Melchor name meaning
On This Page
What does Melchor mean?
Melchor means King (Yahweh) is Light is used as a baby boy name and is dominantly used in Tagalog and Spanish has origin in Old Persian and Hebrew. Melchor is variant form of biblical Melchior.
Melchior's meaning is King (Yahweh) is Light, King and Persian Quart = City and City has origin in Hebrew and Old Persian.
How is Melchor regarded as a baby name?
Melchor is a unique and distinct baby boy name with an origin in Hebrew. It carries a powerful meaning that refers to the ultimate sovereignty of God, stating that he is the real king who reigns supreme over all things.
The name also signifies a city of great importance, which exudes royalty, leadership, and power. Melchor radiates strength, brilliance, and beauty in one package - qualities any parent would want their child to embody.
It's a name that sets your child apart from the rest and will make them stand out throughout their life. Choosing Melchor as your baby's name will give them an incomparable identity that they can embrace as they grow up into strong individuals.
Variants of Melchor
Middle Names for Melchor
Colten, Vice, Kacen, Tjay, Achille, Oby, view more middle names that goes with MelchorNames that rhyme with Melchor
How popular is the name Melchor?
Melchor is an uncommon baby name in United States, although it has been in use since 1917 but could not make beyond the top 3000. Over 860 babies in United States have been named Melchor.
The first name is a rare baby name in France where it may not be used now. But Melchor is a popular baby name in Philippines where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, Mexico and Peru.
As per our estimate, over 120000 people has been named Melchor globally.
What numerology tells about Melchor?
You often get involved with people who have a hard time to express how they actually feel. Meditation is your thing. Use your influence to make people do good and become the best versions of themselves. You are an exceptional person, a good listener for your friends and family, but shy as a lover. Love is most important in your life. You hate waking up at the same time in the morning if you don't have to.
If you like Melchor, you would love these names
- Tobbi is equivalent of Þórbiǫrn in Old Norse and Danish languages
- Ezèchiel - Meaning of Ezèchiel is May God Make Strong has its origin in Hebrew
- Dasi means Of the Nobility and From Dacia is used predominantly in English and Hebrew commonly aimed at girls has its origin in Old English and Hebrew. Dasi is derivative of Dacey.
- Lilika - Unexpected and Fresh girl name Lilika is originated from English, meaning of Lilika is "Lily and The Lily Flower". Lilika is a derivation of Lily.
- Davida - Meaning of Davida is Friend, Darling or Feminine of David is used prevalently in Danish and Finnish. It is rooted from Hebrew is used as a gender insensitive name
Famous people named Melchor
- Melchor Cano, Spanish Scholastic theologian
- Melchor Díaz, early Spanish explorer of Western North America
- Melchor Bravo de Saravia, Spanish conquistador, interim viceroy of Peru
- Melchor Rodríguez García, Spanish politician, a notable anarcho-syndicalist
- Melchor Múzquiz, Mexican soldier and politician
- Melchor Portocarrero, 3rd Count of Monclova, was viceroy of New Spain
- Melchor de Talamantes, Mercedarian friar and priest, a political liberal
- Melchor de Navarra, Duke of Palata, Spanish politician
- Melchor Chavez, Filipino politician and perennial candidate and radio and print journalist
- Melchor Liñán y Cisneros, Roman Catholic prelate
- Melchor Concha y Toro, Chilean businessman, lawyer, and politician
Lists having Melchor
- Biblical Boy Names
- Boy names beginning with M
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Hebrew Boy Names
- Persian Boy Names
- Spanish Boy Names
- Baby Names that mean King
- Baby Names that mean Yahweh
- Baby Names that mean Light