Mordechai name meaning
On This Page
What does Mordechai mean?
Used mostly in Hebrew and English cherished, Mordechai aimed at boys has its origin in Hebrew and Old Persian, Mordechai means "Follower of Marduk, Warrior or Little Man".
How do I pronounce Mordechai?
The most common pronunciation of two syllabled Mordechai is m(o)-rde-chai. mor-dechai is another way(s) to say the name.
Variants of MordechaiNames that rhyme with Mordechai
How popular is the name Mordechai?
Mordechai is a common name in United States given to over 5025 babies in 66 years. Currently the name is hotter than ever, the moniker grabbed the 791st spot and 284 baby boys were given the name.
Mordechai is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, even after 23 years of use, it could not make it big. Over 253 people have been named Mordechai in England and Wales.
Mordechai is a rare baby name in Belgium however it is still in use. Also, Mordechai is a familiar name in England. At least, 5000 people globally have been given the name as per our evaluation.
Here's what numbers has to say about Mordechai
If the letter I represent your capstone, work on your emotional side. You solve problems systematically and diplomatically. You never approach issues or challenges with a negative attitude because you know that no problem comes with a solution. You never take love relationships seriously in order to avoid disappointment. You are an exceptional person, a good listener for your friends and family, but shy as a lover.
Parents who liked Mordechai, loved these names
- Anaise - Originated from Persian and Hebrew, Persistent and Odd Anaise means "Favour, He (God) Was Gracious and Graceful" is aimed at baby girls. Anaise is derivative of Anais.
- Yannika - Girl name Yannika means "God is Merciful and Yahweh is Gracious" has origin in Hebrew. Yannika is effeminate variation of Yannick.
- Marie-Magdeleine has its origin in Hebrew, Marie-Magdeleine means "Princess of the Sea"
- Madée - Madées origin is Hebrew, meaning of Madée is "Villager of Galilee Where Lived Mary Magdalene"
- Kaylan - Meaning of Kaylan is Descendant of Caollaidhe, Keeper of the Keys or Pure is largely used in English and English and is bestowed upon both genders is of Old Irish and Hebrew origin
Famous people named Mordechai
- Mordechai Gichon, Israeli non-fiction author and military historian
- Mordechai Mano, Israeli businessman and member of the Mano family shipping family
- Mordechai Rozanski, served as Rider University’s sixth president
- Mordechai ben Hillel, 13th-century German rabbi and posek
- Mordechai of Nadvorna, son of Rabbi Yesochor Bertche Leifer
- Mordechai Elon, Israeli Religious Zionist rabbi
- Mordechai Gebirtig, influential Yiddish poet and songwriter of the interwar period
- Mordechai Avniel, Israeli painter, sculptor and lawyer
- Mordechai Halperin, Israeli rabbi, physician and scientist
- Mordechai Strigler, prolific Polish-born Yiddish writer and editor of the Yiddish Forward
- Mordechai Shatner, Zionist activist and a signatory of the Israeli declaration of independence
- Mordechai Anielewicz, leader of the Jewish Fighting Organization
- Mordechai Maklef, third Chief of Staff of the Israel Defense Forces and later
- Mordechai Breuer, German-born Israeli Orthodox rabbi
- Mordechai Gur, military person
- Mordechai Nessyahu, Israeli political theorist and philosopher of science
- Mordechai Eliyahu, prominent rabbi, posek, and spiritual leader
- Mordechai Geldman,
- Mordechai Ben David, American Hasidic Jewish singer and songwriter popular
- Mordechai Spiegler, former Israeli footballer and manager
- Mordechai Dovid Unger, was
- Mordechai Gifter, rosh yeshiva of the Telz Yeshiva in Cleveland and among the foremost religious leaders of Orthodox Jewry
- Mordechai Vanunu, Israeli former nuclear technician and peace activist who
- Mordechai Hod, Commander of the Israeli Air Force during the 1967 Six-Day War
- Mordechai Ish-Shalom, Israeli politician and labor leader
- Mordechai Yosef Leiner, rabbinic Hasidic thinker and founder of the Izhbitza-Radzyn dynasty of Hasidic Judaism
- Mordechai Twersky, son of Rabbi Menachem Nachum Twersky of Chernobyl and the second rebbe of the Chernobyl Hasidic dynasty
- Mordechai Willig, Orthodox rabbi and rosh yeshiva at Yeshiva University
- Mordechai Namir, Israeli politician,
- Mordechai Bentov, Israeli journalist and politician
- Mordechai Ben-Ze'ev in movie Adon Leon as Actor
Lists having Mordechai
- Biblical Boy Names
- Boy names beginning with M
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Hebrew Boy Names
- Persian Boy Names
- Baby Names that mean Follower
- Baby Names that mean Warrior
- Baby Names that mean Servant
- Baby Names that mean Little
- Baby Names that mean Man