Jude name meaning
On This Page
What does Jude mean?
Originated from Hebrew, Admired Jude means "Generosity, Praised or Who Gives Glory to Yahweh" and usually is given to both genders is used substantially in Arabic, English, Tamil and Latin. Jude is a shortened form of Judah.
Judah is English equivalent of Juda. Of Hebrew origin, Famous Judah, Judah means "Praised He who is Praised and Praised". It is celebrated on October 28.
How does Jude sound as a baby name?
Jude is a unique and popular name for baby boys. It has become increasingly popular in recent years because of its simplicity and distinctive sound.
Its Greek origin means Praised, which makes it a meaningful choice for parents looking to give their child a name with positive connotations. Jude has also been associated with famous musicians like The Beatles' lead guitarist, George Harrison's song "Hey Jude" which portrays the message of hope and encouragement.
This name is simple, easy to spell and easy to pronounce; making it an excellent fit for parents looking for something unique but not too unusual. Overall, Jude is a great choice for those seeking an unforgettable yet straightforward baby name.
How do I pronounce Jude?
Two syllabled Jude is pronounced as j(u)-de.
Variants of Jude
Nicknames for Jude
Baby name Jude is already a short name, but some possible candidates include:Names that rhyme with Jude
How popular is the name Jude?
Jude was a popular name in United States. Over 39305 babies have been given the first name in 177 years. At its zenith in 2011, the moniker grabbed the 155th spot and 2660 baby boys were given the name.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 177 years but still dominating the charts. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 500 baby names 16 times Also, Jude is a popular in England and Wales where over 14376 new-borns have been given the name since 1996.
When at its peak in 2017, it ranked 50th when 1288 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 50 baby names 1 times
Jude is a common name in New South Wales given to over 210 babies in 2 years.
Recently the name is rising, in 2019, it ranked 83rd when 108 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Also, Jude was a common name in Victoria. Over 106 babies have been named Jude since 2019.
At its zenith in 2019,. After 1 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Jude is a familiar baby name in France, it has been in use since 1901 and was able to reach the top 400 names.
In 1901, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 361 on boy names chart when 61 babies were given the name Jude. Over 1224 babies in France have been named Jude.
Jude is a unique baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1965 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 1967, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 110 on boy names chart when 42 babies were named Jude.
Over 741 people have been named Jude in Ireland. Jude is an uncommon baby name in Belgium still in use today. Jude is a rare baby name in New South Wales however it is still in use.
There are over 210 babies that have been given the name Jude in New South Wales. And also in Victoria. There are over 106 babies that have been given the name Jude in Victoria.
However things change on global perspective, Jude is extremely popular in Nigeria where every 1 in 2000 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Sri Lanka, Haiti, Ghana, Philippines, Uganda and Cameroon.
At least, 260000 people globally have carried Jude as their given name according to our research.
Jude in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Jude?
Most people enjoy having you around. You have a bossy nature in love. You have a smile that says: “You will regret this because I'm a born winner”. Not being focused on building an impressive career doesn't mean you should stay uneducated and blind. You never take love relationships seriously in order to avoid disappointment. You lack real friends. You solve problems systematically and diplomatically.
Looking for a name like Jude? Please go through the following names
- Elianna - Well-Liked Hebrew and Latin Elianna means "My God is Yahweh" is a girl name is used mostly in Swedish and Danish
- Ingenuus - Boy name Ingenuus means "Freeman" is rooted from Latin
- Donatilla - Of Latin origin, Donatilla means "Donated" mostly used in Italian
- Adrina - Offbeat Latin Adrina bestowed upon baby girls, meaning of Adrina is "Square Room and From Adria" is mostly used in English. Adrina is short of Adriana.
- Sylvaine - Sylvaine's meaning is Forest has its origin in Latin
Famous people named Jude
- Jude Wanniski, American journalist, conservative commentator
- Jude the Apostle, was one of the Twelve Apostles of Jesus
- Jude Monye, Nigerian athlete who specializes in the 400 metres
- Jude Dibia, Nigerian novelist
- Jude Speyrer, American prelate of the Roman Catholic Church
- Jude Law, English actor
- Jude Watson, American author of books for middle grade
- Jude Ciccolella, American character actor
- Jude Bolton, former professional Australian rules football player
- Jude Deveraux, American author
- Jude Cole, American singer-songwriter, manager
- Jude Abbott, English musician
- Jude Kuring, Australian actress
- Jude Kelly, British theatre director and producer
- Jude Stirling, English former footballer who plays as a defender
- Jude Menezes, former field hockey goalkeeper from India
- Jude Johnstone, American singer-songwriter
- Jude Drouin, Canadian retired ice hockey forward
- Jude St. John, Jude St
- Jude Acers, chess master, showman, and chess author/writer
Lists having Jude
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with J
- Girls names beginning with J
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Praised
- Baby Names that mean Glory
- Baby Names that mean Yahweh