Rio name meaning
What does Rio mean?
Rio means River has origin in Latin and Spanish and is particulary used in Norwegian, Japanese, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Spanish and English is used as a gender-neutral name. Rio is derived from Spanish.
What's Rio like for a baby name?
Rio is a great name for a baby, as it reflects an upbeat and fun-loving spirit. The name has Latin roots and is short enough to be easily remembered by all. Those with the name Rio can expect to be popular amongst their peers, as the name has a certain feel of excitement and adventure. It is also associated with the city of Rio de Janeiro in Brazil, which gives it international flair and captures some of its cultural diversity. Overall, Rio is an excellent choice for those looking for a unique name for their child that will stand out from the crowd.
How do I pronounce Rio?
The most common way to pronounce one syllabled Rio is rio.
Variants of RioNames that rhyme with Rio
How popular is the name Rio?
Rio is a common name in United States given to over 3929 babies in 93 years. Recently at its peak, 169 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 1131st position. Also, A common name in England and Wales having over 5543 recievers in 46 years of usage. Presently the moniker is on a rise, in 2008, it ranked 155th when 359 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. But Rio is a popular baby name in Indonesia where every 1 in 4000 have the name as well as in Philippines. As per our evaluation, over 100000 babies have been bestowed Rio around the globe.
Rio in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Rio?
Having letter I as your first vowel represents your elegance, impulsive attitude, big heart, and gentle soul. You are intuitive but never use your intuition when it comes to making important decisions in life. Even if you help people fight their battles, you prefer to fight yours on your own. You always feel like something's missing in your life. You always care more about other people's well-being and never find time to check how you are doing.
Parents who liked Rio, loved these names
- Chrislène has its origin in Latin, Chrislène means "Disciple of the Christ"
- Marina - Marina's meaning is Of the Sea Which Belong, Star of the Sea or Sailor of the Sea has origin in Latin and is mostly used in Russian, Norwegian and Icelandic is used for both boys and girls
- Raisa means Flower or Carefree is mainly used in Hindi and Tamil normally bestowed upon girls has its origin in Hebrew and Latin
- Justa - Meaning of Justa is Fire or The Just is used majorly in Swedish, Finnish and Danish. Its origin is in Latin is used as a gender-neutral name
- Sabeena - Unfamiliar Sabeena is originated from Latin language bestowed upon girls and is used principally in Malayalam and Arabic, Sabeena means "From the Name Sabine an Italian Culture or Beautiful"
Celebrity Baby News
- Kate Ferdinand Announces Second Pregnancy After Heartbreaking Miscarriage
Manchester United legend Rio Ferdinand and his wife, former reality TV star Kate, have announced they are expecting their second child together six months after suffering a heartbreaking miscarriage.
Famous people named Rio
- Rio Akisada, Japanese actress
- Rio Reiser, German rock musician and singer of rock group Ton Steine Scherben
- Rio Ferdinand, English former professional footballer
- Rio Natsuki, Japanese voice actress and singer
- Rio Natsume, adult biography
- Rio Mavuba, French footballer
- Rio Diaz, Filipino beauty queen, television presenter
- Rio Preisner, Czech poet, philosopher, translator
- Rio Scafone in Demeter: Surrender as Actress
- Rio Fanning is well-known for his acting in TV series The Avengers
- Rio Locsin played the key character of Auring in 1982 drama and horror movie Haplos.
- Rio Serizawa, from 1992 movie SM shûdan rô-zeme, who played the N.
- In 2006 film, Torazou to atta hi, Rio Aoki played N.
- In 2002 drama and horror film, Honogurai mizu no soko kara, Rio Kanno played Ikuko Matsubara or 6 years old.
- Rio Del Mundo played the small role of N in 1973 drama flick You Are My Destiny.
- Rio Matsumoto, from 2005 horror movie Tomie: Beginning, who played Tomie Kawakami.
- Rio Ellbon portrayed the key role of Ferdl in 1919 drama movie Der Edelweisskönig.
Lists having Rio
- Boys names beginning with R
- Girls names beginning with R
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Japanese Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Baby Names that mean River