Melena meaning and origin
Unwonted Melena is originated from Old Greek and Latin, Melena means "Native of Magdala", used in Dutch and Slavic is a baby girl name . Melena is variation of imperishable and cherished Melina. Melina is variation of imperishable and cherished Melissa. Melina is effeminate form of Ameline and names with "Amal". Melina is Italian cognate of Carmelina. Melina means Honey, Woman from the Island Melos and Quince-yellow has origin in French and Latin. Melena is short form of Magdalene. Magdalene is resulted from Magdalena. Magdalene is equivalent of Magdalena in Norwegian and Danish languages. Magdalene's meaning is Magdalene and Of Magdala is of Hebrew origin.
Variants of Melena
View middle names that goes with Melena like Scarlet, Adee,Names that rhyme with Melena
Popularity of Melena
Melena is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1957 and was able to reach the top 3000 names. In 1975, it ranked 2518th when 52 girl were named Melena. There are over 1179 babies that have been given the name Melena in United States. Melena is an uncommon baby name in France, chances of it being still in use are very slim. Melena is a rare baby name in England and Wales there is very thin chances of it still being given. Also, Melena is a familiar name in Russia, Indonesia, Uganda and Philippines. At least, 1000 people globally have carried Melena as their given name according to our findings.
Here's what numbers has to say about Melena
You are never bored. Even when you are alone. You often get involved with people who have a hard time to express how they actually feel. Appreciate yourself and your partner more. Otherwise, you'll end up alone. You want to travel the world and inspire people to do the same. Do what your heart tells you to do. Otherwise, you will end up unhappy. When it comes to love, you are the jealous partner with a low self-confidence.
Do you like Melena? Other names you would love
- Silvan - Widely Accepted unisex name Silvan means "Wood or Inspired By the Roman Forest God" used largely in Norwegian and German has its origin in English and Latin languages
- Vivia - Dominantly used in Swedish, Danish and Faroese unfading and unexpected, Vivia means "Full of Life" and is bestowed upon girls is rooted from Latin
- Blanche - Origin of Loved and Enduring Blanche is in Hungarian, Spanish and Latin is used predominantly in Swedish and Danish, meaning of Blanche is "Blanc Meaning White Bright Beautiful or The White" is given to both boys and girls
- Humbeline - Specifically used in French, Humbeline is used as a girl name, meaning of Humbeline is "Shadow or One That Works" came from Latin
- Varenilla - Varenillas origin is Latin, meaning of Varenilla is "Various Things"
Namesakes of Melena
We could not find any notable namesake.