
Your life dream is to become a role model and inspire people. You have high ideals. You desire to change constantly and you get easily bored. Relationships make you feel trapped. You don't believe in rules and restrictions. You make your own rules. You like to help but when you are the one needing help, you rely on yourself first. You are a dreamer but not like the ones you know who don't do anything but daydream.
Do you like Gwenn? Read these names too
- Bar - Used specifically in English and Hebrew far-out, Bar means "One who Sings Ballads, Earth or Place Name" used as a gender insensitive name is rooted from Celtic and Old English
- Gaëlig means Who Invaded the British Isles or Settled In Wales, The Gaels or Celtic Tribe is of Celtic origin
- Malcom - Illustrous and Evergreen unisex name Malcom is used majorly in English, Swedish and Danish. Its origin is in Celtic and Old Irish, meaning of Malcom is "Disciple of Saint Columba"
- Camera - Uncustomary Camera is used chiefly in English aimed at girls and originated from Celtic, Camera means "Clan, Crooked Nose and Crooked Stream". Camera is derivation of Cameron.
- Connan - The odd boy name Connan is used mainly in Scottish and Irish has its origin in Celtic and Welsh, Connan means "High"
Namesakes of Gwenn
- Gwennie Tam in Shadow Mask as Actress
- Gwenn Mitchell in Shaft as Actress
- Gwenn Summers in Club Sin as Actress