Samir name meaning
What does Samir mean?
Majorly used in Finnish, Tamil, Albanian, Danish, Malayalam, Indian, Hindi, Marathi, English, African, Sikh, Sindhi, Swedish, Sanskrit, Gujarati, Arabic, Oriya, Telugu, Bengali, Norwegian, Iranian, Kannada and Assamese preeminent, Samir means "Wind, Pleasant Companion, Jovial, Early Morning Fragrance, Companion of Vigil, Breeze, Nightly Entertainers or Companion In Talk", a unisex name has origin in Arabic.
Variants of SamirNames that rhyme with Samir
How popular is the name Samir?
Samir was a popular name in France. Over 16613 babies have been named Samir since 1950. At the peak of its usage in 1986, the moniker grabbed the 100th spot and 703 baby boys were given the name. However after 68 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 100 baby names 1 times Samir was a common name in United States. Over 8086 babies have been named Samir since 1953. When at the peak of its usage in 2011,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 70 years but it is still in a strong position.
Samir is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 400 names. In 2004, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 328 on boy names chart when 91 babies were given the name Samir. Over 1302 babies in England and Wales have been named Samir. The given name is a unique baby name in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 300 names. In 2002, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 254 on boy names chart when 27 babies were named Samir. There are over 333 babies that have been given the name Samir in Switzerland. Also, in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 300 names. In 1997, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 258 on boy names chart when 42 babies were named Samir. There are over 540 babies that have been given the name Samir in Belgium.
Samir is an uncommon baby name in Ireland still in use today. However things change on global perspective, Samir is extremely popular in India where every 1 in 3000 have the name as well as in, Egypt and Algeria. Also the baby name is popular in Morocco, Iraq, Yemen, Oman, Azerbaijan, Tunisia, Sudan, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Bangladesh, Lebanon, Jordan, Pakistan, Palestine, United Arab Emirates, Brazil, Libya, Nigeria, Russia, Uzbekistan, Nepal, Kuwait, Colombia, Afghanistan and Qatar. According to our research, over 1440000 babies have been named Samir globally.
Samir in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Samir?
Don't settle for an ordinary life. Don't be ordinary. Your primary goal is to create a life you won't need a yearly vacation from. You are probably well aware of your dependence on others. When it comes to relationships, you hate monogamy and easily fall in and out of love. Focus on what's important to you rather than focusing on making other people content. You need to open up and allow your closest ones to enter your real world.
Do you like Samir? You would love these names
- Arushi - Used largely in Hindi and Sindhi uncustomary, Arushi aimed at girls and of Sanskrit origin, Arushi means "Beauty, First Rays of the Sun or Dawn"
- Faiqah means Excellent or Surpassing is used in Arabic and Sindhi is given to baby girls
- Baseema - Used particulary in Gujarati and Hindi, Baseema is of Arabic origin, Baseema means "Smiling or Spring" is normally bestowed upon girls
- Maleehah means Graceful or Brownish Color is used mainly in Arabic and Sindhi is a girl name
- Emran - Emran's meaning is Achievement or Progress is used particulary in Arabic and Arabic is given to both genders
Famous people named Samir
- Samir Atallah, Lebanese journalist, author and political analyst
- Samir Abduh Sa'id al-Maktawi, became wanted
- Samir El-Youssef, Palestinian-British writer and critic,
- Samir Moussaoui, Algerian long-distance runner
- Samir Mallal, Canadian filmmaker whose work touches commercials
- Samir Naqqash, Israeli novelist, short-story writer
- Samir Moussaab, second highest-ranking member of the "North African Islamic Al-Qaeda" until the Algerian army shot and killed him in Si Moustapha village
- Samir Khalil Samir, Egyptian Jesuit priest, Islamic scholar
- Samir Geagea, Lebanese militia leader and politician
- Samir Azzouz, Dutch national of Moroccan descent
- Samir Beloufa, Algerian former football player
- Samir Zaoui, Algerian football player
- Samir Bannout, IFBB professional bodybuilder
- Samir Kassir, Lebanese-French professor of history at Saint-Joseph University and journalist
- Samir Sumaidaie, Iraqi politician and was the Iraqi ambassador to the United States
- Samir Amin, Egyptian-French Marxian economist
- Samir Habashneh, Minister of State and Minister of Agriculture for Jordan
- Samir Ghawshah, Palestinian politician and militia leader
- Samir Naji Al Hasan Moqbel, citizen of Yemen, held in extrajudicial detention
- Samir Nasri, French professional footballer
- Samir Arora, American businessman and CEO of Sage Digital since April 2016
- Samir Handanović, Slovenian professional footballer of Bosniak ancestry
- Samir Mehanović, Bosnian and British BAFTA and IDFA awards winning film director
- Samir El Moussaoui, Dutch footballer of Moroccan descent
- Samir Soni, Indian film and television actor
- Samir Muratović, Bosnian-Herzegovinian footballer
- Samir Brikho, FREng, was Chief Executive of Amec Foster Wheeler
- Samir Ghanem, Egyptian comedian, singer, and entertainer
- Samir Aboud, retired Libyan footballer
- Samir Kamouna, retired Egyptian professional football player
- Samir Ujkani, Kosovo Albanian professional footballer
- Samir Bertin d'Avesnes, Comorian footballer, who plays for FC Aregno-Calvi
- Samir Zazou, Algerian footballer
- Samir Mammadov, boxer from Azerbaijan
- Samir Boughanem, retired Moroccan football player
- Samir Kozarac, Swiss football player who plays for SV Elversberg
- Samira Radsi in Anduni - Fremde Heimat as Director
- Samira Kawas in Leo the African as Producer
- Samira Jowkar in Iniquity as Miscellaneous Crew
- Samira Izadi in Driving to Zigzigland as Actress
- Samirah Saja in Divorce: A Journey Through the Kids' Eyes as
- Samira Draa in Kingdom of Heaven as Actress
- Samira Damavandi in House of Sand and Fog as Actress
- Samira Lachhab in La revenante as Actress
- Samira Chatila in Shahin & Kim Somers as Producer
- Samira Mohamed Ali in Molly Crows as Actress
- Samir Chanda in movie Ek Nadir Galpo as Director
- Samir Shedid characterized main role of Samir in 1961 drama movie Kalb fi zalam.
- In 1936 drama, romance movie, Maarouf el Badawi, Samir Abdallah Lama portrayed A Child.
- Samir Chamas, from 1968 drama, musical film Bint El-Hares, who played N.
- In 2009, Samir Hammoudi characterized the role of N in music flick Battle.
- In 2011 drama flick, Tanathur, Samir Hawa characterized Doctor.
Lists having Samir
- Boys names beginning with S
- Girls names beginning with S
- Arabic Baby Names
- African Baby Names
- Albanian Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Sanskrit Baby Names
- Assamese Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Sindhi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in France (1986)
- Baby Names that mean Wind
- Baby Names that mean Pleasant
- Baby Names that mean Companion
- Baby Names that mean Evening
- Baby Names that mean Morning
- Baby Names that mean Fragrance
- Baby Names that mean Breeze
- Baby Names that mean Night