Marinus name meaning
On This Page
What does Marinus mean?
Origin of Unwonted Marinus is in Latin, meaning of Marinus is "Of the Sea or Sea Which Belong", specifically used in Scandinavian, Swedish, Norwegian, German, Dutch, Danish and Finnish is used as a boy name .
Marinus is variant of durable and prevailing Marius. Marius is form of timeless and commonly accepted Mario. Marius is masculine version of [Maria. Marius means Sea and Mars is originated from Latin.
Marinus is masculine form of Marie. Marie is variant form of desirable, conifer and biblical Maria. Marie is equivalent of Mary in German, English and French languages. Also Marie is Norwegian and Danish equivalent of Maria.
Meaning of Marie is Rebellion and Wished-for Child is originated from Hebrew.
How do I pronounce Marinus?
The most common way to pronounce three syllabled Marinus is m(a)-ri-nus.
Variants of MarinusNames that rhyme with Marinus
How popular is the name Marinus?
Marinus is a familiar baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 300 names. Recently in 2017, 65 babies were given Marinus and it reached its peak ranking, 242 on boy names chart.
There are over 308 babies that have been given the name Marinus in Netherlands. Marinus is an uncommon baby name in United States, 29 years of presence was not sufficient to save the name and it finally disappeared in 1950.
Over 266 babies in United States have been named Marinus.
But Marinus is a popular baby name in Indonesia where every 1 in 50000 have the name. According to our evaluation, at least 10000 people have been bestowed Marinus around the globe.
Marinus in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Marinus
Learn to be strong and perceptive. The letter M as your cornerstone reveals you are a workhorse, meaning you enjoy working more than you enjoy anything else. You are dominant in your circle of friends. You are daring and courageous. Changes don't represent a problem for you. On the contrary, you are all about change. Deep inside you want someone to take over your dominance and take over the control.
Other names liked by would be moms that are similar to Marinus
- Idus - Anomalous Latin Idus is used specifically in Swedish, meaning of Idus is "Ides, Possibly from Latin Iduare = to Divide" is given to baby boys
- Markas - Unconventional boy name Markas means "Dedicated to Mars (The Roman God of War) and Dedicated to the God Mars" is originated from Latin language. Markas is resultant of Markus.
- France-annie - France-annie means "Free or Graceful" came from Hebrew and Latin
- Fantasea - Meaning of Fantasea is Fantasy aimed at baby girls has its origin in Latin. Fantasea is resulted from Fantasia.
- Tricha - Unusual Tricha is used particulary in English, Tricha means "Female Version of Patrick and Noblewoman". Its origin is in Latin is bestowed upon baby girls. Tricha is short form of Patricia.
Famous people named Marinus
- Marinus van der Goes van Naters, Dutch nobleman and politician
- Marinus Vertregt, Dutch astronomer
- Marinus van Dam, was one of the first employees at The Herman Goelitz Candy Company
- Marinus van Reymerswaele, Dutch Renaissance painter mainly
- Marinus II of Gaeta, son of Docibilis II of Gaeta and Orania of Naples
- Marinus I of Naples, Duke of Naples from 919 to his death
- Marinus II of Naples, Duke of Naples from 968 to his death
- Marinus of Tyre, Greek or Hellenized, possibly Phoenician
- Saint Marinus, founder of a chapel and monastery, in 301
- Marinus van der Lubbe, Dutch council communist tried
- Marinus Willett, American soldier and political leader
- Marinus Dijkhuizen, Dutch football manager, coach and former player
- Actor Marinus Brand, notable for movie Xaver
Lists having Marinus
- Boy names beginning with M
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Latin Boy Names
- Danish Boy Names
- Dutch Boy Names
- Finnish Boy Names
- German Boy Names
- Norwegian Boy Names
- Swedish Boy Names
- Boy names that starts with Mar
- Baby Names that mean Sea