Carmel meaning and origin
Unfading and Acclaimed Carmel dominantly is used in Finnish, Hebrew, Swedish, Norwegian, English and Danish, meaning of Carmel is "Fruit Garden, Fruitful Land or Bright Red" used as a unisex name is rooted from Latin and Hebrew. Carmel is equivalent of Carmen in Spanish language. Carmel is celebrated on July 16th.
Variants of CarmelNames that rhyme with Carmel
Popularity of Carmel
Carmel is common in United States where over 8432 new-borns have been given the name since 1888. Currently the name is rising, in 1914, 155 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 585th position. Also, A common name in Ireland with over 4073 new-borns have been given the name since 1964. At its zenith in 1964, the moniker grabbed the 21st spot and 304 baby girls were given the name.
Carmel is a familiar baby name in New South Wales during its short run, it been to the top 100 names. In 1952, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 85 on girl names chart when 86 babies were given the name Carmel. Over 559 babies in New South Wales have been named Carmel. Also, during its short run of just 8 years in Queensland, it had made it to the top 100 names. In 1960, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 69 on girl names chart when 57 babies were given the name Carmel. Over 395 people have been named Carmel in Queensland.
Carmel is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 1000 names. In 1998, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 955 on girl names chart when 30 babies were named Carmel. Over 360 babies in England and Wales have been named Carmel. The given name is an uncommon baby name in France, even after 64 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 600. Over 244 babies in France have been named Carmel.
But Carmel is a popular baby name in Australia where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in England. As per our findings, over 60000 people has been named Carmel globally.
Carmel in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Carmel
You are a walking motivation and inspire people to take control over their lives and make the best of themselves. People often mistake you for a fool but you always find an indirect way to prove them wrong. You are the innovator, the one who organizes parties or sleepovers, and the initiator for doing unusual stuff. People admire your charm and independent attitude about everything. You prefer originality and hard work instead of taking the easier road to success.
You would love these names similar to Carmel
- Aurea - Aurea's meaning is Or is used predominantly in Norwegian and Danish and a girl name has its origin in Latin and English
- Quirin - Used chiefly in Swedish and German, Quirin is originated from Latin, Quirin means "Warlike or Curis" is used for boys
- Tiany - Unexpected choice and Contemporary Latin Tiany is used as a baby girl name, meaning of Tiany is "King of the Sabines"
- Latona means Goddess is used commonly in African and Greek and of Latin origin is bestowed upon girls
- Dolline - Unwonted Dolline has its origin in Latin bestowed upon baby girls, Dolline means "Pain"
Namesakes of Carmel
- Carmel Quinn, Irish entertainer who has appeared on Broadway
- Carmel Bird, Australian writer of novels
- Carmel Maher, Australian politician
- Carmel Zollo, Australian politician
- Carmel Charles, author and the last fluent speaker of the Nyulnyul language of Western Australia
- Carmel Budiardjo, British human rights activist
- Carmel Kaine, Australian classical violinist
- Carmel McCaffrey, Irish author of books and lecturer on Irish history
- Carmel Clark, former freestyle and backstroke swimmer
- Carmel Schrire, professor of anthropology at Rutgers University whose research focuses on historical archaeology
- Carmel Henry Carfora, Carfora taught a creed based on strict interpretation pre-Vatican I Roman Catholic theology and practice
- Carmel Myers, American actress
- Carmel Busuttil, Maltese former professional footballer
- Carmel Tebbutt, Australian former politician
- Carmel Bodel, American figure skater
- Carmel Robichaud, politician and retired teacher in New Brunswick
- Carmel Gunning, Irish composer and musician, from Sligo, Ireland
- Carmel Hanna, Irish politician
- Carmel, with bassist Jim Parris and drummer Gerry Darby
- Carmel Snow, named after Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- Carmel Bernon Harvey Jr., Carmel Bernon Harvey Jr
- Carmel Macklin in I Am Legend as Stunts
- Carmela Rappazzo in Outbreak as Actress
- Carmella Cansino in The Masked Rider as Actress
- Carmella Casinelli in My Big Fat Trailer Park Wedding as Producer
- Carmela Evangelista in Red Riding Hood as Miscellaneous Crew
- Carmelita Johnson in House Party: Tonight's the Night as Actress
- Carmel Jackson in The King's Speech as Make-Up Department
- Carmella Crush in Teens with Tits 8 as Actress
- Carmel Baird in Episode #2.7 as Actress
- Carmel Betto acted in movie Besame Mucho
- In 2002 crime, drama movie, Une grande perte, Carmel Edmé characterized N.
Lists having Carmel
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with C
- Girls names beginning with C
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Boy names that starts with Car
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (1984)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (1960)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (1967)
- Baby Names that mean Fruit
- Baby Names that mean Garden
- Baby Names that mean Fruitful
- Baby Names that mean Land
- Baby Names that mean Bright
- Baby Names that mean Red