Marta meaning and origin
Persistent and Darling Marta primarily is used in Spanish, Faroese, Icelandic, Kannada, Danish, Swedish, Arabic, Gujarati, Finnish, Greenlandic, Italian, Norwegian and Old Norse aimed at both genders which originated from Greek, Aramaic and Latin, meaning of Marta is "Mistress, Bitter, Dedicated to Mars, Feminine of Martin, Warlike, Pearl, A Lady, Herrin, Hebrew Meaning or Bitterness". Marta is a form of prominent and venerable Martina. Martina is feminine form of Martin. Also Martina is an effeminate version of Martinus. Martina is Spanish cognate of Martha. Also Martina is Polish cognate of Martina that is usedforeign. Martina means Lady and From the God Mars has origin in Latin and Aramaic. Marta is short form of Martha. Martha means Mistress and Mistress of the House has its origin in Aramaic and Greek. Marta is equivalent of The Hebrew Name מרתא = Woman, Lady, Mistress, Housewife in Greek and Latin languages. The name is celebrated on July 29th.
Variants of MartaNames that rhyme with Marta
Popularity of Marta
Marta was among the popular names in Spain. Since emerging in 2002 around 53835 babies have been given the first name. When at its peak in 2002, 4644 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 5th position. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 17 years but still performing better than most of the names. Moreover, the name has been to the top 5 baby names 4 times Also, Marta was a popular name in Italy. Over 37203 babies have been given the moniker in 20 years. At its zenith in 2003, it ranked 23rd when 2105 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However after 20 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still going strong on charts. Additionally, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 20 times
A common name in United States having over 17042 recievers in 125 years of usage. Presently the moniker is on a rise, in 1950, 444 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 384th position. Additionally, the first name has been in Marta is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 600 names. In 2010, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 559 on girl names chart when 71 babies were named Marta. Over 762 people have been named Marta in England and Wales.
Marta is a unique baby name in France, it has been in use since 1922 and was able to reach the top 700 names. In 1924, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 600 on girl names chart when 33 babies were named Marta. There are over 875 babies that have been given the name Marta in France. Also, in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 200 names. Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 197 on girl names chart when 40 babies were named Marta. Over 410 people have been named Marta in Switzerland. Also, in Belgium, the name has been in use since 1998 and has secured the place in top 400 names. Recently in 2016, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 371 on girl names chart when 27 babies were named Marta. There are over 241 babies that have been given the name Marta in Belgium.
Marta is an uncommon baby name in Ireland where it has been in use since 2004 and achieved its top ranking of 272 in 2009. Over 157 people have been named Marta in Ireland. However things change on global perspective, Marta is extremely popular in Poland where every 1 in 70 have the name as well as in, Argentina, Brazil, Guatemala, Mozambique and Colombia. Also the baby name is popular in Chile, Portugal, El Salvador, Indonesia, Slovakia, Mexico, Czech Republic, Cuba, Honduras, Ethiopia, Paraguay, Angola, Costa Rica, Ukraine, Germany, Uruguay, Venezuela, Russia, Peru, Nicaragua, England, DR Congo, Panama, Nigeria, Belarus, Romania, Puerto Rico, Slovenia, Dominican Republic, Philippines and Latvia. According to our findings, over 2730000 babies have been named Marta globally.
Marta in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Marta?
Staying true to yourself and realizing your promises is what gives you credibility. Instead of letting your past pull you back, travel to your future and focus on making plans on how to realize your goals. You want to achieve a great success and accomplish your dreams in order to prove yourself you can do it. You have no problem standing up for what's right, no matter if it concerns you, someone you know or someone you've just met.
Other names similar to Marta
- Saaim - Atypical and Modern unisex name Saaim is used particulary in Arabic and Arabic, meaning of Saaim is "Fasting" is of Arabic origin
- Ruhin is used specifically in Hindi, Tamil and Gujarati, Ruhin means "Sacred, Spiritual or Divine" is used as a gender-neutral name
- PirMohammed - Boy name PirMohammed means "Holy Prophet" is dominantly used in Arabic, Hindi and Marathi
- Aahana - Meaning of Aahana is First Rise of Sun or Morning Glory used for both sexes which is used primarily in Hindi and Tamil has its origin in Sanskrit
- Mahin - The infrequent unisex name Mahin means "The Earth, Great or Related to the Moon". It is rooted from Sanskrit is particulary used in Sanskrit and Hindi
Namesakes of Marta
- Marta Sahagún, served as the First Lady of Mexico
- Marta Steinsvik, Norwegian author and translator
- Marta Randall, American science fiction writer
- Marta Capurso, Italian short track speed skater
- Marta Hillers, German journalist, and the author of the memoir
- Marta Botía Alonso, Spanish singer-songwriter
- Marta Mendía, former high jumper from Spain
- Marta Cecchetto, Italian model
- Marta Godinho, Portuguese long jumper
- Marta Brunet, Chilean writer
- Marta Belen, American opera singer, artist, and music coach
- Marta Litinskaya-Shul, Ukrainian chess player holding the title of Woman Grandmaster
- Marta Ptaszynska, Polish composer
- Marta Grandi, Italian entomologist
- Marta Bohn-Meyer, American pilot and engineer
- Marta Suplicy, Brazilian politician and psychologist
- Marta Cid, was Minister of Education of Catalonia
- Marta Kristen, Norwegian-born American actress
- Marta Vincenzi, Italian politician and former Mayor of Genoa
- Marta Abba, Italian actress
- Marta Kauffman, American writer and TV producer
- Marta Marrero, former professional Spanish tennis player and currently a professional padel player
- Marta, Brazilian footballer
- Marta Domínguez, Spanish runner and politician
- Marta Casals Istomin, musician from Puerto Rico
- Marta Kubišová, Czech singer
- Marta Jandová, Czech musician and actress
- Marta Roure, Andorran singer and actress
- Marta Colvin, sculptor from Chillán, Chile
- Marta Andreasen, Argentine-born Spanish accountant, employed
- Marta Chrust-Rożej, retired Polish athlete
- Marta Andrade, Spanish former competitive figure skater
- Marta Prieto, Spanish professional golfer from Seville
- Marta Rivera de la Cruz, Spanish writer
- Marta Romero, actress and singer
- Marta Eggerth, Hungarian-born American actress and singer
- Marta Jeschke, Polish sprinter who specializes in the 200 metres
- Marta Bastianelli, Italian professional racing cyclist
- Marta Beatriz Roque, Cuban political dissident
- Marta Etura, Spanish film and television actress
- Marta Esther Rocafort-Altuzarra, eldest daughter of Blas Manuel Rocafort y González
- Marta Corton Vinals in Ombline as Actress
- Marta Mendoza in Death Proof as Actress
- Marta Martín in Tres metros sobre el cielo as Actress
- Marta Flores in Perros callejeros as Actress
- Marta Bonet in El Otro Lado (The Other Side) as Editor
- Marta Banda in Waking Life as Actress
- Marta Borowski in Amal as Miscellaneous Crew
- Marta Velasco in The Wild Ones as Producer
- Marta Baldó MarÃn is a former Spanish rhythmic gymnast, twice world champion and gold medalist at the 1996 Atlanta Olympic Games.
- In 1995 comedy, romance flick, Costa Brava, Marta Balletbò-Coll played Anna Giralt-Romaguera.
- In 1985, Marta Becket played the role of Ballet dancer in biography and drama flick Da Capo.
- In 2004, Marta Belaustegui portrayed the role of Sonia in drama film El principio de Arquímedes.
- In 2011, Marta de Frutos portrayed the role of Laura in thriller film Lección debida.
- Marta Elba played the pivotal role of N in 1944 drama, romance film El amor de los amores.
- Marta Forghieri played important role of Matilda in 1996 comedy flick Papà dice messa.
- In 1951, Marta María Gosálvez played the role of N in flick Horas inciertas.
- In 1991 drama flick, Virdzina, Marta Keler portrayed Stevan.
- Marta Labarr, from 1938 musical movie The Singing Cop, who played Maria Santova.
- In 1973 crime and drama movie, Perdido por Cem, Marta Leitão played Joana.
- In 1985, Marta Krasova portrayed the role of jerábnice Hedvika in drama movie Na koho to slovo padne.
- In 1975 action and crime film, Metralleta 'Stein', Marta May characterized Margarita.
- In 1961 comedy, musical film, La IV carabela, Marta Padovan played N.
- In 1944, Marta Santaolalla played the role of Silvia in drama flick La vida empieza a medianoche.
- Marta Trojanová, from 1933 flick Sestra Angelika, who portrayed N.
- Marta Valverde, from 1982 adventure, comedy film Jane, mi pequeña salvaje, who played Elsa.
- In 1970, Marta Vancurová characterized the role of Zdena in comedy flick Nevesta.
- Marta Zoriktuyeva, from 1972 crime film Propazha svidetelya, who portrayed Inga.
- In 1949 comedy movie, Detective a contramano, Marta Gularte played Ntt2046081 9 nm4596203 actor N N.
- Marta Benvenuty portrayed the role of Dominga in drama flick Pendulum Drift.
- Marta Herman, from 2015 drama flick Spiewajacy obrusik, who characterized the N.
- Marta Marciano portrayed the critical character of N in 1989 drama movie Obsessão.
- In 2013, Marta Nieradkiewicz characterized the role of Sylwia and Kuba's girlfriend in drama, romance flick Plynace wiezowce.
- In 2005, Marta Pilarova portrayed the role of Marta in comedy and fantasy film Nebyt dnesni.
- In 2012 horror and romance flick, Dracula 3D, Marta Gastini portrayed Mina Harker.
Lists having Marta
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with M
- Girls names beginning with M
- Aramaic Baby Names
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norse Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Boy names that starts with Mar
- Popular Girl Names in Italy (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Mistress
- Baby Names that mean House
- Baby Names that mean Lady
- Baby Names that mean Bitter
- Baby Names that mean Dedicated
- Baby Names that mean Mars
- Baby Names that mean Warlike
- Baby Names that mean Pearl
- Baby Names that mean Bitterness