Tora meaning and origin
The curious and venerable unisex name Tora is of Old Norse, Japanese and Latin origin used prevalently in Scandinavian, Swedish, Nordic, Finnish, Norwegian and Danish languages, Tora means "Thunder or God Thor". Tora is variant of Thordis. Thordis means Thunder God and Thor is originated from Old Norse. Tora is variation of unfading and cherished Victoria. Victoria is effeminate form of Victor. Victoria means Victor Conqueror and Conqueror has its origin in Latin.. Tora is feminine form of Tor. Tor is form of Tord. Also Tor is variant of Þórr. Tor is also variant of Names Containing the Name Element Þor. Tor is shortened form of names with "gate". Tor's meaning is Watchtower, God of Thunder and Tower is rooted from Old Norse and African-Tiv.
Variants of ToraNames that rhyme with Tora
Popularity of Tora
Tora is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1898 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 1898, it ranked 1502nd when 53 girl were named Tora. Over 929 people have been named Tora in United States. Tora is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales where it has been in use since 1998 and achieved its top ranking of 2701 in 1998. But Tora is a popular baby name in Ethiopia where every 1 in 20000 have the name. At least, 10000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our estimate.
Tora in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Tora
Injustice pisses you off. Having letter A at the end of your name symbolizes your free thinking and an open mind. If letter A is your capstone in your name, it reveals your challenging nature and ambitious perspective. If you want to play with the big players, act like one. You have big plans for yourself and your future. When it comes to love, you are a passionate lover but hard to commit. Wait until you find the right one.
You would love these names similar to Tora
- Hen - Unisex name Hen came from Germanic is used in Danish and Old DanishSwedish. Hen is form of Hæin in Danish language
- Hanseeraq - Boy name Hanseeraq is used notably in Greenlandic and Danish. Hanseeraq is equivalent of Hanseraq in Greenlandic language
- Walthari is German equivalent of Waltheri
- Hergeir - Boy name Hergeir is used dominantly in Swedish, Norwegian and Faroese. Hergeir is Norwegian and Icelandic cognate of Hergeirr
- Edela is equivalent of Names Containing the Name Element Adal in German language
Namesakes of Tora
- Tora Vasilescu, Romanian actress,
- Tora Tora, American hard rock band
- Tora Sudiro, Indonesian actor and comedian
- Tora Harris, American high jumper
- Tora Berger, retired Norwegian biathlete and Olympic champion
- Tora Aasland, Norwegian politician for the Socialist Left Party
- Tora Khasgir in Victoria No. 203: Diamonds Are Forever as Actress
- Tora Kim in Constellation 13 Wolves as Actress
- Tora Hylands in The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 as Actress
- Tora Dahl Tora Armida Dahl was a Swedish writer, wife of the writer and literary critic Knut Jaensson.
- Tora Carlsson acted in short I minnenas band
- In 1920 drama film, Klostret i Sendomir, Tora Teje portrayed Elga.
- In 2006 romance movie, The Amber Sexalogy, Tora Andika portrayed Harris.
Lists having Tora
- Boys names beginning with T
- Girls names beginning with T
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Japanese Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Norse Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Girl names that ends with -ora
- Baby Names that mean Thunder
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Thor