Nico name meaning
What does Nico mean?
Prevalent unisex name Nico is predominantly used in English, Norwegian, Finnish, Danish, Swedish, Dutch and German that of Old Greek origin, meaning of Nico is "Victory of the People, Abbreviation of Nicholas or Victorious Person". Nico is abridged form of Nicodemus. Origin of Commonly Accepted Nicodemus is in Old Greek language, meaning of Nicodemus is "Victory of the People, Victorious Person and Victory".
What's Nico like for a baby name?
Nico is a unique and distinct baby name that has a charming and adorable ring to it. Although popular in Italy, this name is easy to pronounce in most languages and cultures around the world. It has a playful yet sophisticated sound that can make anyone smile. Nico is also a versatile name that can suit any personality type, from outgoing and adventurous to gentle and compassionate. Its origins stem from the Italian language, which adds cultural significance to the name as well. Additionally, its meaning of "Victory of the people" adds a layer of strength, power, and triumph that further enhances its appeal as a baby name choice.
How do I pronounce Nico?
Two syllabled Nico is pronounced as n(i)-co. There are multiple ways to say the baby name, i.e., nee-koe.
Variants of NicoNames that rhyme with Nico
How popular is the name Nico?
a popular name in United States with over 12011 new-borns have been given the name since 1960. Currently the name is hotter than ever, the moniker grabbed the 382nd spot and 835 baby boys were given the name. In addition to that, the first name has been in the top 500 baby names 7 times A common name in England and Wales with over 2183 new-borns have been given the name since 1996. Presently at its peak, it ranked 267th when 190 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Also, Nico is common in Switzerland where over 3735 new-borns have been given the name since 1998. At the peak of its usage in 2004, it ranked 10th when 264 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 10 baby names 1 times
Nico is a familiar baby name in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 1996, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 191 on boy names chart when 62 babies were given the name Nico. There are over 547 babies that have been given the name Nico in Belgium. Nico is an uncommon baby name in France, even after 32 years of use, it could not make it big. Over 299 people have been named Nico in France.
Nico is a rare baby name in Ireland still in use today. And also in Netherlands. But Nico is a popular baby name in Germany where every 1 in 6000 have the name as well as in, South Africa, Indonesia, DR Congo, Philippines and Mozambique. As per our findings, over 140000 people has been named Nico globally.
Nico in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Nico
You have to pay attention to your surroundings and the people you hang out with. Practice introspection in order to know yourself better. Live a life to remember. Otherwise, you will definitely regret the opportunities you missed when you get older. The letter N symbolizes your openness, wide range of knowledge, and having the ability to look at things from different perspectives. You are intelligent and independent.
You would love these names similar to Nico
- Xandrine - Xandrine's meaning is Helper and Defender of Mankind and To Help is used as a girl name that came from Old Greek is substantially used in French. Xandrine is resultant of Alexandra.
- Philina - Philina's meaning is Expensive or Love aimed at girls is of Greek origin
- Stéphano - Meaning of Stéphano is Crowning has its roots in Greek is dominantly used in Italian
- Oana - The Oana means "Lamb or Pure". It is rooted from Greek is particulary used in Breton
- Akilles - Origin of Illustrous Akilles is in Old Greek is majorly used in Finnish and Swedish is aimed at baby boys. Akilles is equivalent of Achilles in Nordic language
Famous people named Nico
- Nico Landeweerd, former water polo player from the Netherlands
- Nico Assumpção, Brazilian bass player
- Nico Stehr, zeppelin-university
- Nico Lathouris, Australian-born actor and writer of Greek descent
- Nico Mastorakis, Greek filmmaker, director and radio producer
- Nico van der Voet, former water polo player from the Netherlands
- Nico Minardos, Greek-American actor
- Nico Roozen, Dutch economist who,
- Nico Castel, comprimario tenor and well-known language and diction coach
- Nico de Haas, Dutch communist and National-Socialist photographer
- Nico Smith, South African Afrikaner minister and prominent opponent of apartheid
- Nico Perrone, Italian essayist, historian and journalist
- Nico Habermann, noted Dutch computer scientist
- Nico Freriks, volleyball player from the Netherlands,
- Nico de Wolf, Dutch amateur football player
- Nico Gunzburg, Belgian lawyer, criminologist and centenarian
- Nico Baracchi, Swiss bobsledder and skeleton racer
- Nico Dostal, Austrian composer
- Nico F. Declercq, physicist and mechanical engineer
- Nico Diederichs, served as the third State President of South Africa
- Nico Vaesen, Belgian former footballer
- Nico Rosberg, retired German–Finnish Formula One racing driver and 2016 Formula One World Champion
- Nico Motchebon, former German 800 metres runner
- Nico Kasanda, guitarist
- Nico Van Kerckhoven, retired Belgian football left fullback
- Nico Hülkenberg, German professional racing driver currently racing for the Renault Sport F1 Team
- Nico Thomas, professional boxer
- Nico Prost, French professional racing driver
- Nico Verdonck, Belgian racing driver
- Nico Claesen, former Belgian football player
- Nico Mattan, Belgian former road racing cyclist
- Nico Colaluca, American former professional soccer player
- Nico Jalink, Dutch former footballer and football manager
- Nico Rienks, former rower
- Nico Rijnders, Dutch footballer
- Nico Bouvy, Dutch amateur football player
- Nico Verhoeven, professional rider from 1985 to 1995
- Nico Muhly, American contemporary classical music composer and arranger
- Nico Pulzetti, Italian footballer
- Nico Herzig, German footballer
- Nico Frommer, German former footballer who played as a striker
- Nico Sijmens, retired Belgian road racing cyclist
- Nico Mirallegro, English actor
- Nico Braun, former footballer from Luxembourg
- Nico, German singer, songwriter, musician, model
- Nicole Danielle in Car Matchmaker with Spike Feresten as Producer
- Nicole Sassaman in Witchcraft V: Dance with the Devil as Actress
- Nicole Nagorsky in Kindergarten Cop as Actress
- Nicole Lopes in Two Hearts as Actress
- Nicole Dorsey in Star Princess as Director
- Nico Lypitkas directed the short Timing
- Nico Bidasolo played central role of Chica in 1997 crime and drama film La pistola de mi hermano.
- In 1983 comedy flick, Le bourreau des coeurs, Nico il Grande played Jésus.
- In 1981 comedy flick, Frohes Fest, Nico Grüneke characterized Weihnachtsmann.
- Nico Wohllebe played significant role of Felix Grosser in 1988 adventure and crime flick Felix und der Wolf.
- Nico Charles, from 2018 horror movie Halloween Hell Night, who portrayed Jack.
- In 2014 comedy and drama flick, Konfetti, Nico Panagio characterized Jean Voster.
- In 2014, Nico Gagnon played the role of Antoine in drama and fantasy film Saule.
- In 2012 drama flick, Posas, Nico Antonio played Jess Biag.
- Nico Lombardo, from 2021 drama, sport movie Young Again, who played the Asst. Coach Smaller.
Lists having Nico
- Boys names beginning with N
- Girls names beginning with N
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Dutch Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Boy names that starts with Nic
- Popular Boy Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Victory
- Baby Names that mean People
- Baby Names that mean Victorious