Saunders name meaning
On This Page
What does Saunders mean?
Outlandish Saunders came from Old Greek, meaning of Saunders is "Alexander's Son or Man's Defender" aimed at boys is used largely in English. Saunders is version of long standing and predominant Alexander.
Alexander is equivalent of The Greek Name Αλεξανδρος in Latin language. Alexander's meaning is Warrior, Manly and He Who Wards Off (Other) Men is originated from English, Hungarian and German.
How do I pronounce Saunders?
The two syllabled name Saunders is pronounced, sa(u)-nde-rs. The other ways to say the name is saun-ders.
Variants of Saunders
How popular is the name Saunders?
Saunders is an uncommon baby name in United States, even after 32 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 2000. Over 187 people have been named Saunders in United States.
At least, 500 people globally have been given the name as per our findings.
What numerology tells about Saunders?
You often act without thinking. You are fully devoted to the people you care for but to get to this point with a person, it takes a lot of time and effort. Your motto is: be the change you want to see in the world and make a difference while you are alive. You are a powerful presence and people respect you for your sharp mind and intelligence. Working harder than required is what you are known for.
Do you like Saunders? Read these names too
- Jelica means Moon Elope, A Lady Attending on Imogen and Basket is used as a girl name has origin in Slavic and Old Greek. Jelica is derived from Helen.
- Juro - Boy name Juro is especially used in Czech which of Old Greek origin, meaning of Juro is "Farmer and Worker of the Earth". Juro is a derivation of George.
- Polyphemus is originated from Greek is used as a boy name. Polyphemus is Latin equivalent of Πολύφημος, a Greek Name Meaning Famous, a Combination of Greek Polus = Many;Phēmē = Rumour, Report
- Dorotea - Primarily used in Hawaiian, Finnish and Faroese long standing and sufficiently quirky, Dorotea is originated from Old Greek, meaning of Dorotea is "Gift of God" is used for baby girls
- Dollie - Acclaimed and Ceaseless Dollie came from Old Greek and Germanic is used specifically in Swedish and English, meaning of Dollie is "Variant of the Greek Dorothy or Gift of God" is used as a gender insensitive name
Famous people named Saunders
- Saunders Lewis, Welsh poet, dramatist, historian, literary critic
- Saunders Alexius Abbott, army officer in the British East India Company
- Saunders Mac Lane, American mathematician
- Saunders Kurtz composed the music of movie The City Without Jews
Lists having Saunders
- Boy names beginning with S
- American Boy Names
- Greek Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Baby Names that mean Son
- Baby Names that mean Man
- Baby Names that mean Defender