Mahlon name meaning
On This Page
What does Mahlon mean?
Of Hebrew origin, Admired and Enduring Mahlon is predominantly used in English and a gender insensitive name, Mahlon means "Mild". Mahlon is variant form of acclaimed and biblical Marlon. Marlon is form of imperishable and renowned Mahlon.
Marlon is diminutive of Marc. Also Marlon is short form of Markus. Marlon is form of Merlin in French language. Also Marlon is equivalent of Marc in English and French languages.
Marlon's meaning is God of War Mars Ordained and Dedicated to Mars (The Roman God of War) is of Celtic and Old English origin.
Is the name Mahlon suitable for a newborn?
Mahlon is a unique baby boy name of Hebrew origin. It has a special quality that sets it apart from other names. The name means "Sick" and is often associated with strength and perseverance in the face of adversity.
Its uniqueness makes it an attractive choice for parents looking for something different and meaningful for their baby boys.
How do I pronounce Mahlon?
Two syllabled Mahlon is pronounced as ma(h)-lon.
Variants of MahlonNames that rhyme with Mahlon
How popular is the name Mahlon?
Mahlon is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1880 and was able to reach the top 500 names. In 1896, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 481 on boy names chart when 95 babies were given the name Mahlon.
Over 5263 babies in United States have been named Mahlon. The given name is an uncommon baby name in France where it is still in use. Also, Mahlon is a familiar name in Kenya, Canada, Indonesia and Solomon Islands.
As per our estimate, over 5000 people has been named Mahlon globally.
What numbers say about Mahlon?
If you have letter N as your capstone, you like to think outside the box. In fact, you don't even know where the box is. You can't imagine enjoying a normal life like many people do. You are the original fellow everyone admires. Travelling is your passion. Letter N as your capstone represents your sixth sense and strong intuition. You are enthusiastic, always do something productive, however, you lack creativity. In order to refuel your soul with creativity, travel, or do something unusual for you.
Looking for a name like Mahlon? Please go through the following names
- Michaelyn - Unheard-of Michaelyns origin is Hebrew, meaning of Michaelyn is "Who Resembles God, Latinate Female Version of Michael and Feminine of Michael" is used as a girl name. Michaelyn is resulted from Michaela.
- Thomassin - Thomassin's meaning is Twin is of Hebrew origin
- Ishma - The boy name Ishma is used principally in Marathi and Hindi has its origin in Hebrew, Ishma means "Superior"
- Jerryco - Boy name Jerryco means "City of the Moon, City of Fragrance and In the Bible Jericho was a Canaan City Destroyed when Its Walls Fell Down" is originated from Hebrew. Jerryco is derived from Jericho.
- Guiseppina - Guiseppina's meaning is He (God) Will Add or God Adds given to baby girls, used substantially in Italian is originated from Hebrew
Middle names for Mahlon
Just in case, you don't know what to pair with Mahlon, we've got you covered with these flying high and prevailing middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Mahlon.
Famous people named Mahlon
- Mahlon and Chilion, were two brothers mentioned in the Book of Ruth
- Mahlon Burwell, surveyor and political figure in Upper Canada
- Mahlon Higbee, Major League Baseball outfielder
- Mahlon Hoagland, American biochemist who discovered transfer RNA
- Mahlon Pitney, American jurist and Republican Party politician
- Mahlon Dickerson Manson, druggist, Indiana politician
- Mahlon Morris Garland, Republican member of the U.S. House of Representatives
- Mahlon Clark, member of the Lawrence Welk orchestra
- Mahlon Todd Williams in The ABCs of Death 2 as Cinematographer
- Mahlon Richmond in Kidco as Actor
- Mahlon Bouldin in short Paper Clips as Composer
- Mahlon Hamilton, from 1920 drama flick Half a Chance, who portrayed John Steele.
- Mahlon Foreman, from 1969 drama, fantasy film Eggshells, who portrayed Mahlon.
Lists having Mahlon
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with M
- Girls names beginning with M
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Girl names that starts with Mah
- Boy names that ends with -lon
- Baby Names that mean Mild